Nosefrida

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Lyndsey2013
  • 2 Post By A.Sue8
  • 1 Post By SaraSmiles
  • 3 Post By mistletoe
  • 3 Post By mal91011
  • 2 Post By MommaTooters
  • 2 Post By SaraSmiles
  • 3 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 1 Post By joellejello
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
What are your thoughts/experiences with the Nosefrida?

What are you/have you used to get the boogies out?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 18th, 2013, 01:12 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious about this too. I have a soft bulb and Little Noses saline mist, but she absolutely hates when I use either. My most successful method so far has had nothing to do with me -- either after she's had a bit of a crying fit, which sends a snot out the nose and I can whisk it away, or something after some aggressive tummy time, she's breathed so heavy she shoots a little snot ball out herself.

She has not, touch wood, had a cold yet, so I am awaiting that to see how we tackle it.
May 18th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I use the hospital grade 'booger getter' as I call it! Its the big brown bulb. I've had good luck with them over any other bulb.

I've never used the nosefrida and I personally never will unless nothing else worked. I think it's gross lol.
mommysc2 and A.Sue8 like this.
May 18th, 2013, 08:40 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I have it, use it, love it! Bax doesn't mind it either and I might even go as far to say that he likes it! It's very effective!
mommysc2 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 18th, 2013, 11:55 AM
The bulb doesn't work well for me, it never did with my other kids too. My doctor recommended it but it's always best to get "mommy referrals" if you know what I mean

So, I went into BRU this morning and then didn't have it. I even asked the teenaged sales guy and he said no....he actually laughed at me!!! He probably was thinking the same thing as Kelsey......."he's like "the one with the straw"......LOL!!

I saw it on amazon for $12 I think so I may order it...I will probably get it quicker than looking around like crazy. This weekend is my daughter's birthday party so I am limited on time......

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

May 18th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I got one, but do not love it. It doesn't seem to work any better than a bulb, and I am too worried about hurting her since 'mommy controls the air flow'.
mommysc2 likes this.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
May 18th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a booger bulb and I also use boogie blaster saline wipes after he cries and has dry boogies around his nose. I must admit if I see a booger in his nose I pick it with my pinky finger..GROSS I know but for some reason I can handle it..If someone else got a booger on me I'd lose whatever happened to be in my stomach at the moment. The only time i've used the bulb is when we've had a spit up come out of the nose, otherwise it doesn't have enough suction to get the booger balls up there.
mistletoe and mommysc2 like this.

May 18th, 2013, 08:17 PM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a booger bulb from the hospital...one of those well made rubbery ones. What we do is I use the little noses saline mist in each nose...let it soften up the boogies for a min or two, then suck whatever I can get out. It seems to work pretty good. He hates it though, but I kind of expect that
mommysc2 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
May 19th, 2013, 01:47 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Sue8 View Post
I have a booger bulb and I also use boogie blaster saline wipes after he cries and has dry boogies around his nose. I must admit if I see a booger in his nose I pick it with my pinky finger..GROSS I know but for some reason I can handle it..If someone else got a booger on me I'd lose whatever happened to be in my stomach at the moment. The only time i've used the bulb is when we've had a spit up come out of the nose, otherwise it doesn't have enough suction to get the booger balls up there.
Yeah, she gave me this look when I did that, and I explained to her: That's what mothers do. We pick boogers out of your nose." I then proceeded to wipe it on my jeans having nothing else at that moment to take care of it. Oh, glamorous motherhood.
d_tops, A.Sue8 and SaraSmiles like this.
May 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I'm not above nose or ear picking max. I tell hubby I made him, it makes it less gross.
d_tops, A.Sue8 and SaraSmiles like this.

May 19th, 2013, 06:50 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have something similar called Baby Comfy Nose. It works fairly well. I bought this one because you don't have to buy any filters. You just put a piece of tissue in there. To catch boogers. I just don't like how hard I have to suck to get anything.
mommysc2 and SaraSmiles like this.

May 19th, 2013, 08:16 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that if a mom tells you she has never picked her baby's nose, shes lying! lol
mommysc2 and A.Sue8 like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
May 19th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I still pick my 2yr olds because he hasn't figured out how and I hate seein big boogers at the edge of his nose!!!
Lyndsey2013, mommysc2 and A.Sue8 like this.
May 20th, 2013, 05:57 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasmiles View Post
i think that if a mom tells you she has never picked her baby's nose, shes lying! Lol
exactly!!

May 20th, 2013, 07:06 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The nosefrieda is seriously the grossest and most amazing booger sucker there is! lol.

But seriously, Little Noses saline squirter, give it a min or two to soften up those boogies, then a couple quick sucks with the nosefrieda and they can breathe again, all boogies are GONE GONE GONE. I have NEVER had that kind of success with a bulb, hospital one or other. And the boogers stay down in the tip of it, they have never gotten anywhere near the filter that's in there. It's a lot less gross than it seems, I swear.
mommysc2 likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yep, I forgot mention that a couple saline squirts and the boogies come out no problem. And they do always stay in the tip. I wish I had a little thing to clean it with, but other than that, it's my savior for nose cleaning !
mommysc2 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 20th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks ladies!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

May 22nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTooters View Post
I have something similar called Baby Comfy Nose. It works fairly well. I bought this one because you don't have to buy any filters. You just put a piece of tissue in there. To catch boogers. I just don't like how hard I have to suck to get anything.
I was looking into this one too. Is it worth it? Would you buy it again or just stick with the hospital bulb?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

June 4th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Dee
I put the nosefrida on the shower list, and I'm still thinking about. My favorite (as if it was written specifically for me) parenting book suggests not doing anything except wiping what comes out. The mucous is in there for a reason, and the baby will eventually sneeze or blow it out. And unless you can take the bulb apart and scrub it, that will get moldy and you're just blowing mold into his nose.

I don't know about that, but we did just make it through J's first cold and all I did was wipe when he needed it, and he seemed fine. If he had a lot of colds or was snotting all the time, though, I'd probably (literally) suck it up and get the nosefrida.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search