Updated with pic: Cutting hair?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Briar08
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By MammaWannaBe
  • 1 Post By Hoping4bby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HAs anyone had to cut their LO's hair?

Mika has a photo session booked for tomorrow and his bangs are actually in his eyes. I want to get them trimmed so he can see...but seriously he is 3 months old. My other 2 boys didnt have hair until they were 1. My ODD wore pigtails at 3 hours old...but I could put her bangs back.

So this is new territory.

I have an appt at 4 to get it done, but I am terrified she will poke him in the eye or cut him or something.

So I did it:

Sawyers_Mommy and nursingmama like this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13

Last edited by Briar08; May 14th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
May 13th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lincoln still has almost no hair, lol. However, I didn't cut my oldest son's hair until he was past 2 (it was well past his shoulders at that point).

Can you not just brush it out of his eyes? I guess if it's always hanging in his eyes though, it might bother him anyway. I love the way their hair looks before it's ever cut, so I always hold off as long as possible.

May 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker has a really long tuft of hair on the top of his head that just looks silly but at least it's not in his face. If it were I'd probably get it cut too. I'd just watch how the hairdresser does it, I'm sure he'll be handsome and able to see in no time lol.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Funny story...

Max hasn't officially had a hair cut. BUT, at around 7 weeks old he had this patch on the lower part of the back of his head that was really long because everything around it was rubbing off from his bed. It kind of looked like a mini mullet. Well, hubby was giving Max a bath and i was in his room folding his clothes when suddenly i hear this sound that sounded suspciously like hair clippers buzzing... I realized what was going on a barged into the bathroom as hubby was finishing shaving the back of Max's head.

He couldn't figure out why i was angry!! I wasn't angry that he shaved that mullet off, but i was defintely sad that he didn't include me in on the decision and i wasn't there for Max's technically first hair cut!

May 13th, 2013, 01:36 PM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Funny story...

Max hasn't officially had a hair cut. BUT, at around 7 weeks old he had this patch on the lower part of the back of his head that was really long because everything around it was rubbing off from his bed. It kind of looked like a mini mullet. Well, hubby was giving Max a bath and i was in his room folding his clothes when suddenly i hear this sound that sounded suspciously like hair clippers buzzing... I realized what was going on a barged into the bathroom as hubby was finishing shaving the back of Max's head.

He couldn't figure out why i was angry!! I wasn't angry that he shaved that mullet off, but i was defintely sad that he didn't include me in on the decision and i wasn't there for Max's technically first hair cut!
Sounds a lot like my DH with my DS, I came home from work one day and DH had given him a full buzz cut! I was PISSED! He had quite a lot of hair DH thought it looked silly because it was so long on the top of his head. ugh. men

Taylor, on the other hand, she has a patch of longer hair on top of her head, a nice rubbed off section across the back, and a little mullet section at the nape of her neck. Super stylin'. so she definitely doens't need a cut anytime soon.
mamaginger likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG! I would KILL my hubby if he cut my kids' hair without my expressly ok-ing it, lol! He knows that though and he wouldn't dare, haha.

May 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely be mad too if my DH decided to do something like that on his own! I'm pretty sure he knows better haha. Kingston has long hair has had it since day one. It is growing over his ears but I don't think I am to the point of cutting it yet. You will have to show us a before and after pic!

May 13th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Marshall has a patch of dark hair in the back (like the mullet that Megan was talking about lol) and then its rubbed off on the sides and the back middle. He has hair there its just blonde so he looks bald lol. He has quite a bit on top but its not long yet. Even if it was I wouldn't cut his until he was over 1. I'd just brush it out of his eyes.

DS1 hair didn't start really growing until 5mths or so but then it grew like a weed! We got it cut for the first time at 14 or 15mths. It was touching his shoulders and was super curly! He looked like a little girl lol. I wish now we hadn't cut it all off though and just trimmed it so he still looked like a boy but with curls. If we hadn't never cut Sawyer's, his would be down to his butt by now! I hope if we have a little girl one day her hair grows like his lol. If Marshall has curly hair I won't get it cut off this time!
May 13th, 2013, 07:35 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vivi has an insane amount of hair but luckily it's coming in pretty evenly. It's a tad too long in the front but she rocks a side part to deal with that.

I honestly can't imagine cutting her hair but it's already down her neck in the back so I feel like she will need one sooner rather than later! Also if she has sort of thinner blonde hair like my hubby it might get tangled more so cutting it would be easiest. Idk we'll see. I'll definitely save a lock and probably tear up over it lol
minalyn likes this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
May 13th, 2013, 07:37 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Sophia's hair sticks straight up in the center of her head....lol~ It's the only spot of long hair. The rest of her head is very short with bald spots from sleeping. In my opinion I wouldn't cut a baby's hair this small. I always waited for them to be at least one years old.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 14th, 2013, 08:15 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Bax has no hair yet,... Just a little fuzz! I'm sure it will be fine

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 14th, 2013, 10:23 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
Funny story...

DH wanted to do the same thing!! I said no no no. You better not touch my baby's hair! I swear we would have a HUGE problem if were to cut Evan hair. Yes we're in the militray and yes you're use to short hair but my baby's hair will "flow" till he's at least 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Vivi has an insane amount of hair but luckily it's coming in pretty evenly. It's a tad too long in the front but she rocks a side part to deal with that.

I honestly can't imagine cutting her hair but it's already down her neck in the back so I feel like she will need one sooner rather than later! Also if she has sort of thinner blonde hair like my hubby it might get tangled more so cutting it would be easiest. Idk we'll see. I'll definitely save a lock and probably tear up over it lol

Ditto on the tearing up.. I can already see it! This from the mom who thought she wouldn't cry after dropping him off at daycare for the first time. Oh it was an ugly cry I tell ya.

May 14th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awh he looks so cute! Like a little boy already! I can't believe they are getting so big so fast!
Briar08 likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Too cute! He looks so grown up!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Dee
He looks so big with his first haircut!
May 16th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know! He lost his baby face!

Mykelti James 01.21.13
May 16th, 2013, 01:55 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Aww he's so adorable! And he does look so grown up now!

That's it - i am never ever cutting Max's hair!!

May 17th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy doesn't have enough hair to cut. It's coming in very slowly just like my 3 year olds. At 3, I haven't given her more than a tiny trim to get rid of the scraggly ends. And her hair still has very little length to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search