Get your hands off my baby!!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Why oh why do people feel the need to "touch" my baby!! I feel like I went through this when I was pregnant and everyone touched my belly!!

Sophia was pretty much sheltered in out home for the entire winter, only left for the Pedi's office and a few family members home. We are in NJ and the winter was bad as well as the flu epidemic here. Anyway, now that the weather is getting nicer I have been slowly taking her out. We live 3 houses away from DS school so this week I have just been holding her when I pick him up and EVERYONE feels the need to touch her, esp her hands!!! OMG, do you not know that babies put their hands in their mouths!!! They act like they never seen a baby before.....I mean I know she's cute but come on!!! You can look but please don't touch!!!!!

UGH!!!!! Sorry, had to vent!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
April 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally understand you! I was just thinking this on Sunday, I was at DHs soccer game and all the girlfriends, wives and children were touching Julius and grabbing his hands, I washed his hands right when I got in the car with baby wash clothes. DH thinks i'm crazy and that i'm ruining his immune system by not letting him build his own immunities. As of right now I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to illness.
April 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I totally feel the same way! People probably think Im an evil mommy because when I pick up the kids from school, I completely shelter him with both the stroller canopy fully extended and the carseat carrier canopy fully extended as well, so you can only see him through the window of my stroller. So when people ask to see him, I tell them to look through my window because he is napping (even when he isn't) lol. I WOULD NEVER touch a baby, especially this young, unless I wash my hands first. In fact, I wash my hands so much that my knuckles are cracking and bleeding lately. I just don't understand people.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
April 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's really annoying. I think that people just forget how sensitive babies systems are. I actually haven't had that issue as much, I find that wearing her people are a lot less likely to touch her. More often than not people will touch her hair or her feet, which I don't mind that much. I think strangers and the face or something would really bug me though.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
April 17th, 2013, 01:54 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ugh. I am so lucky that people really haven't done much touching of Scooter. Maybe I have a permanent "look" on my face that says "don't you even think about it"

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 17th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
One time I was at the grocery store and this grandpa came up to me and held Julius' head and asked me how old he was and told me to support his head and wouldn't let go of him until I held his head. I just kinda smiled and stepped away, but I was thinking eeee get away creepo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search