Feelings about your LO's name

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Now that we've had a few months to get to know our babies, does his/her name fit them?

Do you ever have moments of namers remorse, or feeling like you should have chosen a different name on your list?
April 16th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
I love her name and dont want to change it, but I am still having that internal fight on spelling lol. Since I found out she was a girl I was going back and forth between Alayna and Alaina, I kinda still am.

April 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I LOVE the name Maxwell and the nn Max, but for some reason i have a hard time saying Max and often call him Mac, which i hate!

April 16th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still love the name Julius, he has so many nicknames. My mom calls him Jules, I call him Juli and Jude, I just don't like when DH and everyone else in Germany says his name because the J is silent so he's You-lius.
April 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I love Sophia's name we still haven't used the nickname "Sophie" yet......

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
April 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are still happy with "Latham"...

April 16th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Expecting #1
We still love Ember, but I feel bad when I have to correct people...
"Oh what is her name."
"Its Ember."
"Oh Amber, you are a cutie."
"No, its Ember with an E."

I do that a lot! I knew we would have to correct people so I REALLY try to emphasize the E. LOL
MammaWannaBe likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love his name and I'm so glad we chose it. For whatever reason, I just feel like it really fits him. I do mostly call him Lincoln though, instead of Linc, which is weird because I like to shorten names.

April 16th, 2013, 11:38 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I like Ember. It's so different.

Anyways, we love Evan. We struggled finding a name up to his birth because we wanted an A or T name, our first name initials. I was looking through the baby book and stopped in the E's and really liked Evan. Glad I didn't settle with Tristian, definitly wasn't happy with that.

April 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
We picked "Zoey" and had a lot of heartburn using the "y" as it is technically misspelled, but we didn't want it to look like "Joe" with a "z."

Now that she is here, I am SOOO glad we went with the "Y!" It looks and feels right. The name if fun, and zaney, and she is a happy-go-lucky goof-ball, so it's perfect!
April 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still like Taylor a alot, and it fits her really well! I am having trouble with a nickname, I keep saying Tay or Tay-Tay and I just think it sounds dumb. So I'm trying to make myself stick with just T or T baby. And she gets called sister a lot too

April 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches View Post
We still love Ember, but I feel bad when I have to correct people...
"Oh what is her name."
"Its Ember."
"Oh Amber, you are a cutie."
"No, its Ember with an E."

I do that a lot! I knew we would have to correct people so I REALLY try to emphasize the E. LOL
We have a similar issue. "It's Vivienne" ohhh "Vivian" no "Vivi-EHN". It's hard for people to hear the difference but it drives me nuts!

Sometimes I feel bad that I gave her a name that she is going to have to forever correct people about, but she is just such a Vivi and I think it's the cutest little nickname. Sometimes I think about different names and have even tried calling her other names on our list and they never sound right. I do think for a second I'd like to at least try and wait till we meet him or her to name him or her. I sometimes wonder if we had done that if we would have gone with a different name, but I still don't think so.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
April 16th, 2013, 03:29 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the name Felix and am most definitely happy with it. i feel like both my boys have names that fit them really well. I am ALWAYS calling him Leo though lol he looks so much like his older brother did as a baby that I will refer to him as Leo without even thinking

April 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I like Lauryn, and I think the name does fit her well.

I struggled with her name a lot before she was born... Mainly because my brother was going to be Loren if he were a girl, since my dad's middle name was Lorne. I didn't want my mom thinking I did it because of that or to have the negative feelings (me and my mom don't have a relationship anymore) associated with it for her whole life. I think her spelling puts her own twist on it, so I'm fine with it now.

Plus, now that everyone acknowledges her as Lauryn and not "the baby" it makes it more real and more her.

But we still call her "Stinker" most of the time, Payge calls her "Sissy", and my MIL calls her "Kiwi."

April 16th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still love our sons name ~Kingston~ ...it does fit him well and it will be interesting to see him grow into it as the years go on. The only thing I didn't expect and do not like is the fact that EVERYONE keeps asking "well what is his nickname?" .."what are you going to call him for short?"... our neighbor even said "oh are you going to call him Kingy" lol...um NO... my DH and I feel like if we wanted him to have a 'nickname' we would have just named him that!!! So ...that's the only annoying thing....he doesn't have nickname and we like it that way

* I should have said that in a better way, after reading it, it came off as if I don't like nicknames at all. That's not the case it's just that his name doesn't have a shortened version and were ok with that. It doesn't mean we don't have our own nicknames for him because we do and I'm sure his friends will have plenty for him as he gets older too!

Last edited by Hoping4bby; April 23rd, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
April 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
We love Elijah's name- you just look at him and see it was made for him. We mostly call him Eli. His nickname, since he's such a chubby guy is Bubba or DD calls him Chubbo Bubbo.

April 16th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I still like his name but at times I don't feel like it suits him. A few times I've caught myself wishing we had named him Charlie but idk if he really looks like a 'Charlie' either. MOST of the time 'Marshall' fits him though. I think because we didn't chose until the day we came home that we're still trying to get used to it or something.
April 17th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
We have a similar issue. "It's Vivienne" ohhh "Vivian" no "Vivi-EHN". It's hard for people to hear the difference but it drives me nuts!

Sometimes I feel bad that I gave her a name that she is going to have to forever correct people about, but she is just such a Vivi and I think it's the cutest little nickname. Sometimes I think about different names and have even tried calling her other names on our list and they never sound right. I do think for a second I'd like to at least try and wait till we meet him or her to name him or her. I sometimes wonder if we had done that if we would have gone with a different name, but I still don't think so.
We were going to wait until we met Ember to see which name on our list fit the best, but we just fell in love with Ember and all the nicknames we could use. Plus, I wanted to get some monogrammed stuff for her nursery and clothes so I didnt want to wait. LOL.

Even though we chose names that our LOs may have to correct people with, they are unique and I think they fit the babies. I haven't met Vivi in person, but she sure seems like a Vivienne. Plus, I have a feeling she is going to go by Vivi or Viv. That is what is great about the name you chose, its beautiful in its own right, but has super cute shorter versions as well
mommysc2 likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Mykelti's name. Its gotten 95% positive reviews. The other 5% hate it.

But it suits him.

The only name I regret is ODDs, it doesnt suit her at all.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
April 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like dexters name. I usual call him dex or dexy. I was having second thoughts the first few weeks. We were planning on calling him Zachary up until the delivery so it took my awhile to adjust to the name change

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search