Hair Loss

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine just started in the past week. Ugh. I hate it. I'm worried because I felt like my hair was falling out too much before I got pregnant so now I'm wondering if it will go back to that or if it will just fall out for a couple of weeks and then get back to normal this time.

May 6th, 2013, 07:46 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just noticed that recently too! Weird! Good to know its normal!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

May 13th, 2013, 01:07 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I hope i'm at the peak of my hair loss because it is falling out in handfuls right now and is all over the place and is grossing me out!! When does postpardum hair loss usually end?

May 13th, 2013, 01:30 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^ Mine was in fistfuls too. Really started to freak me out. I feel like mine went on for like 6-7 weeks and it's just recently started to calm down. Still falling out and sometimes a lot, but not as many huge clumps. From what I've heard it can really vary how long the hair loss goes on for.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
May 19th, 2013, 06:50 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when I had my first, Xavier, I honestly thought I was going to go bald....I have pix but its soo bad I don't wanna post them. I am actually starting to go through it again...its bad. I hate it...its all in the front too. my hair is soo thin and just keeps getting thinner. actually ill post pix of it tomorrow of how bad it got with my first, I hope to goodness it doesn't get that bad again.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 20th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Luckily I have insanely thick hair, so I'm not seeing any baldness. It's not over yet though! I still can't believe how bad it is.

May 20th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Super Mommy
Ok so I finally get to join the club!! Everytime I have been going to get my hair done my hair dresser is keeps commenting on me not losing any hair or anything. Well this weekend it changed and now coming out in clumps. oh what fun DH will have cleaning the drain in the shower!

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

May 20th, 2013, 06:02 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Luckily I have insanely thick hair, so I'm not seeing any baldness. It's not over yet though! I still can't believe how bad it is.
No baldness here either....yet. But it's falling out like crazy. When I take a shower my fingers literally get tangled in all the hair that falls out. When I'm done it seriously looks like I've shed a small animal!

May 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still shedding here, although it seems to be getting a bit less now...it is still coming out. Been going on for over a month now. Not cool!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
May 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
Yes I been shedding too!!! I'm so mad because when I was pregnant my hair was getting thicker and longer.

May 21st, 2013, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Clumps and clumps. It really bothers me and I hope it doesn't last much longer.

May 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM
How long does pp hair loss usually last? Till we've got none left? I'm sick of running my fingers through my hair in the shower and pulling out clumps!

May 21st, 2013, 07:10 AM
It's always lasted a couple months for me :-/

May 21st, 2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
It's always lasted a couple months for me :-/
Nooooooooo!!

PS - Tyra - it makes me giggle because your ticker says you're nearly 58 weeks pregnant.

May 22nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post

Nooooooooo!!

PS - Tyra - it makes me giggle because your ticker says you're nearly 58 weeks pregnant.
LMBO!! I can't see sigs on my iPad and its obvious I never get on the iMac. Maybe I'll hop on it in a few and fix that!!!

May 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep, the hormonal shift is around 3-4 months PP.

I actually had a patient call in a few weeks ago because she was 3 months PP and was having the same issue. While I was explaining this to her I was thinking "hmm... my hair hasn't started falling out yet, maybe I'll skip that part." and sure enough, a few weeks later, it started coming out like crazy!

Like Meg, I have a ton of hair anyway, so it's ok, but my brush gets SO much hair in it, and I hate pulling the hair globs out of brushes. *gag*

And just this morning... I was peeling hair off my skin... It just felt like it was clinging all over me. Yuck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search