Poop question!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
How often does your LO poop? Alayna poops like every 4-5 days and it started to worry me so I called the ped and they told me to give her juice and water to make her go. Its normal for them sometimes to go up to 3 days without a bowel movemet, but is it normal for that to be all the time? So obviously I gave her the juice but its just an ongoing problem. She goes in to see the ped on the 20th and I am going to bring it up again. Anyone else dealing with this?

May 10th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've heard that that's pretty normal, Julius goes once a day and has since birth, which made me nervous because I thought newborns were supposed to poop a lot but the doctor said as long as the poop is not to hard and not loose and he doesn't seem to be in pain then it's ok. I give him tummy tea because sometimes I feel like he might be slightly constipated, but otherwise if there doesn't seem to be any of the above said problems it could be a result of the baby's digestive system becoming more mature, more nutrients being pulled from the food, resulting in less dirty diapers for you.

May 10th, 2013, 06:06 AM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
Mine won't stop! She was pooping no more than once a day, and now she poops EVERY diaper! She also NEVER pooped in the middle of the night, and she wakes up dirty everyday. It has been about a week of this. I'm thinking about making a pedi appointment because it is unusual. She has no fever or other issues.
May 10th, 2013, 06:14 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I am not to sure how normal that is. They are all different so it could be normal but I would ask your pedi. Sophia usually poops everyday. Once a day usually. Once in a while she will poop twice a day, and once in a while she will skip one day but never really more than that. Her poop is always green though. Sometimes dark, sometimes light. Once in a while it is not green but I would say 90% of the time it is. I always thought that green meant stomach ache but I asked my pedi about 2 months ago and he didn't seem concerned but I am def bringing that up at our next apt on the 23rd. She doesn't complain at all though.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 10th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes!! Lincoln goes on average, about every 4-5 days. Sometimes it's an entire week of no pooping. It started when he hit a growth spurt a few weeks ago and I needed to supplement with a little formula, but just TINY bit, like 2oz each day for a few days. So I stopped the formula and went back to 100% breastmilk, but he is still only going every 4-5 days.

I know it can be normal for bf babies, because they use the bm so efficiently. Part of me sure doesn't mind not having to change a dirty diaper every day, but I worry that he's uncomfortable too. He seems ok though.

Oh, and I started giving him some apple juice, hoping it would help him poop, but it hasn't changed how often he goes. I might try prune juice if he seems uncomfortable.

May 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Expecting #1
Ember was like this since birth and I have had numerous conversations with my ped and lactation consultant about this! She was a once every 7-10 days. Recently, she was 4-7 days. Now she is going about once every 3-4 days with the occasional stretch of everyday or every other day. She is breastfed and this is completely normal as long as she isnt straining or it isnt hard. Breastmilk is a natural laxative, so most likely there is no constipation. Babies just absorb most or all of breastmilk so they dont need to go as often.

May 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Marshall goes usually once a day. Sometimes every other day. If it gets to where its been more then 2-3days I give him 1/2oz juice with 1/2oz water and it makes him go.
May 11th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy

David typically poo's anywhere from 3-4x daily. His diet is primarily Nutramigen formula by Enfamil and we've only recently introduced him to Gerber 1st Foods (Apples/Bananas/Carrots). When he has a tummy ache we've given him onion water and it helps with his digestive issues (he has a lot of problems with acid reflux and gas). He seems to be doing quite well and the doctor assures us everything is normal with him, so we haven't felt the need to worry. Until a doctor tells me I have something to be concerned about, I typically just stay in a watch & wait status until advised to react otherwise (when it is something I know nothing about...like this).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search