Working Mama's that pump

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nursingmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long are you separated from baby?
How many times are you pumping while separated?
How many total oz of BM are you getting from pumping in a day?
How much is your baby eating currently while separated by bottle?
How would you say it is going?

April 10th, 2013, 05:47 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long are you separated from baby? 14hrs (overnight)

How many times are you pumping while separated? I pump twice at work and he eats right before I leave for work and as soon as I get home.

How many total oz of BM are you getting from pumping in a day? I dont pump until im empty just until the storage bag is full which is probably why I have a clogged duct right now but I get 8-10oz each time I pump so a total of 16-20 ounces each night.

How much is your baby eating currently while separated by bottle? He eats an average of 8-10 ounces each night Im at work

How would you say it is going? It is going ok. I detest pumping and can never find the time to do it at work. im always rushed so my breasts are never empty. however im thankful that i get plenty of milk and Felix is fine taking a bottle

April 11th, 2013, 07:15 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
How long are you separated from baby? About 8 hours, 5 days a week.
How many times are you pumping while separated? Usually 2, but sometimes 3.
How many total oz of BM are you getting from pumping in a day? I am not sure, but it's a lot. I'm lucky. I also have to pump in the morning while she is nursing on the other side, and at night before bed as she doesn't dry me out. I make 20 ounces in bottles for daycare, another 5 ounce bottle for evening emergencies, and I usually freeze 5-10 ounces a day... I have a bit of an overproduction problem that is actually kind of stressful. I know I shouldn't complain, but my boobs leak and wake me up when LO is sleeping through the night, and we have to sometimes cut errands short because I can't stand the engorgement that happens about every 4 hours.
How much is your baby eating currently while separated by bottle? 5 ounces at a time at daycare, usually 3 bottles a day.
How would you say it is going? Overall good, but it's a giant hassle.

I thought I was producing! Wow nursingmama, up to ten ounces at once? I never get more than 6 or 7. I just guess I get it frequently.

I'm actually thinking of donating. She is 12 weeks old an I have about 200 ounces frozen. You can donate to FDA approved banks for premies if you are willing to give 150 ounces. I'm not ready yet, I want to make sure I have enough for her. Also, I have this weird attachment to my milk.

Our power went out Friday, and I was in a total pure panic that the dedicated BM freezer would let the milk thaw. I was so close to driving out for endless bags of ice when it came back on. It was all I cared about. We'd just purchased $300 in groceries and I was ready to sacrifice it all to save a bag of milk! Haha
April 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Expecting #1
How long are you separated from baby? 8-9 hours, but I go visit at lunch time for an hour
How many times are you pumping while separated? 4 times while separated, but I pump more throughout the day to get more expressed milk to keep up, pretty much after every feeding
How many total oz of BM are you getting from pumping in a day? I get 24-28 oz, which is pretty much exactly what Ember eats in a day. My first pump of the day, I get 10 oz., but every pump after that is much less 2-4 oz.
How much is your baby eating currently while separated by bottle? she takes 4, 4oz bottles, but sometimes only 3
How would you say it is going? its rough. Ember still hasnt gotten the hang of nursing and seems to just comfort nurse. So I put her on to nurse and then I pump and usually have to give her a bottle because she is hungry. So she gets about 24-28 oz of expressed milk everyday and she nurses, but I highly doubt she is getting much when nursing even though she is getting better now. My goal is 1 year and I am hoping it gets a little easier when Ember starts solids around 6 months.

April 11th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How long are you separated from baby? 9-10 hours
How many times are you pumping while separated? 4
How many total oz of BM are you getting from pumping in a day? I get around 19oz per day
How much is your baby eating currently while separated by bottle? She takes 3 bottles with 3 oz in each.
How would you say it is going? I HATE pumping, but I will hang in there for a year. It was a struggle getting Peyton to actually take a bottle for the first 3 weeks or so, but now she is doing well with it. Overall things are a success.

April 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamermarie View Post

I thought I was producing! Wow nursingmama, up to ten ounces at once? I never get more than 6 or 7. I just guess I get it frequently.

I'm actually thinking of donating. She is 12 weeks old an I have about 200 ounces frozen. You can donate to FDA approved banks for premies if you are willing to give 150 ounces. I'm not ready yet, I want to make sure I have enough for her. Also, I have this weird attachment to my milk.

Our power went out Friday, and I was in a total pure panic that the dedicated BM freezer would let the milk thaw. I was so close to driving out for endless bags of ice when it came back on. It was all I cared about. We'd just purchased $300 in groceries and I was ready to sacrifice it all to save a bag of milk! Haha
Lol yeah I am like a human dairy cow. I pump WAY more than Felix eats. It was the same for DS1. By time he was done nursing (at about 14 months) I had tons of milk left over in the freezer. I feel very blessed that I am able to produce so much but it is a pain to be so engorged and leaking all the time.
I am also considering donating. I never pump until I am completely empty so I know that I would have plenty. We have an entire freezer full of milk that DS2 doesnt even touch because he is still eating what I have freshly pumped the night before. The NICU at my work takes donations so I will probably look into donating with them. Pumping is just such a pain in the booty.
beamermarie likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 07:13 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long are you separated from baby?10ish hours

How many times are you pumping while separated? 3

How many total oz of BM are you getting from pumping in a day? 16-20

How much is your baby eating currently while separated by bottle? ugh, she's had some major issues with taking bottles. She was eating 3oz, mostly force fed by syringe. Luckily the last 2 days she has started eating from the bottle more, she took 6-7 oz. I'm hoping to have her up to 8-10 oz next week, and eventually 12.

How would you say it is going? pumping sucks, but it feeds the baby, so I'll keep it up.

April 15th, 2013, 06:40 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
How long are you separated from baby? 11 hrs per day. I'm still in training at my new job
How many times are you pumping while separated? 2
How many total oz of BM are you getting from pumping in a day? 10-15 oz
How much is your baby eating currently while separated by bottle?5-7 oz
How would you say it is going? It's ok he's worth it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search