Pee!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 11:59 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey ladies, sorry ive been mia for a while... we found out dh's job is relocating us, so we're getting the house ready to put up for sale (ugh!)

anyway! i have a pee question!

do any of your little ones scream bloody murder at the first drop of urine?

harvey is 3 mo. today, and he hates to be wet sooo much that now he's in hysterics before his diaper's indicator strip has even had a chance to turn colors, lol. but this dude screaming equals urine, 9 times out of 10. i am being a panicky 1st timer that im suspicious that theres a problem, like, maybe it hurts to go?
April 16th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius has no problem being in a pee diaper, I don't think he's ever cried because he has wanted to be changed, we go through about 10 diapers a day.
April 16th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Expecting #1
We have the opposite problem sometimes Ember screams during diaper changes. If she sat in her wet diaper all day she wouldn't care, but when I go to change her she wants noting to do with it. I'm too concerned with diaper rash so she always gets changed right away.

April 16th, 2013, 05:35 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Our LO doesn't cry when she pees, but if her diaper gets really wet she will, and then smiles and laughs when we change her. She loves being changed, I think because we talk to her and she's the center of attention.
April 16th, 2013, 07:34 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Only during changing, like Julie's Ember. He doesn't care about a wet diaper at all.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 16th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy doesn't seem phased by wet dipes. If she goes #2 and I don't notice right away, she'll sometimes act a little fussy any uncomfortable.
I'd maybe bring it up to the dr, just in care there is something more to it.
April 16th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln is like some of the others. He doesn't cry when he pees but he really doesn't like a wet diaper. But, my mom is always talking about how my brother would cry the minute he peed and how he couldn't stand a wet diaper AT ALL. Not even for a second. She always said she went through soooooo many diapers with him because of it.

April 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm, I remember my son being like that very early on, but I can't remember when he grew out of it.

April 16th, 2013, 04:53 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son HATES a wet or dirty diaper and will throw a fit until you change it but he doesnt cry when he is peeing, just afterwards. He probably just doesnt like being wet (which hopefully means easy potty training for you when the time comes) but I would mention it to his pediatrician just in case he is having any pain with urination

April 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with the others... I would at least mention it to the DR.

My ODD had her first UTI before she was 1 YO. We were in the hospital last week with her 2nd pseudomonas (a bad bug) UTI, and she has had more "normal" bacteria UTIs than I can keep track of. We found out in the hospital this last time that she has some reflux issues with one of her kidneys.

Not saying that what's going on is that drastic, but if there IS an issue, the sooner you find out the better.

April 16th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kingston loves getting his diaper changed. It's when we get the most smiles out of him! Not sure if it's because he's naked or he just likes to be clean but it's the cutest thing... However he doesn't seem to like it as much in the middle of the night. He usually screams his head off. Maybe look down there to see if it's red or irritated ..just to make sure. Otherwise I have heard it is fairly common for them to really dislike being wet and demand a diaper change!

April 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have any advice about the pee thing (other than it wouldn't hurt to ask the pedi) but I'm so saddened by the fact that you have to leave your awesome Batman nursery Do you have to paint over it when you leave?

April 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would think if he is crying while peeing that might be a sign that something might be going on there. Maybe a UTI? I would mention it to the pedi!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
April 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
update: ive been keeping a closer eye- ive come to the conclusion that it is just a strong reaction to being wet. ill still ask the doc at his next appt, but inthink he just hates moist diapers. who wouldnt!

....i dont want to paint over the nursery, so i wont! lucky for me, most of the hard work was done on canvases that can come with me wherever we end up. i am only leaving the batsignal painting behind. i keep trying to be positive and taking the stance that his next nursery will be even better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search