How much clothes do you have for your LO?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I'm especially interested to compare FTM answers to BTDt mom answers.

I'm currently going through all my baby clothes from DD1 so I can get them ready for Lucy. Omg, she had SO much clothes. In size 0-3 alone, there has got to be literally close to 100 outfits. What was I thinking? I went nutso buying clothes!!! A lot of it still had tags.
I feel guilty for not buying much new for Lucy. I get a few things here and there bc the shopoholic in me can't resist. But I try not to for the most part bc I still have so much left from DD1.
April 11th, 2013, 09:39 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I bought the bare minimum because all I got from baby shower was clothes. Of course he has outfit in the T's but he never wear the same thing twice in a week so we're good! Plus he never wore NB. I don't have too little and I don't have too much.

April 11th, 2013, 11:01 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i dont have too many outfits he can wear. probably 20 onesies (0-3months) but half of those are long sleeved and its too warm for those here. He has about 5 pairs of pants but he usually is pantless because of the warm weather. I definitely feel like he has enough though. I also have a bunch of stuff from DS1 but they were born in opposite seasons so most of those clothes are still in storage.

Now if I had a girl this would be a whole different story! I would go totally crazy buying all those adorable little girl outfits

April 12th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Expecting #1
DH would say we have too much, but ou can never have too much adorable girl clothes . I didn't go overboard in any one size, but I would say I already have 30-50 outfits in each size through 12-18 months. This isn't including the sleep and plays and PJs. I didn't get this much in NB size, maybe 10 outfits.

I pretty much got to put Ember in a new outfit everyday and put my favorites on her a few times. She is still on 0-3 month size and will soon be going to 3-6 month size.

April 12th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a few newborn outfits, the lady at the store told us to grab a few but to focus more on 0-3 month stuff and I'm so glad because Julius only fit newborn for a week, but I have so many snowsuits I bought 5 in different thickness for those oh so cold days to those not so cold days and I've only used the snow suit sack my mom bought :/ I love buying clothes but I've def pulled the brakes, especially since my mom sent 2 huge boxes of clothes and has another box on the way. Our basement in full of baby clothes in plastic storage containers. I hope to use it all again I went pretty unisex in color.
April 12th, 2013, 02:55 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I have a decent amount, but everything is either second hand or bought by somebody else. Brand new that I bought him was a pair of pants and a cute carter onesie set. Thats all. So I don't feel bad that he has a decent amount of clothes!!

April 12th, 2013, 05:06 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I think a decent amount... No clue on a number. We had about 3 newborn outfits when he was born, so we bought more footies and a couple Carter's outfits. He has much more variety in 0-3 and up. He has tons of 3-6 and 12-24 clothes, nearly all of which were gifts!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 12th, 2013, 09:58 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Honestly, I don't get that much clothing at this age. They grow so fast and if you have too much you really don't get much use out of it. As long as I have enough to get me through say 10 days or so then I am good! Of course, I have more than that because the #1 thing people give you as gifts are clothes but I personally don't buy that much clothes.....

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
April 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Too much!!! Lol. I actually didn't end up getting enough NB stuff and had to buy more leggings and sleepers when she was born. I have clothing up to 3T already lol and probably the bulk of my stuff is 0-3 and 3 months but I'm resisting buying more clothing because some outfits she's only worn once and that makes me feel so wasteful!

April 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't have much. I bought some new 3-6 month and 6-12 from gap a few weeks ago during their 40% sale but honestly most of our clothes are Han me downs or were gifts

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
April 12th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We received a ton of 0-3 and 3-6 stuff, and I had bought some 3-6 stuff on ebay before Aaron was born. Well, now the stinker has grown out of all of it and I need to go grab some long-sleeved 6-9 month stuff just to hold him over for the next 3 weeks or so until he can wear the short-sleeved 6-9 stuff we received!

April 12th, 2013, 07:37 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She has a ton because I received a ton of hand me downs. I'll be broke when I need to buy cute girl clothes in the larger sizes.

April 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's weird because I know I had a crap ton of clothes for him but I'm not sure where they all are, lol. I know I didn't have many in size NB; I guess most of them must've been 3-6 months and he isn't fitting into that too well yet so I must've put them away somewhere. We do have tons of onesies, really cute ones, but a lot of them are long sleeved and it's too hot for that here now. I've been shopping a bit though, and it's sooooo fun. I'm ready to dress him like a little man, which my mom hates, lol. She thinks babies should be dressed like babies for the first two years of their lives, which means lots of sleepers and bubble outfits and smocked suits. Yesterday I put him in a tiny white polo onesie and navy shorts and omg I could've died of the cuteness.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search