AF Woes Live On *Update*

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jules_loves_beaches

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I was back at the OB today. Seriously I go to the OB just as much as when I was pregnant, it's crazy!

Basically I'm still not getting a regular period. I went in, in March when I was 10 weeks post partum, not BF-ing, and not getting a period. My OB put me on progesterone and after 10 days I got my period. If I have a 28 day period, I should have gotten it May 1st and no AF. I actually tested on May 4th, the day I found out I was pregnant with Vivi, I was freaking out thinking how ironic it would be if I were, but I wasn't. So, I went in today.

The OB did an internal exam, everything seemed to be ok. I'm still having pain in my hips and around my incision, which he thinks is muscle related. I keep forgetting that it is major surgery and can take a while to heal. He didn't seem to think it was anything serious, obviously we don't know if I am cycling, but we decided that I would wait another two weeks and if I still don't have it, start the progesterone again to force a period.

I'm still sort of freaking out though because my brain of course jumps ahead to what if I'm not ovulating and what if I never do again and this is my only pregnancy and what if I can never have another baby and on and on and on. I just want to get back on track and it makes me nervous that we really don't know what's up. I'm hoping maybe it's thyroid related and getting that fixed will help, but he didn't seem to think that was it either. blah

Update*****

She has arrived! Week and a half late and tell take cramps today (they are a doozy) but Aunt Flo has definitely arrived. I will be enjoying some sweets and sweatpants today lol.

I think I need to remember for the next few months my period might not be a perfect 28 days. I need to give it more of a 4-6 week window before I call the OB or get worried that something is wrong. Feeling very relieved right now!

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Last edited by MammaWannaBe; May 8th, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
May 6th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Dee
This can be so frustrating. Even though you're not BFing, your hormones are still adjusting to not being pregnant, and maybe you're just off. I've only had one period so far, and it was completely different from my periods before having a baby, more like implantation bleeding. (So, you know, I promptly freaked internally.)

I'm like you, running through all of the possibilities in my head, playing out worst case scenarios with all the what-ifs. But until I know it's something, I keep reminding myself that it could be nothing... and that helps. Sort of. Sometimes.

I hope that you get some answers on what's happening soon.
May 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I know this sounds bad, but I'm glad to hear I am not alone. I think I assumed that I was just going to magically bounce back, and maybe some people do, but I'm not. I've never had issues with my period or ovulating, so I'm really freaked out by this and I know that sometimes people have issues conceiving the second kid so I'm of course convinced this is me.

I need to chillax lol

May 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully you start on your own and can avoid the progesterone. My periods have been crazy too since the PP bleeding. I actually got my first 8 weeks out (normal) even with just starting the pill and ever since I have pretty much been spotting/bleeding. I finally came off the pill and immediately stopped bleeding and about three days ago I had two days of what looked like the end of a period..and now nothing. I am sure my body is all kinds of out of whack. Keep us posted and no worries!

May 7th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Expecting #1
I'm sure everything is fine, but understand your worry. Your body is still adjusting and regulating all the hormones from pregnancy. It can take up to a year before you become normal again, even if you aren't bfing. Hang in there and enjoy the months of no AF. When you absolutely do not want her to come, that is the day she will arrive So wear white shorts everyday if you really want her to come
joellejello and MammaWannaBe like this.

May 7th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Haha thanks J...you crack me up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search