How many Just Mommies do we still have with us?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2013, 10:53 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
I know lately I haven't really been 'active' on this board; my life has been crazy hectic since we started moving before the baby was born. Then after David we have been trying to get ourselves established in a new city and even now....we have boxes yet to be unpacked.

Every chance I have free time (which isn't much), I check in with JM to see how everyone is doing and I have noticed a very disturbing trend. While I used to be sifting through pages and pages of posts to 'catch up' when I returned, I am surprised if I even have one page to sift through. It looks to me as if our numbers have dwindled down substantially after our LO's arrived. While I realize it's probably because everyone is just too busy right now....newborns are a LOT of work! I do also realize many are only connected via Facebook or other Social Media. While I do not have many JM's on my FB FL, if sent a private message I will add anyone who is interested in being connected daily with me (I am generally accessing FB on my cell only and occasionally on the web).

So I wonder how many of us are still 'active' on this board....does anyone know?

June 2nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still active! I read through a lot more then I post though. I'm counting like 8-9 that are pretty active still counting myself.... It has died down a lot since our LO's were born.
Xtapolapocet likes this.
June 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I sort of figured it would slow down once we had little ones to wrangle with. JM also could really use an easy mobile app. If they were smart they would invest in one. I'm hardly ever on my desktop anymore so FB is more where I keep up with some of the moms I've become friendly with
Hoping4bby and Xtapolapocet like this.

June 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still check in daily while Parker naps, but I also more read through than make posts. I totally agree on the app idea, I'd be on here a lot more if I could use my phone!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

June 2nd, 2013, 09:38 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im here but i usually only have a few minutes to read through a couple posts before one of my kiddos drags me away :/ im on facebook a lot more
Xtapolapocet likes this.

June 2nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still try and jump on JM once a day, but like everyone else I read more than I post.
Xtapolapocet likes this.
June 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Lil_Mama2B's Avatar Veteran
Im here! I am a loser and I do not have a facebook But I get on here pretty much everyday.. I somehow find my way here everytime I get on the computer to do homework.. not sure how that happens
d_tops and Xtapolapocet like this.

June 2nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
I'm still here I check in at least every other day but I do read more than I post and I have morning sickness so that's another reason too
Xtapolapocet likes this.

June 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I'm here. I usually check in when I'm at work or up in the middle of the night with max. I'll admit though, I'm sad to see this board slow down so much. Our ddc was my safe haven for so long!!
mommysc2 and Xtapolapocet like this.

June 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
I'm here! I am on almost everyday but like the others I read more than I post.
Xtapolapocet likes this.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
June 2nd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Thank you to all who have responded, I am so happy to see that so many of us are still here (even if not posting regularly). It's good there are some of us still here, I would hate to lose contact with you guys - we have such a remarkable group of amazing ladies here! Very rarely do you see such a collective of kind, helpful and upbeat people in one place (especially online). It's refreshing that we're not losing contact with one another even after our munchkins have arrived. Thank goodness for Facebook, too, it's a great way to keep in contact when we're on our cell phones until Just Mommies creates an app for us.

I'll keep adding whomever would like to keep in touch via Facebook, for the requests I have already received I have added you; thanks for the friend request invite.

June 3rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im here

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

June 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm here also...and I know I should be posting more but like everyone else, I'm also busy adjusting to life with a baby! I read all the time, every post, but also like others, I am primarily mobile so I don't post as often.

For those that have mentioned JM having an app, I think we all agree that would be awesome (and believe me, the admins have heard it!). But until that happens, there is Forum Runner. That's what I use and its pretty darned good! Way better for mobile posting that just using the regular site IMO!

Oh, and I think I've got most everyone on FB but if not, feel free to add me:

http://www.facebook.com/kbreemts
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just like the other mommies have said ...I am still here and read the posts but its hard for me to reply...but I'm sill here!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

June 3rd, 2013, 11:53 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here, I usually get on at some point during work hours (oops), but I'm on facebook WAY more often. My son's playroom pretty much moved to facebook exclusively and it's just so easy to keep up on there.
Xtapolapocet likes this.

June 3rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm here on occasion. I read but don't post much either. I'd friend people on Facebook but not sure how to find you all...I'm not super tech savvy...

www.facebook.com/nicki.hardy.3
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

June 3rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Veteran
I am here more than I post! I am the stealth reader! Lol!
Xtapolapocet likes this.
June 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyNicki View Post
I'm here on occasion. I read but don't post much either. I'd friend people on Facebook but not sure how to find you all...I'm not super tech savvy...

I added you on FB.

June 4th, 2013, 07:41 AM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyNicki View Post

DDB!!I just friend requested you!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
June 4th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Dee
Here, too, reading more than I post. Even though it's not brimming with activity, I still find our DDC/Playroom a really helpful spot, so I'm really grateful for those who've stuck around and who pop in from time to time!
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search