Pulling head/neck up from reclined postiton

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 10:56 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I have Latham sitting him his swing, carseat or even back in the Boppy he has started pulling his neck and head up to try to sit up. I feel like I have to worry over this like his neck still isn't strong enough. I guess I am being paranoid? He still has a slight bobble when I hold him. Anyone else's tot doing this?

April 19th, 2013, 11:06 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Max tries to sit up too, but he doesn't get much farther than lifting his head up a bit. He seriously hates being a baby and wants to be able to see everything.

April 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Yep! Sophia does this. She also throws herself back if she is mad at something

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
April 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea! Latham is trying to hard to be more mobile...he can sit very well if a boppy is around him on our bed. I was beginning to think I might get him some sort of exersaucer to sit in and maybe it might help more with his balance.

April 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Daycare puts him in the exersaucer and he loves it. Hes so crazy strong already! It's so cute because he gets so frustrated not being able to do what he wants to do. He'd be walking next week if it were up to him!!

April 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep! We got rid of our swing about 1 1/2mths ago because he would lean forward and toward the side which didn't seem safe to me even buckled in. Then the past couple weeks I have to keep my hand around his belly if he's sitting back in my arm because he pulls himself up.

Marshall loves the exersaucer too!
April 19th, 2013, 01:11 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Bax just started showing signs of being interested in lifting his head. He's still got a bobble head, though, so I know he's not ready yet but he is starting to try!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 19th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Expecting #1
Ember has crazy strong head control. I thought it was just normal, but have heard quite a few comments about her head control from other people with babies. There are 4 babies younger (3 were born the day after she was) at daycare and she has much stronger head control than all 4 of them. You can also tell she just wants to start crawling. She sits up on the couch or boppy and can sit for a few seconds before falling forward. Some babies just develop that strength a little sooner. I bet Latham will be sitting by himself soon.

April 19th, 2013, 02:41 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Eli loves doing this- he started doing this about a month ago (but remember he was a month early). He also loves standing! His leg muscles are incredible. We hold him up to stand and he squeals with delight. We put him in his jumperoo starting about 3 weeks ago and he adores it. We have it on the lowest setting and his little feet don't reach the ground yet though so we have a pillow under it to help him out.

April 19th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kingston has just started doing this too. I pull his hands/arms and he lifts his whole body up like he's doing a sit up and he's starting to roll over more frequently now too! Every day it's something new!

April 20th, 2013, 12:03 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Lauryn does this too. And she is still also a bit bobbly. I'm going to have to look into the age range for our jumperoo. Payge LOVED it.

April 20th, 2013, 12:20 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes!! Mollie just started this and does it constantly now!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

April 20th, 2013, 10:35 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep! Felix has been doing this for about two weeks. He wont keep his head down, he is always pushing it forward to look around, especially when in his carseat. He has even started to use his arms to push his body forward. Clever babies

April 21st, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius has been doing that too, He's too big for me to hold him while he's drinking his bottle so I put him in my lap while I sit indian style and if he doesn't get the bottle right away he starts trying to sit up, he's still a bobble head but he loves sitting up, and if I hold his hands he tries to pull himself up into a sitting position.
April 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Clairre does the same thing. She is not the kind of baby who likes to lay down. She just started sitting in an upright play seat this week and is using the Bumbo. Her head is mostly not bobbly anymore. All my kids always had good head control early.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

April 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, Taylor can't stand it if she can't see what brother is doing! Her head control is just insane. She likes to sit in her bumbo while we build with blocks. Then Sean can give her a toy to try to hold and I can more easily split my attention between them at least for short periods. It's so much fun to see them interacting more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search