Kicking Babies

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mal91011
  • 1 Post By minalyn
  • 1 Post By SaraSmiles

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Are your little ones becoming super active with their legs? Max is a total spaz with his legs - especially when he's excited! I can't believe how much he's moving and kicking those little legs! The unfortunate part is that he's right at that height now that his kicking is hitting where i had my c-section, which is still tender!
nursingmama and Xtapolapocet like this.

May 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah felix goes ballistic with his legs. Its hot here so he is never wearing socks and has what I like to call "sticky feet" and since im always in shorts his sticky little feet are always pinching and pulling at the skin on my legs.

May 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Yes, move over hands because legs are in! Evan holds his legs back when I'm changing his diaper. I tell himhe's such a good helper He does this little jumpy thing when he's excited, it super cute.
nursingmama likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minalyn View Post
Yes, move over hands because legs are in! Evan holds his legs back when I'm changing his diaper. I tell himhe's such a good helper He does this little jumpy thing when he's excited, it super cute.
Ember does this too! Its so cute. Little helpers indeed!

May 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vivi loves to flail those legs! It's hysterical and so uncoordinated. I agree about getting kicked in the C Section scar though. OUCH!

I think I read somewhere that it's how they show their excitement and stuff

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
May 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Hehe yeah Lucy really shows her excitement with her legs lately too. My older daughter thinks it hilarious when I have Lucy on the changing table, and she kicks and kicks at the wipes container, which is at her feet- so much so that she manages to press the "open" button We were just laughing about that this morning.
May 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep, I have a little kicker here, too! (And ditto on the c-section scar -ouch!!) She flails around a lot and gets stiff and shakes her arms and legs when excited. So cute!
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

May 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup Parker LOVES to kick his legs. He also does the holding the legs up to be changed thing - unfortunately he doesn't put them down for me when I need to fasten the diaper lol! And he loves to stand up. He has such strong legs already that he can stand with us minimally touching him!

We also play a foot game that he adores - I kick him in the face with his own foot. I know it sounds mean but he absolutely loves it lol (and it's not like I actually kick, more like touch his cheek lol). Such a little weirdo I have here!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep I get it too! Especially when I change him. My bed is so high and that's usually where we are he kicks me while I'm bent over him and usually kicks my boobs definitely does not feel good! But oh so cute

May 7th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Are your little ones becoming super active with their legs? Max is a total spaz with his legs - especially when he's excited! I can't believe how much he's moving and kicking those little legs! The unfortunate part is that he's right at that height now that his kicking is hitting where i had my c-section, which is still tender!
Yup! David is doing the same thing....right down to the c-section incision area (also still tender for me). lol

May 8th, 2013, 07:24 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes!! I definitely noticed this! When we are getting ready for a nap or bed time, I usually have him in front of me laying on his back facing me and we play a bit to wear him out....but he kept kicking the same spot on my stomach repeatedly to where it got sore....so we had to change our playing position.

I actually have a funny video of him going bonkers...ill see if I can upload it

This is his bedtime dance
VID_20130505_195657_560.mp4 Video by straights1 | Photobucket
LilHerndon likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy

Last edited by SaraSmiles; May 8th, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search