Rolling?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Lyndsey2013
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 2 Post By Sawyers_Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zayden has not rolled over yet. I am starting to get nervous, but honestly he hates being on his back and cries all the time when he is on his back...so he doesn't get a lot of practice. We also co sleep and he has never woke up on his tummy or anything because I am always right there.

Anyone elses kiddo not rolling yet?

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

April 29th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy isnt quite rolling yet. She is very close but hasnt quite gotten there yet.
I'm not concerned. Although she is almost 5 months, she's more like 3.5 months adjusted, and I've found she is hitting her milestones closer to her adjusted age. She'll get it in due time
April 29th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Dee
J's not rolling either, he's over 4 months now. There are some things he's doing well (bringing a toy in his hand to his mouth), and other things where he's not there (reaching for a toy, rolling). He'll eventually get it, but I'm not worried for right now.

I am working with him on some exercises to get him ready though - in addition to tummy time I also lay him on his side and hold him there or use a rolled towel behind him for support, which gets him prepped to roll. When he's on his back I'll hold his hips and roll him left and right to get him used to the motion. I don't know if it helps, but it gives me ways to play with him, since he's not very interactive in his play yet.
April 29th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Marshall isn't either. He has rolled belly to back a handful of times but nothing consistent.

He has started rolling onto his side when laying on his back so I don't think it'll be too much longer before he goes all the way over.
MammaWannaBe likes this.
April 29th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker hasn't done it either. He gets close but just not quite there. It's likely my fault - we don't do enough tummy time because he hates it, so we'll be upping the tummy time here soon to see if that makes a difference and we can get a few good rolls out of him.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

April 30th, 2013, 07:32 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Taylor's not, but I'm not really concerned. My DS didn't roll til 5.5 months (he was too fat to get over!) and he just took off from there.

April 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Sophia only rolled over once.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
April 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Zoey rolled once, yesterday, and would not repeat it. She doesn't try. She doesnt care. I think she could do it but she is lazy. She knows if she screams, we will help her, so why bother? Haha. I'm not worried. She'll do it when she is ready.
April 30th, 2013, 11:28 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
okay this makes me feel better. since the whole NF thing I am always scared things are delayed but so far he seems to be on time...good. for some reason i though rolling was supposed to be done by 3 months...but the more i read i was wrong. thank goodness! <3

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

April 30th, 2013, 03:24 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The CDC thing I just read says to only be concerned if they aren't rolling by 6 months. Mollie isn't rolling but we don't really give her a chance! Lol

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

May 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Juliana doesn't roll, and I hope she doesn't for awhile! I'm not ready for a mobile baby
d_tops likes this.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
May 2nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vivi just started rolling...sort of. When she's on her back she loves to onto her side and just today is going on her belly, but 90% of the time she gets her left arm stuck and can't figure out how to dislodge and starts to cry so we roll her back.

I think every baby is different. I started to get nervous too until today when, I turned my head, looked back and there she was on her tummy. It was like she was telling me, "mom, it's cool, I'm going to do it on my time table."
d_tops likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
I think every baby is different. I started to get nervous too until today when, I turned my head, looked back and there she was on her tummy. It was like she was telling me, "mom, it's cool, I'm going to do it on my time table."
Ha this reminds me of when DS1 was a baby. He HATED tummy time and at home would not even try to lift his head up, instead kept it in the carpet and screamed his head off. He could hold his head up just fine, just wouldn't do anything while on his tummy. I went to his, I think 4mth checkup, and was telling the Dr about it. I then laid him on his belly while we were there and he pushes up with his arms and starts looking around LOL I'm like ok so you KNOW how to do it you just don't!
MammaWannaBe and d_tops like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 01:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius likes doing half rolls, before he would always just roll on his side, he's a side sleeper, but now when I have him on the floor he'll roll from back to stomach and then kind of looks at me like umm what do I do now mom?!
May 3rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan still rolls to his side then stays there. It's so funny I'm just on pins and needles waiting and he just hangs out on his side.

May 3rd, 2013, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mika rolls. He is 14 weeks.

But I think hes trying to escape.....

Mykelti James 01.21.13

Last edited by Briar08; May 3rd, 2013 at 04:41 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search