Moving baby to own room?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 08:36 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
This post pushed me to move Clairre to her bedroom last night. We both did sleep better. She loves to lay completely sprawled out, apparently. Lol! She's still up but goes back down pretty quickly. So far, so good...
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

May 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_tops View Post
That is great news! So glad the transition came with some good sleep!

We moved ours to his room last night. He took longer to get to sleep, but then he was fine. I, however, didn't sleep all night, and at 5:30 when I heard him stir I picked him up and brought him to hang out with us. DH said today that he wasn't ready to have the baby so far away and asked if maybe we could bring him back to our room for a little while longer, pretty please? There's plenty of time for independence later, right? It doesn't have to be right now, right? I'm so torn. I want him to get used to his own room while he's still flexible, but I feel so... attached.
It's completely normal for a baby to sleep with his parents. This season in their lives is going to pass so, so quickly; if you want to enjoy the closeness and comfort of having him sleep next to you, then do it! He will be ok and he will eventually learn to sleep on his own.
d_tops likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 07:16 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
We've done four nights so far with Max in his crib. The first night was HORRIBLE. I was in his room every half hour and neither of us slept. But since then it hasn't been so bad. I actually think he likes being in his crib - he was running out of room in his rock n play! He sprawls out and rolls all around his crib. Last night he only fussed once and that was because he wanted his paci back in his mouth.

And when momma is missing him i either stalk him on the video monitor or sneak in and peak at him. As of right now i'm not sleeping any better though - i'm constantly checking on him!

May 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sarah's been sleeping in her swing...in our room. The last two nights I've put her in the bassinet part of the pack n play and pushed it up to our bed. She sleeps ok. Not the best just yet and still has to be swaddled. Though she's able to break free. I guess it's time to either try sleeping without the swaddle or buy a bigger swaddler! LOL

May 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM
I wonder if he's going to grow up always feeling like somebody's watching him...

He may be getting plenty of sleep but momma can't quit checking him every half hr to make sure hes breathing!
joellejello likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM
Dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
I wonder if he's going to grow up always feeling like somebody's watching him...

He may be getting plenty of sleep but momma can't quit checking him every half hr to make sure hes breathing!
Oh man, he is so stinkin' cute in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
It's completely normal for a baby to sleep with his parents. This season in their lives is going to pass so, so quickly; if you want to enjoy the closeness and comfort of having him sleep next to you, then do it! He will be ok and he will eventually learn to sleep on his own.
Yes to this. We do have him in his own room right now, but I'll rock him extra long at night, or bring him to bed in the morning for a cuddle. I keep thinking he will never be this little again, and we want to soak it up while we can.
May 22nd, 2013, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_tops View Post

Oh man, he is so stinkin' cute in there.
Now that he's in his crib he sleep every night with his hands behind his head just chilling out. It cracks me up!
d_tops likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post

I wish Sarah would sleep that nicely!

May 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's hilarious that he sleeps with his hands behind his head like that! lol!

May 22nd, 2013, 05:56 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm way too paranoid to do it yet. My original plan was to do it from the beginning. We had that Tommee Tippee monitor with the movement/breathing sensor pad and it kept going off numerous times per night, even during a time when I watched her belly moving the whole time! I just made me too nervous. So, I got a cosleeper for in our bed, and now she's in the bassinet next to our bed. (With the Snuza )

We'll transition her after she turns 6 months when the SIDS risk goes down. Like I said, I'm paranoid.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search