Is it weird...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By nursingmama
  • 2 Post By mommysc2
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 07:44 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
...that Vivi has been eating 4 1/2 ounces for like 6-8 weeks and almost every 2 hours on the dot? I know she doesn't want more because she sometimes doesn't finish it all and when she does she is content but I sort of thought at this point she might be eating more and less frequently. I was sort of thinking the frequency might have to do with the fact she has her last bottle at 9ish and sleeps till 5:30-7:30 am do maybe she is making up for lost time during the day? Idk. Any other moms going through something similar?

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
April 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No idea really, but I do know that babies who sleep thru the night can make up for it during the day by eating more / more often. I wish Linc would do that, lol. I wouldn't worry about it though, every kid is different and it seems like they end up doing what is most comfortable for them.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

April 20th, 2013, 08:33 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Not sure if this helps or not but Sophia is eating approx. 5 ounces every 3 hours and sleeps through the night.....however she does not always finish her bottle, most of the time she doesn't.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
April 20th, 2013, 09:44 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Felix doesnt sleep through the night (wouldnt that be wonderful lol) but I feel like some weeks he is ALWAYS nursing. He will nurse every hour some days. I think it is indicative of a growth spurt and will probably level out in a few weeks.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 03:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius drinks like that too, he never graduated to the 5 bottles of 6 1/2 oz a day level. He wants his bottles every 2 hours with 4 1/2 oz his last bottle is between 9-10pm and then he wakes up between 4-5 for a bottle but I usually can get 5 1/2 oz in him when he's half asleep but that's the only time he'll drink that much. But I guess it's all the same in the end if he's drinking 5 6 1/2 oz bottles or 7 to8 4 1/2 oz bottles.
April 21st, 2013, 05:39 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Marshall drinks 4-5oz every 2hrs. I wish I could get him on more at a time and less often but oh well. It gets easier once they start eating solids
April 21st, 2013, 06:21 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy doesn't STTN. She eats 4 ounces every 3 hours during the day. I've been experimenting with adding a little rice cereal to her bottle bc she spits up so bad, and when she has that it holds her over a little longer sometimes. But there's really no rhyme or reason to it with Lucy. Every day is different!
April 21st, 2013, 06:32 AM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope. Not weird IMO. Clairre nurses, but usually it is every 2 1/2 hrs or so. At daycare where she has a bottle, she takes 3 1/2-4 oz every 2-2 1/2 hrs. I wish she would eat more and less often, but I guess every baby is different.
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

April 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah Vivi sometimes spits up a lot and I wonder sometimes if that's why she only goes 2 hours between feedings. Does cereal help with that? She's 4 months old in like 2 weeks or so, is it too soon to introduce that?

It's good to hear that most of this is normal. We had just been increasing so quickly I the beginning that it's felt weird to go to a standstill. I wish she would go longer than 2 hours but then again she sleeps through the night so I can't complain!

April 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln did the same thing; in the beginning, the amount he was eating was increasing so rapidly, I thought he'd be eating 7 or 8oz bottles by now! But he really hasn't changed much since he hit 4-5oz per bottle. Then some days he only wants a couple of ounces at a time and he'll just graze all day.

As far as the cereal, I think it's recommended to wait until at least 4 months to start it. We waited until much later than that with the bigger kids, just because the baby cereal has no real nutritional value so I didn't want to be filling their tummies with it. I do feel tempted to see if a bit of it might help Lincoln sleep a little more at night, just because I am SOOO tired and ready for him to sleep a little better. I'll probably wait though; his tummy seems really sensitive so I don't want to upset it. If I give him even 2oz of formula in an entire day of breastmilk, he won't poop for 2 days.

April 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Cereal is not usually recommended until at least 4 months of age and not in a bottle but fed with a spoon. I would not give cereal until your pedi gives you the ok to start. However, some babies with reflux do get cereal in their bottles to help thicken the formula which helps hold the formula down. So, if she has reflux or spits up a lot then I would run it by the pedi before starting. However, all this sounds very normal to me!
joellejello and MammaWannaBe like this.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
April 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah I'm not looking to start cereal, I think we're going to skip cereal all together. I've been doing a lot of reading into Baby Led Weaning and I really like what I've read although I still might mix in some purées as well. I feel like the more educated I'm becoming about the transition to solid foods, the more confident I am in my potential plan. Ok well I'm just going to keep doing the formula thing and see what happens! Try not to stress and all of that!
mommysc2 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Our dr said to add 1tsp cereal per 2oz bottle because Marshall was spitting up sooooo much! I tried it but he wouldn't drink it. He's still sp/itting up but not nearly as bad.

I thought about doing baby led weaning but I know that DH's family would think that meant he could have fries or something so I think purees would be easier. I do think I'll make some of or own foods though.
April 22nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still trying to get Taylor up to 3oz bottles while I'm at work. She's currently doing 2.5 oz bottles and sometimes not finishing them. I'm just happy that she's up to 7.5-9 oz while I'm at work (better than 2-3!) I know she's reverse-cycling, but she still sleeps really well at night, so I worry that she isnt' nursing enough to make up for the oz she should be getting during the day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search