I am about to lose my mind

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
with this baby not sleeping. It's driving me up the wall. All day long he fights it, so he basically fusses all day because he's tired and cranky. I guess I should be grateful he doesn't fight it at night but seriously during the day I have two choices, sit and hold him and get NOTHING done ever, or let him fuss and cry.

Just venting. I don't really think there's any good solution, he just needs to grow out of this phase and fast, lol.

May 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is really frustrating. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time

Do you have a baby carrier? Vivi gets into those types of fussy needing to be held and my ergo allows her the comfort of being next to me but I can still move about and get things done.

May 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I totally feel you. Lucy is in a fussy phase too. She does great at night, but really fights sleep during the day. She gets over-tired, fussy, inconsolable... Don't even get me started on car rides!
Some days are better than others and I just keep reminding myself that this too shall pass!
May 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I have a moby and he likes it, as long as I keep moving around in it and bounce him a little. But if I go to sit down (like when I'm eating lunch or needing to work on the computer) he hates it.

Oh well, I know it won't last forever but it sure is annoying lol. I can't even rock him to sleep because he stiffens his body and pushes away from me and kicks his feet, trying to keep himself awake. It's crazy!

May 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. I want to pull my hair out at times but if I did that i'd be bald in no time with all this shedding going on. Sometimes I get so looney I sit there and laugh uncontrollably while I try and console LO which just makes it worse, He hates my laugh...
May 24th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I totally relate! My daughter is in my moby wrap now napping the longest she's napped all week. She's been very fussy the last three days, I think from teething, and I think I must have nursed her four times last night, so maybe a growth spurt? Hang in there momma! Know that there are moms across the world right there with you!

May 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Yep, we're there too. I am so thankful that 99% of the time if I wear him, he will sleep.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 24th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think if he keeps this up all weekend I'm going to take him to the doctor on Monday. I mean, I think he's ok because if we hold him and play with him he smiles and laughs, but he is just sooo fussy and it seems like he can't stay asleep for more than a few minutes at a time so something must be hurting him. Poor guy

May 24th, 2013, 09:03 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are in the same boat here! All he does is car nap all day unless I lay next to him the entire time. It would be nice except I have another kid to watch so I can't be cuddled in bed with dexter all day ( although it does sound tempting and nice). Every time I leave him asleep I walk out of the room to make lunch or shower and he instantly wakes up crying! I'm going crazy!

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
May 25th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He did a tiny bit better today, but only because I laid in bed holding him to make sure he got a really good long nap this afternoon. I mean, I did enjoy napping too lol, but I can't do that every day.

Like I said he does pretty well at night so I really don't think there is anything physically wrong, I guess he just doesn't like sleeping during the day. Makes me anxious for him to be a bit older and require less sleep!

May 26th, 2013, 03:39 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Glad he at least got some sleep! I finally had to wear Bax to force a nap on him today before we go to a BBQ. I hope it's a phase, because babies need naps! We're all around that 4-5 month mark, too, where there are changes and developments so hoping this is one of them that he grows out of!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search