Hair Loss

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else experiencing it? I've heard after havin a baby you can lose hair but I figured since it haven't happened yet I was in the clear. For the past two weeks after I shower I am losing a ton of hair. It's insane and like coming out in clumps. It started after my period ended which was also when I got my hair colored, but I can't imagine it's from that because I've never had issues gettin my hair dyed before and I go darker not lighter so no bleach and stuff.

What gives?! I'm hoping it stops soon because I would prefer not going bald!

April 14th, 2013, 07:46 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was actually just noticing this over the past week or so. But with me, it isn't just after I shower. Its like all the time. Ive been finding my hairs everywhere! All over my pillow case, on my sheets, on my clothes, I even have been finding my hairs on Joshua! I was wondering what is going on, I hope im not going bald!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
April 14th, 2013, 08:04 PM
I was just about to post the same complaint, huge chunks all the time. Its everywhere in our house, I cant figure out a way to contain it!
April 14th, 2013, 10:14 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
It's supposed to begin around 3 months and yep, it's happening here!! I'm actually ok with it because I have ridiculous amounts of hair and haven't had time to get it cut and thinned out, so this is helping!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Lol that's one way to look on the positive side Meg!

Also I'm relieved to know I'm not alone. Why does not start till 3 months?

Actually the more I think about it, I can put my hair into a ponytail and loose a lot of hair. My brush is insane right now! I'm sweeping the bathroom floor like every day it's really just blech!

April 15th, 2013, 03:32 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I think I read that around 3 months is when your hormones start to level out. I just can't believe how much is falling out when I shower!!

April 15th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think a lot of it is all the extra hair that didn't fall out while we were pregnant. Mine isn't too bad yet and I'm hoping it will stay that way.

April 15th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep finding my hair everywhere too, I just thought I was going through a natural hair cycle shed stage, I know once or twice a year I always have a period of time where I shed more than usual like during the season change.
April 15th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I've never noticed this in myself, but I remember many girls from my old DDC complaining if hair loss after giving birth. What a strange phenomenon. I wonder what causes it?
April 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I actually had this about a month out! It was nuts how much hair I was losing! It stopped after a couple weeks, but I hope it doesnt start again!
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 15th, 2013, 08:12 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, happened to me after my son, but mine was maybe more like 4 months out? I know it was after a lot of the other DDC gals. It's from the pregnancy hormones finally leaving your body, it can affect milk production also.

I remember that when the hair that fell out started growing back, I had this one spot right on my part that just stuck straight out from my head no matter what I did. It sucks that now that that section is FINALLY blended in with the rest of my hair, it's going to happen all over again.

April 15th, 2013, 08:40 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I'm having it like crazy! I'm also on Paragard and read that it can be caused by the copper.

April 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Yep I've noticed it the past week or so. When I wash my hair I get huge clumps of hair out and then during the day I find hairs all over my shirt and Marshall.

I hope it stops soon becuase I noticed my hair is looking thinner where I part it at
April 15th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah I'm worried that I'll start getting patches. Luckily my hair is thick to begin with so I don't think it is that noticable (I hope)

April 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup mine just started recently too, I thought it was because I gave up completely on breastfeeding recently. I have short hair though so it's not too unbearable lol.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

April 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had this happen after both my older girls, but haven't noticed it yet this time around. I cut all my hair to chin length about 2 months ago so not sure if that could affect it or not.

April 16th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Veteran
Mine started a few weeks ago. Happened with my first as well. this time i wasnt so freaked out. With my daughter i was so scared i would go bald. Hope it does stop though with her it stopped when she turned 1.
May 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I asked about this to my hair consultant that is hair fall is normal after having a child. He said that it depends on health. I was loosing hair and he suggested to take minoxidil 20 to stop hair fall. Last 3 months ago I started taking it and I saw that the hair fall is decrease than previous. And has no side effects like scale etc on head.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Last edited by AnnaTaylor56; May 6th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
May 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the tip! I've actually since found out I have a thyroid issue and am on meds for it. One of the effects of having hypo thyroid ism is hair loss so I'm hoping these meds I'm in will help.

May 5th, 2013, 05:21 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having this issue too. I actually clogged my shower drain because of it...not kidding. I had the same issue after having Madison and it eventually went away. I never lost enough for it to actually be noticeable. It is annoying none the less.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search