time away from baby

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Sawyers_Mommy
  • 3 Post By PickyNicki
  • 1 Post By LilHerndon
  • 1 Post By minalyn
  • 2 Post By MammaWannaBe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 06:09 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
Has anyone had to be away from their LO for a significant amount of time yet? I'm going to South carolina for work, leaving Friday, fr 2 weeks. I'm thinking I'm going to be strong then I flash back to when I dropped him off at daycare for the first time and I lost it!

I'm not nervous for his care while I'm gone. I'm just going to miss him SO much It's sad to think about it.

June 4th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I haven't thank gosh! I wouldn't be able to do it. I've not even been away from my 2.5yr old for more then 2nights.

The most I've not been without Marshall is 3xs. And he's always been late when whoever he's staying has gotten him and I get him back by lunch thenext day. 2x he's stayed the night with my mom (one because I was getting my wisdom teeth out and the second I can't remember) and 1x ( for our anniversary) with SIL. There Is no way I'd be away from either of my kids for 2wks, so you're a strong mama!

I hope the time passes by fast for you, you get some probably must needed rest and have a lil fun
Xtapolapocet likes this.
June 4th, 2013, 06:40 PM
PickyNicki's Avatar Super Mommy
We went on a trip when Clairre was 8 wks old for 6 days. It was tough but I tried to focus on the fun things about it and sleeping uninterrupted. It isn't easy leaving them but just remember that he will never remember and sometimes it's good to have a break to revive. You'll appreciate him even more when you get home! Good luck!
Reed Allen (5)
Ellie Nichole (2)
Clairre Julianne 1/14/13

June 4th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually going to an out of town wedding this weekend and will be away from Parker for 2 days and I'm a little worried about that! I don't think I could do 2 weeks, kudos to you! Parker has stayed overnight at his grandparents twice already and they are great with him but usually by midday I am aching for some baby cuddles so this could be rough. Definitely enjoy the sleep and have a little fun too.
Xtapolapocet likes this.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

June 4th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel so bad for you! I cannot imagine being away from David that long. The most I've been away from him was maybe 2.5-3.5 hours and that was bad enough, I kept texting/calling to see how he was doing.

June 4th, 2013, 09:20 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I've only been away from Bax 3 times. The first was when he was about 3 weeks old. Our best friend was in town for 24 hours, and my inlaws were here. I hadn't left the house since I got home from the hospital except for ped appts so MIL "made" me go to lunch with DH and BFF for a couple hours . The second time was much later and I ran to Target for about 30 min while DH stayed with him. Third time was when MIL was here visiting in April and she let DH and I go to an early movie and dinner for date night. Each time was hard. I can't imagine 2 weeks so like the others said -- kudos to you!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 5th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickyNicki View Post
It isn't easy leaving them but just remember that he will never remember and sometimes it's good to have a break to revive. You'll appreciate him even more when you get home!
That's a great thought, he won't remember it. Plus it's not like I'm going on vacation and want to be without him.. it 's work

June 5th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh hugs mama! I cannot imagine being away from any of my babies for 2 weeks. I've never spent a night away from them, except of course when I was in the hospital birthing a sibling. I do go out for the evening with friends and I go out to shoot photo sessions, etc. I don't find that nearly as difficult to do now that I have 3 kids as I used to. I remember when I first left my first son (we almost NEVER left him with anyone, but hubby's grandparents had begged us to let them watch him for a couple of hours) and just that was so, so hard.

All that said, if my mom lived here I would leave them all with her for the weekend in a heartbeat.

Anyway, like you said, it's for work so it's not like it's your choice or you're doing it for fun, and he will be fine. Just think about how wonderful it's going to feel to have him in your arms when you return. Will you be able to do any fun "adult" things while you're gone? Even just going out to eat or to have a couple of drinks or see a movie or anything like that?

June 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Well my plan is a little boring. I'm taking online school so I'll be starting another class next week and I need to stay on track since I have my pt test in July. I would like to make the 2 hour trip to Myrtle Beach, never been and come on we don't have beaches in Las Vegas, haha. I may go out on the weekends just to show face. It's nothing personal I just have to stay on track with school and work and my weight/fitness.

Thanks for all the comments, their very encouraging.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been away from Vivi plenty of times for a couple hours here and there during the day when I need to work and for one or two girlfriend night outs when she's basically been ready for bed, but the longest I've done is an overnight. It was so hard dropping her off at her grandparents, I definitely shed a few tears, but you know what? Give it a few hours and I really enjoyed myself. It was nice to not have a set schedule, chat with friends without interruption, wake up to no alarm or baby scream. Of course I missed her terribly, but it gave me time to recharge my mommy batteries.

Of course you are going for work so it's different, but try and do a few nice things for you like watching an entire movie uninterrupted, or getting your nails done. Although it will be difficult, try to make the best of your time away and know that he will not remember any of this.
d_tops and Hoping4bby like this.

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
June 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd give anything for an uninterrupted night of sleep right now... which means being AWAY from Taylor for the night.

June 10th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just got back from our weekend trip for a wedding (Parker was watched by the in-laws) and honestly it was really nice to be baby free for a little bit. I knew he was in good hands and that helped a lot for not being a blubbering baby the entire time lol. Also I will say the uninterrupted sleep was AMAZING. Though I think it left my body wanting more lol! Oh and of course while he's over at his grandparent's house he sleeps through the night! He actually STTN last night when home too but I know it's a fluke.

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search