Log In Sign Up

Bathing Suit


Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
April 15th, 2013, 05:51 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
Hey Mommas

I don't know if anyone else is struggling with this, but I have been having serious swim suit issues. If I had it my way I would not wear a swim suit for another 6 months at least, but unfortunately I have no choice because we are going on vacation in a month. Not that I'm not thankful to go on vacay, but I'd like to swim too and wear something my baby won't pull down lol.

I got really big at the end of my pregnancy. I mean this big:


photo (35)

The aftermath seriously looks like a beagles face. I'm so stretchy and doughy you could make a pizza outta me. And my black line is HORRIBLE! So finding a swim suit that goes long enough, sucks me in without me looking pregnant has been close to impossible.

Anyway I've tried about 30 suits and had some lows, but I finally found one and I thought I'd pass it along in case any of you are in a similar situation or starting to think about the swim season.

I got it at Dillards (it's a department store) and it's by Alex Marie. I love it because I feel like it isn't matronly, it has a panel under the ruffles so it smooths the pooch.

Here's the under portion:


Untitled

(I'm also wearing maternity bottoms because they go up higher and hold in the extra skin that hangs down. It's real sexy.


Untitled

The suit (ignore my thighs bleh whatever work in progress)


Untitled

from the side I don't look pregnant.

Anyway I feel really happy to have found something that works and I thought if any of you ladies are having similar problem spots that I would pass it along!

For anyone who has been looking at swim suits, what do you suggest for bottoms? My maternity ones are fine, but I'd like to get out of them but all of the bottoms are too low with my tummy skin!
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
April 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,744
TFS! It looks great On you. I'm glad you found something that works.

The thing that works for me is avoiding bathing suits like the plague.

I wish I was kidding The only time I've worn a bathing suit since having my first daughter is on our trip to Disney last fall- and I was pregnsnt do I didn't mind wearing a suit bc I could justify my big tummy.

It really does look great on you though. You've reminded me that I need to make it a priority to get out and shop for a suit. I owe it to my girls, I want to get into the pool with them!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
April 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadieBug View Post
TFS! It looks great On you. I'm glad you found something that works.

The thing that works for me is avoiding bathing suits like the plague.

I wish I was kidding The only time I've worn a bathing suit since having my first daughter is on our trip to Disney last fall- and I was pregnsnt do I didn't mind wearing a suit bc I could justify my big tummy.

It really does look great on you though. You've reminded me that I need to make it a priority to get out and shop for a suit. I owe it to my girls, I want to get into the pool with them!
I think we all probably feel like we look worse than we do. I agree, I want to get in the pool with Vivi and swim and stuff, I don't want to be stuck on the sidelines. I also don't want her to catch on that mommy doesn't like the way she looks so I've spent a lot of time to find the right suit that doesn't make me feel like a beached whale. I find the biggest problem is length. I have that flap of skin plus the line so I cannot have a suit that shows ANY tummy but one pieces make me look pregnant. I'm thinking of getting some Victoria's Secret bottoms that have a higher rise when I hopefully tighten up my tummy and thighs because they tend to be cheaper.

Anyway I hope you find a good suit in the future! You deserve to have fun in the sun too!
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
April 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,110
You look great girl!! I mean that! Gosh I wish I looked half as good as you do, lol. I LOVE that suit though. I may look into getting one if I can find one like it. Your post really makes me feel motivated to keep working hard at getting back into shape.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #5  
April 15th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
You look great girl!! I mean that! Gosh I wish I looked half as good as you do, lol. I LOVE that suit though. I may look into getting one if I can find one like it. Your post really makes me feel motivated to keep working hard at getting back into shape.
Thanks for saying that. I'm having a really hard time with body image and things are totally out of place, my stomach is insane, it's been difficult. But I'm trying to dress the body I have now as the longer top, tummy panel, and ruffles really help and it makes me feel better because I was feeling really worried about the summer. Now I'm feeling a bit more excited about working out and toning up. I really want to become a healthier and more fit me, even more so than pre pregnancy.

Also you can totally do it and get in shape. I've started with just trying to eat a little heathier every day and walk. It's not much but it's a start!
missadie222 likes this.
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; April 15th, 2013 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
April 15th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,110
I'm exercising 3-5 times per week, but usually at least 2 days of it is strength training so that takes a while to pay off. My problem right now is oreos, lol! I found out they don't have dairy and so I got some, and omg. I can't quit eating them. I didn't even LIKE them until I discovered the double stuff ones. *sigh* I also probably need to cut out the beer and wine that I have a few times a week (never more than a couple glasses at once, but still, the calories really add up with alcohol) but ugh I look forward to that end of the night relaxing time soooo much. I started back with counting calories again because that way I can at least have some of the unhealthy t hings I want and it won't affect weight loss.

Tonight we had baked crab cakes and a spinach salad with tomatoes and fresh snap peas for dinner and it was SOOO good. It does feel amazing to eat healthy, that's for sure!
MammaWannaBe and missadie222 like this.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #7  
April 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
I'm exercising 3-5 times per week, but usually at least 2 days of it is strength training so that takes a while to pay off. My problem right now is oreos, lol! I found out they don't have dairy and so I got some, and omg. I can't quit eating them. I didn't even LIKE them until I discovered the double stuff ones. *sigh* I also probably need to cut out the beer and wine that I have a few times a week (never more than a couple glasses at once, but still, the calories really add up with alcohol) but ugh I look forward to that end of the night relaxing time soooo much. I started back with counting calories again because that way I can at least have some of the unhealthy t hings I want and it won't affect weight loss.

Tonight we had baked crab cakes and a spinach salad with tomatoes and fresh snap peas for dinner and it was SOOO good. It does feel amazing to eat healthy, that's for sure!
I loveeee double stuffed Oreos. I'm trying to eat healthy by planning meals and not denying myself sugar but finding healthier ways to have it. Like Luna bars have chocolate but it's not as bad for you as say a king sized portion of Reece's. we're also not eating out a lot which is helping me control my portions and what goes into my food. Also I am loving these really easy oatmeal banana muffins for breakfast (no flour no added sugar) and I love either these smart bagels with sundried tomato paste and reduced fat motz, pop it in the toaster oven and you have healthy sort of big bagel bites or sliced tomato, motz, half an avocado and some olive oil.

Kudos to you for working out. I need to get back into that. I was goin to join a gym but hurting my wrist really deterred that and I probably won't really be able to use a gym for another few weeks. Also I need to get comfortable leaving Vivi there
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
April 16th, 2013, 04:40 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas!
Posts: 346
JCPenny has a lot of long two piece tops. I'm actually comfortable enough to have bough a bikini for our upcoming trip. I've been blessed with no extra skin. I do still have a bit of a black line though, but I don't care. I was so thrilled because I found a suit there that wasn't a tie behind the neck, but more like a low cut sports-bra. I hate tie behind the neck, and figure with LO tugging, this one is safer.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
April 16th, 2013, 04:42 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
That's a good idea too. I tried on a few that were more of bra straps but I have such broad shoulders that they never look good on me. Penny's is a good suggestion!
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
April 16th, 2013, 05:56 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: GRMI
Posts: 3,484
I was lucky enough to have no stretch marks or excessive amounts of skin, but i am squishy and still have a pretty dark line which makes me uncomfortable enough to skip the two piece this year!

I ended up ordering this suit from target:
http://www.target.com/p/clean-water-...age.vertical_1

The retro style is just my type and i love the lavendar color. It just came in the mail yesterday so i haven't gotten a chance to try it on yet. Hopefully i love it as much on as i do looking at it!
MammaWannaBe and missadie222 like this.
__________________


Last edited by mal91011; April 16th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
April 16th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,135
that bathing suit it amazing! I was looking at bathing suits really fast at the store the other day and held up the 5XL grandma dress type bathing suit and made a kissie noise at DH and said ''ehh whada ya think? sexy right?" and did the eye brow lift even though I was being funny on the outside, inside I was crying because I know that's the only thing i'd be able to pull of right now..Le sigh.....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
April 16th, 2013, 07:39 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,164
I love it and you look GREAT!!
MammaWannaBe likes this.
__________________




"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
Reply With Quote
  #13  
April 16th, 2013, 08:05 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,806
I am seriously considering this on http://www.hsn.com/products/miracles...a-001b2166becc

I have not purchased a new swimswuit in a few years and believe with the amount of time this year we plan on being around water it would be a good investment.
MammaWannaBe likes this.
__________________









Reply With Quote
  #14  
April 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 424
hah!! THat "make a pizza outta me" comment is spot on for me too! Ugghhh! I ran 3-4 days a week thru my whole pregnancy until week 35. Little did I know how hard it would be to start doing that again. Birth complication that causes less continence ( and NOT pee) DOES NOT HELP. So I've gone running maybe 9 times since Utah's birth.

And I try to do my pushups. But the jelly belly! When will it end? I only gained 30 pounds during pregs and I STILL have that last 10 to lose!!!! AND I'm breastfeeding.

BTW. I think that breastfeeding - lose weight thing is all a gimmick. It is TOTALLY NOT THE CASE for me or my sis. We both have 10 pounds on our prepregnancy weights and I feel like I'm exercising JUST as much what with lugging carriers around and holding my baby constantly. WHat the heck.

Your suit is totally cute! I love it. I decided to nix the bikini this year too. Not with that doughy belly of mine, it's so awful. Last night after eating I looked down and I have a full on buddha belly. There's so much extra thick gobby skin! I was SO in shape even WHEN I was pregnant, so this is lame brain! Finding time to run is nearly impossible. I still have to get a jogging stroller hopefully that will help.

I'm trying to come to peace with it because that dang little belly means I produced a freaking human being. Not too many buff dudes can say that
__________________

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

Reply With Quote
  #15  
April 16th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,110
I have heard many women say that they hung on to that last 10 lbs or so until they finished bfing.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #16  
April 16th, 2013, 12:25 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Sue8 View Post
that bathing suit it amazing! I was looking at bathing suits really fast at the store the other day and held up the 5XL grandma dress type bathing suit and made a kissie noise at DH and said ''ehh whada ya think? sexy right?" and did the eye brow lift even though I was being funny on the outside, inside I was crying because I know that's the only thing i'd be able to pull of right now..Le sigh.....
No don't get the granny suit! Resist! I actually find I look more pregnant in a one piece. Doesn't matter rouched it is. I'm telling you, a mid rise bottom and a longer tankini top is a godsend. Don't give up mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missadie222 View Post
hah!! THat "make a pizza outta me" comment is spot on for me too! Ugghhh! I ran 3-4 days a week thru my whole pregnancy until week 35. Little did I know how hard it would be to start doing that again. Birth complication that causes less continence ( and NOT pee) DOES NOT HELP. So I've gone running maybe 9 times since Utah's birth.

And I try to do my pushups. But the jelly belly! When will it end? I only gained 30 pounds during pregs and I STILL have that last 10 to lose!!!! AND I'm breastfeeding.

BTW. I think that breastfeeding - lose weight thing is all a gimmick. It is TOTALLY NOT THE CASE for me or my sis. We both have 10 pounds on our prepregnancy weights and I feel like I'm exercising JUST as much what with lugging carriers around and holding my baby constantly. WHat the heck.

Your suit is totally cute! I love it. I decided to nix the bikini this year too. Not with that doughy belly of mine, it's so awful. Last night after eating I looked down and I have a full on buddha belly. There's so much extra thick gobby skin! I was SO in shape even WHEN I was pregnant, so this is lame brain! Finding time to run is nearly impossible. I still have to get a jogging stroller hopefully that will help.

I'm trying to come to peace with it because that dang little belly means I produced a freaking human being. Not too many buff dudes can say that
I try to remember that too. That what we did was amazing and it's worth the body changes, but it is hard to stomach (no pun intended) sometimes. It's really the skin that gets me and is the hardest to deal with. I really don't think some of mine will go back.

I actually was so afraid that since I couldn't BF and stopped pumping that I would just get fatter, but I swear I lost a ton of weight at like the 2-3 week mark when all that water weight came off, but I've still been hanging on to stubborn weight.

Jules_loves_beaches put it best. 9 Months up 9 Months down. The fact that you've even attempted to run again is pretty dang impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WENDYLL22 View Post
I am seriously considering this on http://www.hsn.com/products/miracles...a-001b2166becc

I have not purchased a new swimswuit in a few years and believe with the amount of time this year we plan on being around water it would be a good investment.
That's super cute. I just cannot do the one pieces for the life of me. My stomach is too goofy and having tried on a few I know I cannot pull off anything other than a flowy tankini but if you get it let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
I was lucky enough to have no stretch marks or excessive amounts of skin, but i am squishy and still have a pretty dark line which makes me uncomfortable enough to skip the two piece this year!

I ended up ordering this suit from target:
http://www.target.com/p/clean-water-...age.vertical_1

The retro style is just my type and i love the lavendar color. It just came in the mail yesterday so i haven't gotten a chance to try it on yet. Hopefully i love it as much on as i do looking at it!
Let us know how it fits girl!
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
April 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,105
I dont have too much extra skin ( i do have a little though) and my tummy looked much better after DS1 but I do have an extremely dark line. it wont prevent me from wearing a two piece though, after DS1 most people thought the line was a scar and that doesnt bother me. I dont know how often ill be in a suit though because summers here are SOOOOO HOT!!!! by july I feel like it is too hot to even swim

Oh and btw Meredith you look freakin AWESOME in that suit!!!!!! I love it
MammaWannaBe likes this.
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #18  
April 16th, 2013, 03:49 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
Thanks Jenna I really just wanted a suit that I wouldn't dread every time I put it on. I am going to try out our local gym tomorrow and my mom is going to come to spy on the nursery for me. It's a start
nursingmama likes this.
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
April 16th, 2013, 04:56 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 781
Mere, you look great! And I LOVE that suit!!!

Honestly, the bottoms I like best are the ones with the little skirts attached. I hate my thighs (well, my whole body) and those are the only type of bottom I can wear that I feel comfortable enough to even wear a suit.
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #20  
April 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,601
Ill have to look into skirted bottoms. I actually found a really funky tribal looking one by Jessica Simpson but the top sucked.

Also don't say that Steph! You produced 2 gorgeous girls and half those genes are yours so clearly something is working
__________________



Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0