I think my brain is MIA

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By A.Sue8
  • 1 Post By SaraSmiles

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope Im not alone here, but lately I feel like my brain is missing, and a big pile of mush has taken its place. I am forgetting everything! Something as simple as taking the chicken out to defrost, I just cant remember. I literally tell myself to do something 87 times, and still forget! Today, I forgot it was a half day at the kids school, and was late to pick them up! That is where I draw the line! Forgetting little things like defrosting dinner, or mailing a letter, no biggie..I can get past that...but forgetting to pick up the kids is the last straw. Is this just a phase Im going through from being over worked and under rested? Or maybe its from pretty much being a single parent with no support system or help? My husband is gone 3/4 of the time and all family and friends live across country. I don't know what it is, but I need to fix it because this is not going to work for me!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
May 15th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal. At least I hope it is, because I have been there for awhile now, lol. I think it's partially leftover preggo brain, which I hear takes awhile to go away completely, and partially just from complete exhaustion. I never really feel like I'm firing on all cylinders. I'm always a little sleepy and that makes it harder to focus. I think I've forgotten what it's like to feel well-rested.

May 15th, 2013, 09:08 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm forgetting words. I'll be trying to explain something and I can't remember a word and I'll stand there stammering like an idiot: "It's going to rain so I have to go find ..that thing...that covers you while you- umbrella! Yes!" I feel like I'm there but the info is getting clogged in the tubes.

May 15th, 2013, 10:35 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Sticky Notes! I Used To Be AbleTo Remin Myself In A Notebook But Now I Have To Plaster My Desk In Stick Notes!

May 16th, 2013, 12:55 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot tell you how often I need to insert the explanation -- sorry, my brain is mush -- into my life. And I only have the one child. I also get this creeping fear on occasion that I'm forgetting something really important. So far I haven't figured out what it is, and she seems pretty healthy so I'll just wait for someone to point out the obvious.

I've been told that this won't last forever. When I told a friend who does similar work to me that I'd resigned myself to not being able to write for her first year, she assured me that it doesn't even last the whole year. Her son is nine months and she claims she can get 3 to 4 hours straight of work time. I have to admit that sounds heavenly, if even just to recover my brain function for that 3 hour span.
May 16th, 2013, 02:13 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Ugh I still have pregnancy brain too. I think for me it's because I'm juggling so much right now. I'm working 10-10.5 hours days so that I can have friday off. Plus I'm not only doing my role but also a second role that I'm not familiar with at all which is overwhelming. Add to it max has never slept through the night and a little fogginess from ppd and I'm a hot mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post
I'm forgetting words. I'll be trying to explain something and I can't remember a word and I'll stand there stammering like an idiot: "It's going to rain so I have to go find ..that thing...that covers you while you- umbrella! Yes!" I feel like I'm there but the info is getting clogged in the tubes.
Me too!! And simple stupid words too. I was talking to my parents and drew a blank on a word, so I sat there for a minute trying to remember what the word was. Bib. The darn word I couldn't remember was bib. How freaking simple of a word is that!?

May 16th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been having the biggest brain farts ever lately. I think it's because I don't just concentrate on doing one thing at a time. I have a constant list of things running through my mind of tasks I need to do. On Monday, we were getting ready to go shopping, DH and Julius were in the car and I had to take the stroller out of the trunk, then I wanted to check the oil, while going over the list of groceries in my head. I ended up locking the only set of car keys we have not in the trunk but the frame of the trunk so I could see them through the crack on the outside and I could see them through a crack on the inside but there was no way I was going to get them, our trunk latch broke..I just start laughing and tell DH I don't think we are going to be going anywhere for a loooonnngg time and he flipped #$*&. After an hour of trying to get the keys I found a spare key hidden in the crack of a backseat fold
SaraSmiles likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddlestar View Post
I'm forgetting words. .
Yes, that happens to me all the time! Words, names, just about anything lol. At least I know Im not alone. Maybe I should take one of those brain/memory vitamins...if only I could remember the name of them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Sue8 View Post
I ended up locking the only set of car keys we have not in the trunk but the frame of the trunk so I could see them through the crack on the outside and I could see them through a crack on the inside but there was no way I was going to get them, our trunk latch broke
I can totally relate. The only thing that saved me is technology. Thank god I have a new car because I would say at least 3 times I would have locked my keys in the trunk, if the car let me. The trunk pops back open if it senses the keys are in there....thank god!
A.Sue8 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search