Moving baby to own room?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 04:48 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone moved their baby yet? I really want to but haven't. I'm so afraid too since my 3 year old will be sharing a room with dexter . We haven't even set up the crib yet. I'm thinking of setting it up this weekend and testing it out . If nothing else maybe he can nap in there? He doesn't like the pack n play in my room so usually co sleeps with me but maybe if he had a nice comfy crib he would sleep in that ? We shall see.

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
April 27th, 2013, 06:47 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yep, Bax has been in his own room in his crib since he was about 5-6 weeks. It was NOT planned that way, we intended to keep him in his bassinet next to our bed until 6 months or until he outgrew it. But he was t sleeping well in it and on a fluke once, DH put him to bed in his crib one night and he slept the best he ever slept! We tried it again the next night, same thing! We figured after watching him in the crib, he wanted a little more room to move than the bassinet allowed. I really wanted him in our room longer but he is sleeping so much better in his own room and therefore, so are we!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet but we are going to soon, maybe in a month or so. Im hesitant to move him too soon because he will be sharing a room with our 23 month old and I dont want them to wake each other up at night. Also we had planned on DS1 being in a toddler bed by now so we havent bought a second crib. Unfortunately Leo will not give up his crib and Im not going to push the issue so we have to buy another crib before Felix leaves our bed.

April 27th, 2013, 12:14 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I've been wanting to for a month now, but the poor kid got over a cold and then immediately got another cold and I wasn't comfortable putting him in his own room that congested. I'm sure I'd be freaking out at every sound he makes and when he's congested he makes lots of them!! Hopefully this week.

April 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She naps there during the day and I've transitioned her to laying down flat in the PNP (she was in a baby seat) so we're moving in that direction but not quite yet. . She's not throwing up anymore and I've turned off the nightlight and stopped waking up to check on her during the night. So all of that is getting ready for her to move to her room for good.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

April 27th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We moved him about a month ago. Like you, I was afraid to at first because he is sharing a room with our 2yr old. I was afraid he'd either try to climb in the crib at night or they'd wake each other. Thankfully he hasn't tried to get in the crib, as soon as DS1 wakes up he comes in our room. Marshall crying at night has woken DS1 up a couple times but not much and he's went straight back to sleep.

We started out doing naps in there for a few days then finally moved him. He sleeps alot better there, I think because he has more room.

April 27th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haven't even thought about it. I have no idea where Lincoln will sleep when we move him out of our room. I either have to convert the guest room or let all 3 kids sleep in the same room. Probably won't happen until he's about a year old.

April 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
She usually slept in the bed with DH and I, but the past week I started putting her down for naps in her crib. She hated the bassinet and REALLY hates the pack n play so I just went straight to the crib. She has been doing really well so I put her in there at bedtime and bring her in my bed when she wakes up, usually around 5am. Been starting the night in her room for 4 days now.

If she had to share her room I would probably postpone putting her in there too. Since she has her own room it works out fine.

April 29th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Dee
Not yet. He's still sleeping in his bassinet in our room. We keep talking about setting up the crib in his room, but he's so teeny he hasn't outgrown the bassinet yet, and we're just not ready. He doesn't really need to be in our room anymore, but I suppose we're going to miss having him there.

We might do it this Saturday, since on Sunday we'll be seeing the people who loaned to bassinet to us and it's a convenient time to return it. So moving him will be purely logistical if it happens this weekend.
April 29th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Super Mommy
Shelby's crib is in our room and she sleeps in it all night. Her room is upstairs and I keep pushing DH to put her bed up there since she has been consistently sleeping through the night. DH says he isnt ready for her to go to her room yet. LOL!

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

April 29th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy is still in her bassinet in our room.
I'd like to move her- DD1 was moved to her own room around 8 weeks, and I credit that to helping her STTN early on.
Lucy will be sharing a room with my older daughter so I'm hesitant to move her in there until she is on a more consistent nighttime-waking schedule. Although I know Lucy and I would both sleep better if we werent in the same room together.
April 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Veteran
I did it one night but I couldnt sleep. I kee getting up to check on him. My 3 yr old little girl sleeps in the same room. Was afraid she would climb in or hurt him. So i will try again but right now he is back in our room in the pack and play. Tomorrow we get our daughters twin size mattress for her bed so it might happen soon. we will see. My husbands wants him out but mommy isnt ready yet.
April 30th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryJo View Post
Shelby's crib is in our room and she sleeps in it all night. Her room is upstairs and I keep pushing DH to put her bed up there since she has been consistently sleeping through the night. DH says he isnt ready for her to go to her room yet. LOL!
That's so sweet! I wish my hubby were like that, lol.

May 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Taylor will be in our room for a while still, at least until my sister and her boys move out towards the end of summer. I am hoping to move her crib to our room to get her at least sleeping in that though.

May 2nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
LO been in his room for over a month now. 1-2 times a week he will sleep in his PnP in our room. His room is right next to ours.

May 2nd, 2013, 08:33 PM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope is still in our room. I have a hard time moving my kids, but really need to do it soon. I don't like were her room is in our house and that is making me not want to move her, but it's time.

May 5th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Update on us. I set up the crib last weekend and the first two nights were pretty rough, but since then dexter has slept great ! Only waking up once most nights around 5 am. Yesterday he slept entirely through the night for the first time! Woohoo. 9 pm to 7:30 am! I love it. He even sometimes naps. In his crib and will usually take pretty good naps. I'm so glad we made the move out of my bed and into his own!

May 6th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Dee
That is great news! So glad the transition came with some good sleep!

We moved ours to his room last night. He took longer to get to sleep, but then he was fine. I, however, didn't sleep all night, and at 5:30 when I heard him stir I picked him up and brought him to hang out with us. DH said today that he wasn't ready to have the baby so far away and asked if maybe we could bring him back to our room for a little while longer, pretty please? There's plenty of time for independence later, right? It doesn't have to be right now, right? I'm so torn. I want him to get used to his own room while he's still flexible, but I feel so... attached.
May 6th, 2013, 02:59 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I failed miserably at transitioning Max into his room this past weekend. Actually, i didn't even attempt - momma wasn't ready!! And we haven't gotten the curtains hung up in there yet. Hopefully we'll do that this week.

May 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Yes it is hard and sad not waking up with him lying next to me throughout the night , but he sleeps so much better without the distractions in our room. Plus now my husband will sleep in the room with me. He sleeps hard and doesn't like to cosleep ( he is afraid of rolling onto the baby at night) so he has moved back into the room. Dexter used to wake up 2-4 times a night but since moving into the other room he only wakes up once a night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search