Mothers Day

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Host of March '10 PR
How did you celebrate Mothers Day? Was it your first Mothers Day?
May 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
It wasn't my first Mother's Day. It was my 3rd My 1st with Marshall though!

DH and DS1 went and picked me out a couple of flowers yesterday morning. Then we got some food and went on the Parkway and had a picnic. Afterwards we drove a while on the parkway looking at the views and then came home and DS1 helped me plant my flowers. We sat around outside for a while then I fixed some awesome turkery burgers on whole wheat bread with melted cheddar cheese, sautéed onions, lettuce and tomato! Yum!
May 13th, 2013, 08:55 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Totally my 1st with an actual baby In honor of my 1st mother's day I turned it into a Mother's Day weekend. Evan and I got our pictures taken on Saturday. He usually wakes up around 1 but that wasn't the routine today. He was pretty tired but we got a couple good shots which was all I wanted (I would've been happy with 1!) While still at the mall we ordered my name plate necklace. It's 14kt gold and says Evan. Evan went to bed a little late the night before then woke up at 530am but then slept till 1130am! I decided to do some mommy errands while the boys slept. I tried to take myself out to breakfast but the line was way too long and that was at 2 different places So I went tanning, stopped at the store, and got a pedicure. Then I went home and everyone was awake and I was so hungry so we decided to go to Olive Garden, I LOVE their Zuppa Toscana. Once again the line was outside!! So we went across the parking lot to Ihop.

I enjoyed my day. Oh also Evan made me a card at daycare. It was tear worthy lol.

May 14th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was my first Mother's day Dh brought me coffee in bed before he had to leave to go ref a soccer game. Then he swung by after the game and picked us up to go to his soccer game. After all that I went and picked tulips and received 2 new charms for my Pandora bracelet. Then we went out for ice cream
May 14th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Host of March '10 PR
It was my 4th Mother's Day! We had a baptism to go to in the morning (DH was the god father). It was with DH's side of the family so we got to spend some time with them and MIL. Then we went to my parents house to see my mom. We ate there and played a bit. It was a jam-packed day with lots of driving!!!

DH and the girls took me out on Saturday to pick out some gifts. I got some new Alex & Ani bracelets and a Vera Bradley case for my new MacBook.
May 14th, 2013, 08:26 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
It was my first! DH got up early, took care of the dog and my critters and I heard him rumbling around. I knew he would give B a bottle, but i needed to feed him (ouch!) so told him to wake me up when baby woke up. He did, and while i was nursing, he made me breakfast ... Homemade sausage mcmuffin with egg, pancakes, and juice and coffee. He delivered it on a tray in the nursery with 2 cards (one from him and one from Bax), a vase with freshly cut roses from our yard, and a gift. It was an infinity diamond ring (long story about infinity, but we are both math nerds and the infinity symbol was a big part of our wedding). We spent the morning printing out pictures of Bax to put in frames, then he went to get us lunch. Then we spent the afternoon at the Safari Park! At night, after I fed Bax, he put him to sleep so I could enjoy a nice long bath and glass of wine
SaraSmiles likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Although I have step children, this was my first real mothers day! DH was away at work so it was just me and the kiddos, but we made the best of it. When I woke up, the kids, with my help of course, made me breakfast. Waffles (they made them) sausage (microwave magic lol) and eggs (which they helped me with a bit). Then I read their cards they made me in school. Later we had a picnic in the courtyard by our apartment, which was really nice because the weather was amazing. The kids rode their bikes a bit and we just hung around for the rest of the day. Although I wish DH was here, it was a nice day.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
May 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Meh, DH kinda failed this year. He did let me pick dinner for him to make... but did NOTHING the rest of the day. I changed 3 poopy diapers within 30 mins of waking up while he played on his computer right next to the changing table. Ugh. Kinda pissed me off because he's usually very thoughtful. At one point I heard him tell my sister that Mother's Day is supposed to be about the kids doing something for mom. Well yeah, but my kids are 3 months and 2 years, they don't know to do anything. Grrr. I'll stop now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search