Anyone use an ergo?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LadieBug
  • 1 Post By MommaTooters

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 04:07 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quick Ergo question. We just got an Ergo Sport and I'm trying to figure out the leg positioning. Should they just be straight out like she's doing a split? It almost seems like they are too far apart, but I'm really not sure. I just don't want to cut of her circulation or hurt her or anything.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
May 19th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Host of March '10 PR

Here is a good image that circulates often. I know the kid pictured is a bit older than our LO's, but to me it sounds like you are sitting her in there the right way. Their legs are short right now so they might 'stick out' a little more rather than bend. But as long as their weight is on their butt/thighs, like in a seated position, it should be good.
MammaWannaBe likes this.
May 19th, 2013, 07:18 PM
That is a good visual. I think her legs sticking out make me feel like it wouldn't be comfortable but she's fallen asleep in it so it can't be that bad

May 20th, 2013, 05:57 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You want their knees to be higher than their bottom. You want their legs and bottom to make the shape of the letter 'M' like this...
MammaWannaBe likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 08:47 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean, Taylor's legs arent' quite long enough to seem like it's super comfortable for her yet either, but she definitely doesn't like to have her legs froggied under her anymore (with a rolled up blanket under her butt). I think it always feels a little strange at first, like it couldn't possibly be comfortable, but then you see the images the others have posted above, and yeah, I can't imagine the crotch danglers are any fun at all. After wearing it a few times, it will start to feel more natural.

May 20th, 2013, 09:01 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I always thought it was so uncomfy for B, so I would put him in and study him in the mirror a ton. He always falls asleep so I knew he wasn't uncomfortable but wanted to make sure it was proper. It looks funny at first but he spread legs are best. The pictures above are great visuals.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the advice ladies! I'm going to do more mirror studying

May 20th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran
Corwin doesn't like the Ergo yet - I think it is a little much for his legs. We are still using the wrap but I'm going to keep trying the Ergo every week or so b/c I love it!!
May 22nd, 2013, 01:51 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to say I think Little Miss A found the baby bjorn more comfortable; we could have her in there for a lot longer than the ergo. But I brought just the ergo with us on this trip, so we've been out in it. She cannot splay her legs as shown in the pictures (and the really, really, really horrible instructions that came with it -- idd anyone else find it so?). So having her legs tucked up like a frog is one thing that limits how long she's comfortable in there for.

For me, however, the ergo is soooo much more incredibly comfortable. No back ache at all; the bjorn was bad for that for me -- the pressure at just the wrong place on my back instead of carrying it on my hips like a proper hiking backpack with the ergo. So the ergo will definitely be our longer-term carrier. (We also have a Kelty Hiker carrier though.)
May 22nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YouTube has lots of great ergo videos.

Here's a pic of SB in the Ergo while I made pancakes this morning.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Dee
Monday was the first time I used it without the infant insert. It is SO MUCH BETTER now, that insert was useful, but too much work and too hot. Now I think we're both more comfortable with it.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
LovelyMama's Avatar Veteran
Location: Military Wife ~ living everywhere my hubby is needed :-)
I love the ergo. Ev's legs don't seem to comfortably yet to hang out so I roll up a blanket and put it at the bottom (from other mommy's blog suggestions) to make a seat for his butt and then his legs are froggie style inside. He really likes it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search