Infant CPR classes

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Xtapolapocet
  • 1 Post By Lil_Mama2B
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By a1863gal

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Anyone take one before? DH and I are signing up for one at a local hospital. We thought it would be a good thing to know. I looked into classes with the Red cross and they charge 90$ per person!!! so at most hospitals the price is $15-$30 per person if anyone is interested

April 28th, 2013, 11:55 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We didn't but only because we ran out of time. Our hospital offers them for $30 a couple and we will take one at some point. When my MIL was here last time, she did give us the crash course (she's a nurse) in the interim.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 29th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Mama2B View Post
Anyone take one before? DH and I are signing up for one at a local hospital. We thought it would be a good thing to know. I looked into classes with the Red cross and they charge 90$ per person!!! so at most hospitals the price is $15-$30 per person if anyone is interested
As a police officer I was required to be CPR/AED certified (the same for my hubby). We both are schooled in it and have both made sure we're updated on the current guidelines for proper Infant CPR. I would HIGHLY recommend the training for ANY parent and anyone in general. It is so important to have that skill in the event it is required. Regardless of cost...make sure it's an OFFICIAL training course and will yield your certification in it (otherwise the training might not be up-to-date)!
.Nikki. likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would really like to do this, but just haven't yet. i should just hurry and sign up!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

April 30th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtapolapocet View Post
As a police officer I was required to be CPR/AED certified (the same for my hubby). We both are schooled in it and have both made sure we're updated on the current guidelines for proper Infant CPR. I would HIGHLY recommend the training for ANY parent and anyone in general. It is so important to have that skill in the event it is required. Regardless of cost...make sure it's an OFFICIAL training course and will yield your certification in it (otherwise the training might not be up-to-date)!

Good to know! I was actually just looking into a course that had a disclaimer at the bottom stating that the course did not certify you...guess thats what you get for $15 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Nikki. View Post
i would really like to do this, but just haven't yet. i should just hurry and sign up!
Definitley hurry!! I just called to sign up for one and they dont have any open spots for the next 3 months!! I am going to check a few other places but so far this is the only one that gives you certification so we may just have to wait unfortunately. Hopefully you can get in easier!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I used to take the red cross course for my job before becoming a SAHM. Its been about 5 years since my certification... I should probably brush up on the steps a bit.
Xtapolapocet likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Veteran
im an EMT I have the training and it is so nice to have. I believe everyone should have it. You never know when you could save a life. Make sure it is a certified one. That way you will have the proper training. Im also an instructor and it is important to know the correct way to do it.
Xtapolapocet likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM
I had my certification in adult CPR from being a taekwondo instructor. Since I have been taking a bit of a break from that (working too much ) I havnt renewed my certification in a year or two. I have heard they have changed the technique a bit even since then..now that I know a few of you ladies have training is that true? Ive heard its totally different now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search