GTKY: Super Random Questions for Mommy!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By marybeth76
  • 1 Post By SaraSmiles

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Host of March '10 PR
We talk about our LO's so much. Lets put the spotlight on the mommies for a bit!

If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be?

Which TV game show would you be awesome at?

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now?

Are you artistic/creative?

Do you have a green thumb?

Can you change a tire?
May 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Too shy to be on TV

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Wheel of Fortune...except with my luck I'd keep going bankrupt.

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? Nope- too busy in the art studio.

Are you artistic/creative? Yup. I'm an artsy craftsy type of gal.

Do you have a green thumb? My silk plants are holding up quite nicely, thank you.

Can you change a tire? If I had to I'm sure I could.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hell's Kitchen just so I could meet Gordon Ramsay, lol.

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Umm, none of them, my brain sucks too much now, lol. Ty kids for sucking my brains out.

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? Yep, I was #1 on my high school teams in golf and tennis. I also made my college golf team but quit because I didn't want to spend my entire life playing any sport.

Are you artistic/creative? I guess that I am; I'm a photographer and I'm good at it. I never would have thought I was very creative or artistic, and I sure never thought I'd be a photog someday, but that's life for ya. Never know what's gonna come your way.

Do you have a green thumb? Hahahahhaahahaha. I've killed a cactus before, does that tell you anything?

Can you change a tire? Absolutely not, lol.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? I'm with Karen, too shy to be on tv!

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? I wouldn't classify myself as 'awesome' but I'd say Wheel Of Fortune

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? When I was like 9 I played softball for a couple years. I wish I had stuck with it because I really enjoyed it.

Are you artistic/creative? No

Do you have a green thumb? Yes! I love planting flowers, growing a garden, ect.

Can you change a tire? Yes! I can drive a stick shift too! lol

May 22nd, 2013, 10:37 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Ummm, Road Rules? Does that still exist? Actually probably some baking show or Food Network Challenge.

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Price is Right!!!

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? I am a runner. Did track and cross country in HS, while competing as a nationally-ranked triathlete on the side. Did triathlons and marathons and road races of varying lengths throughout college and adulthood. Messed up my knees something fierce and 9 knee surgeries later, I shouldn't run. Ran my last half marathon in 2011. I give myself another year or two and ill be itchin' to run another.

Are you artistic/creative? Nope. I can be creatively sarcastic at times, though. Or come up with creative ways to get out of business travel if I want (in my previous life).

Do you have a green thumb? I try but I do not. We do have a bunch of green onions in our garden though, a grape vine about ready to fruit and a plum tree with a handful of plums.

Can you change a tire? I probably could at one point but it was likely in drivers Ed. When i was 16. I am 38. I may have forgotten

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Last edited by kbpeanut; May 22nd, 2013 at 10:45 PM.
May 23rd, 2013, 03:14 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? I almost was. Glad I pulled out. I'd rather keep as private as possible.

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Not awesome, but I'd love to compete in an amateur version of Chopped.

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? Track, tennis, ice hockey. Not exceptional at any. Now DH and I paddle -- kayak for me.

Are you artistic/creative? I'd say so. But as my sister is an artist with enviable draftsman skills, I normally say by comparison, more creative than artistic.

Do you have a green thumb? Yes. People have even paid me for it. Although I donr have the patience for aphid-attracting indoor plants.

Can you change a tire? On my pickup, probably not.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Project Runway as a judge or Top Chef as a contestant.

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Name that Tune, or Don't forget the Lyrics. I am a walking Jukebox and if anyone glanced at my music collection they would think I suffer from multiple personality disorder. Last night I sang the entire soundtrack to West Side Story to Julius.

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? I played badminton for one year in HS, but i'm more of the sideline girl. I helped the sports trainer out all 4 years and got to play with all the fun medical stuff.

Are you artistic/creative? I live for arts and crafts even if I'm not the best, I like to dabble in everything. My new project is to build a living room coffee table.

Do you have a green thumb? It was passed down to me from my mom, I live in an apartment so I don't have a garden but I have 25 plants in here. I had a vegetable garden last year on the communal patio and somebody picked all the veggies.

Can you change a tire? Yes, I know more about cars than DH lol. But then again he's a motorcycle guy not a car guy.
May 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? So you think you can dance - not because I can dance, but I think it's a fun show LOL

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Are you smarter than a 5th grader. Or the newlywed game.

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? yep, high school softball and volleyball. in college I reffed for volleyball for intramurals and played some. Nowadays I play vball on a company league and a bar league, but obviously havent' for a while now since being pregnant.

Are you artistic/creative? yes, I love scrapbooking and all things artsy/crafty. My job is very math oriented, so I love doing more creative things in my down time.

Do you have a green thumb? good lord no. My husband and I joke about how we manage to kill even the easiest to maintain plants. We do a little better with outdoor plants though.

Can you change a tire? I think I could if I had to. I've never had to though

May 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Im not sure, all the reality shows I watch are all really talented, like Best Ink, Face Off, America's Got Talent...and I wouldn't really be good on any of those.

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Wheel of Fortune for sure, I would kick butt on that show.

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? In highschool I played softball. I actually played softball since I was about 9, but after highschool I stopped.

Are you artistic/creative? I try to be. I love painting ceramics and doing little arts and crafts projects. I also love decorating cakes!

Do you have a green thumb? Not too much. I did have a garden last summer which was pretty successful, but I stink at keeping flowers alive.

Can you change a tire? No, but I can call AAA
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
May 23rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? None, I can't stand reality shows....lol!

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Family Feud!!!

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? not in HS but in grammar school I was playing soccer.

Are you artistic/creative? nope, that's DH's area.

Do you have a green thumb? huh??

Can you change a tire? yeah right!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
May 23rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Hmm probably something to do with cooking. I don't know/watch a lot of reality tv!

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? I don't know how good i'd be at it, but i think being on Wipeout would be so much fun!! Also, i know i'd rock at Jeopardy - i'm so full of useless knowledge!

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? I competitively swam my whole life. Don't really do any sports now.

Are you artistic/creative? I have my BFA in Illustration and my minor in photography. Unfortunately i'm not as inspired as i used to be.

Do you have a green thumb? For houseplants no, vegetable gardening yes. I'm an avid gardener.

Can you change a tire? I've been shown how to and in a pinch i'm sure i could figure it out again.

May 23rd, 2013, 01:26 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dance Moms. I have a ridiculous obsession with that show. I also feel like I would be a great addition to the pyramid lol

Kids Jeopardy

I was a varsity swimmer in high school. Right now I'm a total yogi

I'd say I have some artistic flair. I like to do craft projects and photography. I also work in social media and online marketing which requires some creativity

Not in the least bit. The only thing I have kept alive is my indoor orchid and I think it's because it thrives off my disdain for it. It lives in spite of me.

Can you change a tire?
Not a chance

May 23rd, 2013, 01:26 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dance Moms. I have a ridiculous obsession with that show. I also feel like I would be a great addition to the pyramid lol

Kids Jeopardy

I was a varsity swimmer in high school. Right now I'm a total yogi

I'd say I have some artistic flair. I like to do craft projects and photography. I also work in social media and online marketing which requires some creativity

Not in the least bit. The only thing I have kept alive is my indoor orchid and I think it's because it thrives off my disdain for it. It lives in spite of me.

Can you change a tire?
Not a chance

Also I have no clue why mine showed up twice. Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistletoe View Post
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? I almost was. Glad I pulled out. I'd rather keep as private as possible.

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Not awesome, but I'd love to compete in an amateur version of Chopped.

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? Track, tennis, ice hockey. Not exceptional at any. Now DH and I paddle -- kayak for me.

Are you artistic/creative? I'd say so. But as my sister is an artist with enviable draftsman skills, I normally say by comparison, more creative than artistic.

Do you have a green thumb? Yes. People have even paid me for it. Although I donr have the patience for aphid-attracting indoor plants.

Can you change a tire? On my pickup, probably not.
what show!?

May 23rd, 2013, 06:31 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Teen mom. Lol. If only I had my kids a decade earlier

An oldie.... Supermarket sweep! I loves that show

Is marching band a sport? Didn't think so. I used to play softball until around age 15

Nope. Tried while pregnant to grow some plants. Thought it would prove I was a good mom. I killed them all!

Can you change a tire?
Yeah, but why would I when I can have the hubby do it.

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
May 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Dee
I used to think the Amazing Race would be cool to do, but then I watched a couple episodes and I don't think so. Is Antiques Road Show realty tv? I'd like to be a person on that who's been stashing something ugly in the basement and when I find out it's worth $10k pretend like I'm going to keep the family heirloom when really I'm going to sell that sucker 10 minutes after taping ends.

The one with the whammies, based solely on my whack-a-mole abilities.

I was a runner. Now I do yoga and roll on the floor with a baby.

I am functionally able in many crafty things (knitting, crochet, embroidery, decoupage, recently quilting, small wood construction, etc.), but none of the things I make are beautiful. I'm one of those it's-the-thought-that-counts crafters.

Nooo. We bought a house in the fall of 2011 and while I very much want to grow things, I'm sort of dreading another summer of caring for the many small plantings and shrubberies that don't love me back.

Can you change a tire?
Yes. THAT I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
I think it's because it thrives off my disdain for it.
Ha! Plants have funny personalities.
May 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Big Brother!

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Wheel of Fortune

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? Softboall

Are you artistic/creative? no

Do you have a green thumb? no, I try but it never works out.

Can you change a tire? never tried.

May 29th, 2013, 02:12 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
[B]

what show!?
I forget the specific name; one of those destination wedding shows. They approach me and my ego was so flattered I failed to see that it's a reality show, not a news program, so when they tried to find the drama angle (there wasn't any), I realized it was not a good idea and pulled out before signing anything.
May 29th, 2013, 04:07 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Dancing with the stars! I would love the kind of one on one training the celebrities get, I would love an opportunity to have that!

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Family Feud!

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now? I danced for my entire childhood all the way through high school. I stopped my freshman year of college because I couldnt afford it. I wish I could start up again!

Are you artistic/creative? In a way; I love expressing myself through dance

Do you have a green thumb? I dont kill plants but they dont thrive under my watch

Can you change a tire? If my life depended on it I could probably figure it out. Im sure it would be hilarious to watch me try.

May 29th, 2013, 07:51 PM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
We talk about our LO's so much. Lets put the spotlight on the mommies for a bit!

If you could be on any reality TV show, which would it be? Bad Girls club I am ashamed to say it but I was like that when I was younger. How I finished college still amazes me.

Which TV game show would you be awesome at? Wheel of Fortune

Did you play any sports in high school/college? Play any sports now?Nope

Are you artistic/creative?No but I love going to art museums I just can't make art=)I can knit a lot of things

Do you have a green thumb? Nope I plant the seeds, water them, and they never grow.

Can you change a tire? Nope

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search