How much is your baby eating?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mommysc2
  • 1 Post By missadie222

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar #2 due in May
I just switched my daughter from breastmilk to formula, and she went from eating about 3 ounces every 3-4 hours down to about 1 1/2 ounces of formula in that same time. It doesn't seem like she's eating much, but she's happy as a clam and sleeping a lot.

How old are your loved ones now? What are they eating and how often? How big are they?
Baby #2

Juliana Rose, born 1/7/13
May 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Marshall will be 4mths on the 8th. He eats 4-5oz every 2-3hrs. I'm not sure how much he weighs, I would guess atleast 16lbs though.
May 2nd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker does 4-5.5 ounces every 4 hours at 4 months old. He is a peanut and only weights 12lbs12ounces though.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
Always Remembering Our Baby Angels - 4/2011 and 4/2012
May 3rd, 2013, 12:46 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndsey2013 View Post
I just switched my daughter from breastmilk to formula, and she went from eating about 3 ounces every 3-4 hours down to about 1 1/2 ounces of formula in that same time. It doesn't seem like she's eating much, but she's happy as a clam and sleeping a lot.

How old are your loved ones now? What are they eating and how often? How big are they?
How old are your loved ones now? 17 Weeks, 2 Days Old

What are they eating and how often? 8 oz. Nutramigen every 3 Hours

How big are they? About 16 lbs., 26.5" long (allowing for growth since last check-up)

May 3rd, 2013, 04:41 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy is just about 5 months old and weighs 13.5 lbs. During the day she eats 4-5 ounces every 3 hours.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius is almost 4 months, weighs 16lbs and eats 4.5 oz every 2-3 hours.

May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Evan is almost 4 months (7th) and we just bumped him up this week to 6oz from 5oz. The daycare ladies said they noticed he was getting fussy after 5oz. He's eatting anywhere from 2.5-3.5 hours. I don't know where he puts it and he gets that from DH. His 4 month appt is on the 15th. He's still a string bean so I'm not too sur eon weight but I imagine he's added some inches.

May 3rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Sophia went through a very short phase where her formula intake dropped a lot but it didn't last so I am sure yours will go back to normal soon.

How old are your loved ones now? She will be 4 months on Monday!

What are they eating and how often? Similac Sensitive (RTF). She has approx. 5 1/2 ounces every 3 hours.

How big are they? She was weighed last week and was 12 pounds 2 ounces.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHerndon View Post
Parker does 4-5.5 ounces every 4 hours at 4 months old. He is a peanut and only weights 12lbs12ounces though.
Sophia is only 12 pounds 2 ounces.......LOL!
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mika is eating 35 oz a day apparently. He is gaining 24 grams a day. They should gain 30-36, so he is pretty close.

He is eating Nutramigen A+ thickened to honey.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
May 3rd, 2013, 06:31 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Latham has been at 6oz for about a month now. He is about 18 lbs. Usually he will start to show signs of hunger around the 4 hour mark.

May 3rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Max is 15 weeks today. I'm not sure what he weighs but I'd guess 15-16 pound. During the day hr eats 4-5 ounces usually every 3 hours. His nighttime bottle is 6 oz.

May 4th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln weighs around 14lbs I think. He doesn't eat on a schedule at all. He just eats whenever he wants, lol. He will usually only take a couple of ounces at a time, unless he is falling asleep and then he'll take the whole bottle (5-6 oz). Even though I pump and give him bottles, we still follow the routine of a nursing baby so I don't have him on a schedule. This is the way I did it with my older two also, and they both have healthy attitudes toward food - they eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full.

I think he eats about 30oz per day.

May 4th, 2013, 09:47 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
No idea how much B eats since we are EBF but based on the occasional bottle DH gives him, I would guess he is eating between 24-28 oz a day. His last weight was at his 2 month appt and he was 12.5lbs. I would guess he is prob close to 15 by now!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
I BF and supplement about 10 ounces a day. I'm pretty sure he eats 3-4 ounces every 2-3 hours. Which puts him at about 36 ounces a day I'm guessing.

Question. How did you wean? Did you go through your own hormone changes/ emotions? I want to wean soon, or at least cut back to 2-3 BFs a day and the rest formula.
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

May 4th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar #2 due in May
Quote:
Originally Posted by missadie222 View Post

Question. How did you wean? Did you go through your own hormone changes/ emotions? I want to wean soon, or at least cut back to 2-3 BFs a day and the rest formula.
My daughter never latched on, so I have been pumping exclusively since she was about 4 days old. She does not seem to mind switching between formula and breastmilk, so I have not really had to wean at all. The only differences are the amount she eats and formula also makes her spit up at times (she rarely spit up breastmilk).

Edited to add: And the only emotion I went through was relief that I didn't have to be stressed about my low supply any more. Originally I had to supplement for about a week before I started taking fenugreek, and that was emotional for me, but then I started making more milk, up until recently.
Baby #2

Juliana Rose, born 1/7/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search