Striking Nerve Pain

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
During my pregnancy, I would say around 4 months pregnant I started getting nerve pains in my right leg....just figured it was the weight of the baby and my organs all smooshed together.....I had this a little when I was at the end of my pregnancy with my DS. Well, it never went away and it's getting worse and worse. The pain goes up the back of my right leg, up my butt and believe it or not up my crotch..... sorry, TMI! It is so unbearable at times and I get no warning, it just hits me, stops me in my tracks and last for a few minutes. The only relief I get is stretching it or believe it or not walking up the steps.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am going to make an apt for an neurologist but just wondering if anyone else has this?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 8th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oof hope you feel better! I've had issues but moreso in my hips. I find yoga is helping though. Maybe some of those stretches could help you? Good luck!
mommysc2 likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
May 8th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like its a sciatic nerve.aka sciatica. My husband has this quite often. Unfortunately there isn't much that helps. His Dr. recommended a chiropracter and that helped a lot, also he would take a tennis ball and put it on one side ..the side that hurt and sat on it. This helps to relieve it on a daily basis. Stretching also relieves it. Hope that helps some!

May 9th, 2013, 04:50 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I agree, it sounds like sciatic nerve. Google foam roller stretches. When i was in prenatal yoga she had us doing these stretches and they worked amazingly. I would still call the dr though because it could also be a pinched nerve.

Like Mere, i'm still having problems with my hips, especially when sleeping. My left one keeps locking up on me and i pretty much have to pry myself out of bed. I keep meaning to call a chiropracter but haven't gotten around to it.

May 10th, 2013, 06:27 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Thanks ladies! I made an apt with a neurologist for Monday morning. I will let you all know what he says!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
Chiropractics helped me more than anything else. I had an MRI years ago that showed one bad disc and my one from a few months back now shows 2. I honestly think they're both from my spinals, since I had the same sort of burning sensation in my hips/back after each. I had back pain in between my pregnancies as well.

I did physical therapy after the first MRI. Helped a little, not a ton. Went to my chiro, and that helped the most. I started going back to him after I fell during skiing and they fixed me right up. I need to go back again, but just can't find time right now.

Honestly, a neuro is probably going to want you to get an MRI, and unless you have good insurance or don't have a high deductible, I would try a few chiro adjustments first. And if you do end up needing an MRI, don't go to a hospital or hospital based facility, they can charge, and the insurance allows more! Go to a free standing facility.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search