Nighttime& feeding woes :(

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 07:32 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, all. Just popping in in my zombie-like state to see how you all are doing.

Clairre is excellent- happy baby, growing like a weed... We're just having a couple issues. Wondering if anyone can commiserate and maybe get some advice...

#1-She is not sleeping alone for extended periods at night. I'm not sure what to try. I think it's getting worse instead of better. She was doing 5 he's, eating, back to bed for 2ish, then snuggling/dozing with mommy til it was time to get up. Now it's up every 2 hours if I'm lucky. I usually give up around 3 and sleep in the chair with her. Ugh. I think this is the worst I've ever had it and it feels like it'll never end.

#2-She is suddenly refusing bottles. She did great in the beginning. We even went on vacation for 5 days when she was 8 wks. About a month ago my mom watched her for a day and she would barely eat. My sister had her for a couple hour two weeks ago, same thing. And my parents had her for a few hours this weekend, no go. Today at daycare she pretty much refused the bottle. They got maybe 4 oz in her. Don't know what to do. She was taking it just fine! Ugh. I CAN'T be with her 24 hrs a day. I'm going to go insane...
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

May 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no input on the bottles thing but maybe someone else can help there. Just a thought, maybe you could try a different bottle?

I haven't had the problem but I have heard several ladies here talk about their LO's having the '4mth sleep regression'. That might be what's going on. Marshall likes to cuddle his tigger lovie and sleep on his side. Now that he can roll and gets partially on his belly with some of his body on it's side and sleeps but before I would prop a blanket up behind him to keep him on his side and move it once he was in a deep sleep.

May 29th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius doesn't eat when he's away very well either, and likes to make up for it at night, and it throws of his schedule for a couple days to a week. It's reverse cycling

Quote:
If mom is away from baby during the day, baby may take just enough milk (by bottle or cup) to “take the edge off” his hunger, then wait for mom to return to get the bulk of his calories. Baby will typically nurse more often and/or longer than usual once mom returns. Some mothers encourage reverse cycling so they won’t need to pump as much milk. Reverse cycling is common for breastfed babies who are away from mom part of the day, especially those just starting out with the bottle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search