Toys!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 07:10 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your LO have any favorite toys yet?

What's one toy (or more!) that you can't wait to buy for them?

Sarah loves her little Aden & Anais muslin lovies we got for the virtual baby shower. I tied a knot in one corner and she loves to chew on that. She's also loving any of her silicone teethers (both necklaces for me to wear and her to play with) and her new set of recycled milk jug Green Toys keys that we just got in our Citrus Lane box!

I'm wanting to get her a Sophie the Giraffe and a couple more silicone teethers!!

May 21st, 2013, 07:59 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
YES. He has this crinkly green monster by Carter's that someone gave us because it was their granddaughters favorite gift. It is by far his favorite!! We don't leave the house without it. He also loves his lifefactory teethers, his Ringley turtle teether, and his Sophie. He has a love hate relationship with his Oball. He loves to grab it and hold it but he tries to constantly put it in his mouth which frustrates him!

I am really looking forward to buying him older toys, nothing specific that comes to mind right now though!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sophie the giraffe is a favorite, also be loves helium balloons ( just watching them) also we have a bunch of hand puppets that he loves, when we use them to sing songs to him with!

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
May 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a few toys from Lamaze and Infantino that get the most attention. Anything that is full of bright colors, crinkles or squeaks(drives the dogs nuts) is what's going on over at our house. I have so many toys that he can't do anything with yet, I'm not allowed to go shopping by myself because i'm always tossing something in the shopping cart. He already has a push car and a mini BBQ set lol, the Bosch tool bench keeps begging me to buy it as well...I need to win the lottery.
May 21st, 2013, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Parker has a stuffed dog I named Ruffalo (yes after Mark Ruffalo because I love him lol) that he always loves to chew on. He also has a stuffed octopus (Octie lol) with rings hanging off of it that he loves. And yes I name all of his stuffed animals it is just easier to describe them if they have a name lol!
A.Sue8 likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

May 22nd, 2013, 01:46 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we've been away, she's only had a chance to explore gifts that she's been given. (When we left she still had no interest in toys.) Paddington Bear is a favorite, something about that bright red hat, blue coat and smiling face, plus his arms are perfect for chewing on. Like others, she loves everything bright and colorful -- a quilted pillow with a bear on it or a quilt with bright flowers and smiling butterflies that my godmother made for her. Sofie the giraffe awaits our arrival back at home, and I'm sure she'll be a hit. In the future, I'm looking forward to great scrolls of paper and crayons for her to draw with.
May 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He has one of those tiny little taggie blankets with a stuffed dog attached that he likes a lot. He smiles when he sees it and holds it whenever we're in the car. We went into Orlando a couple weekends ago and I couldn't believe he held that toy for the entire car ride (about 3 hours).

I'm going to go order him a Sophie right now, I've been meaning to do that. I need to get him a few teething type toys. As far as for when he gets bigger, I don't know, we have SO many toys in this house I kinda hate the idea of adding any more lol, but I guess I've gotten rid of a lot of the baby toys so I'll probably need to buy some.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Peyton loves her Aden and Anais security blankets and any regular sized muslin blanket. She chews on them and loves having one against her face.

She also loves her plush baby doll made by Just One You that I got at target. It has thin long legs and she likes to chew on the shoes.

She also really likes this toy:
Amazon.com: Manhattan Toy Winkel: Toys & Games

I really really wanted her to like Sophie the Giraffe teether. I bought one for home and daycare and she won't play with it at all. I am hoping this changes because I think it's so cute.

May 22nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I forgot about this toy, I LOVE it so much. A friend gave it to us and I am SO grateful. It's the coolest thing.

Amazon.com: K's Kids Ryan Large Activity Center: Baby

It's huge, a lot bigger than Lincoln is right now (my 4 year old can ride on it, lol) but he loves to play with it while he's lying next to it.

May 23rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Taylor's not really into toys too much yet. She has this wheel toy on her high chair Amazon.com: Sassy Developmental Wonder Wheel Suction Toy: Baby that she plays with some while we eat or while I wash bottles. And she likes the toys on her play mat. I guess she likes her monkey wubbanub too. Hmmm, maybe she does like toys now... her favorite toy is her big brother though, she will watch him, laugh at him, and just loves him!

May 23rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joellejello View Post
She has this wheel toy on her high chair Amazon.com: Sassy Developmental Wonder Wheel Suction Toy: Baby that she plays with some while we eat or while I wash bottles.
Yep love that one!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
LO has no interests in toys yet the only thing he likes is a teething toy my mom bought him

May 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Lucy is really into a crinkly monster- I think its by sassy?
She also gnaws on Sophie a lot.
She plays with her pacifier a lot too
May 23rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybeth76 View Post
He has one of those tiny little taggie blankets with a stuffed dog attached that he likes a lot. He smiles when he sees it and holds it whenever we're in the car. We went into Orlando a couple weekends ago and I couldn't believe he held that toy for the entire car ride (about 3 hours).

I'm going to go order him a Sophie right now, I've been meaning to do that. I need to get him a few teething type toys. As far as for when he gets bigger, I don't know, we have SO many toys in this house I kinda hate the idea of adding any more lol, but I guess I've gotten rid of a lot of the baby toys so I'll probably need to buy some.
I just ordered Sophia the purple elephant taggie security blankie thingie.......lol!!! I can't wait to get it!!

So far I think Sophia's favorite "toy" would be her pacifier, she loves to chew on it....lol!! She even talk to it! This must be due to her teething. She also loves this teether giraffe made by Dr. Brown's.......other than that I wouldn't say she has a fav....she pretty much chews on anything near her mouth or you give her! I plan on getting Sophie the giraffe as I heard so much great things plus you gotta love the name

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Which Sophie do you ladies have? The actual giraffe or the Sophie giraffe teething ring?

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My LO's favorites so far are the Aden + Anais security blankets (actually, he loves grabbing and sucking on burp cloths too, lol), the Manhatten Toy Winkle, and the Green Toys Twist Teether. There's also a musical sea horse with a belly that lights up that my husband got for him at Target, and he is mesmerized by it. He doesn't play with it, just watches it.

We have the Sophie giraffe, and he's not that into it just yet. I expect that will come shortly.

May 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Y'all that have the A&A security blankets...I took the corner with the tag and tied it in a knot and she LOVES it!!!

May 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Expecting #1
The A&A security blanket, her bunny lovey, loves the Sophie giraffe, her winkle, and Lamaze peacock are our go to toys. Ember popped her first two teeth and her Sophie is constantly in her mouth and she hasn't been fussy much at all.

May 26th, 2013, 06:25 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Last week the daycare ladies told me Evan really liked this ball that has cutouts in it. Over the weekend I bought him one from Target and it also has a few beads in it to make it rattle. He really seems to like it. His drool goes completely through it! Lol.

May 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by minalyn View Post
Last week the daycare ladies told me Evan really liked this ball that has cutouts in it. Over the weekend I bought him one from Target and it also has a few beads in it to make it rattle. He really seems to like it. His drool goes completely through it! Lol.

This, but like KPeanut's LO, Quinn has a love hate relationship with it, she gets frustrated that the whole thing can't be eaten. She also really likes hand puppets. She likes when I play with them in front of her making voices and such, and she likes how they are easier to hold than a regular stuffed animal. So much buzz about this Sopie giraffe, I gave to go google it now...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search