Blast from the past!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By marybeth76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Lets take a trip down memory lane! These questions go for all children, so BTDT mom's, lets see if you remember things from all of your pregnancies

When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant?

What day did you find out you were expecting?

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they?

Did you think it was going to be a positive test?

How did you feel when you found out?

How did you tell your DH/SO?

What was your due date?

What did you crave through out your pregnancies?

Were you right on what you thought the gender was?

What other names did you have chosen for baby?

How did you feel through out pregnancy?

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out?

Last edited by Sawyers_Mommy; June 10th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
June 10th, 2013, 05:43 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? April 4th, 2012

What day did you find out you were expecting? May 5, 2013

Ok, I am only answering for my last pregnancy because the one before that was 7 years ago

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? Yes, missed period, tired, urge to vomit but not, sore nipples.

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? no, I really didn't

How did you feel when you found out? honestly, shocked!!

How did you tell your DH/SO? My DH was out of the country so 3 weeks and we chatted via skpe and didn't tell him until a few days later, I actually told him on a chat on fb

What was your due date? January 9, 2013

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? no cravings

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? well having a boy was more reasonable in our life because of our bedroom situation but I had a feeling it was a girl the whole time.

What other names did you have chosen for baby? Madison, Hailey, Savannah

How did you feel through out pregnancy? not too bad just achy

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? she was a surprise

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
June 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? No idea. It was all jacked up after months and months of fertility meds.

What day did you find out you were expecting? May 21

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? That was the date my RE scheduled blood test following IVF.

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? Yup.

How did you feel when you found out? Disbelief ... after so long, I didn't think it was possible.

How did you tell your DH/SO? I put a bun in our oven for him to discover when he got home from work.

What was your due date? January 28

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? Chocolate

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? Yep!

What other names did you have chosen for baby? Sebastian and one other which I can't remember

How did you feel through out pregnancy? Awesome. I had a great pregnancy. Could have done without the heartburn though!

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? It was a miracle. After trying for 3.5 years, struggling with my infertility, and my RE convinced we couldn't conceive unless we used donor eggs...rough fertility treatments which at one point meant up to 8 injections a day...a failed IVF-turned-IUI ... We are so blessed.
MammaWannaBe likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? April 23, 2012

What day did you find out you were expecting? June 4, 2012

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? I just finally realized that I should probably have had my period by then

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? I kinda half thought it would, we weren't giong to be trying for a couple months, but I'm never really late so...

How did you feel when you found out? shocked and excited!

How did you tell your DH/SO? As soon as he walked in from the grocery store, I blurted out that Sean was going to be a big brother

What was your due date? Jan 28th

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? eggs. carbs. sleep.

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? no, but I didn't have a strong feeling either way, so

What other names did you have chosen for baby? we considered Irene as a middle name.

How did you feel through out pregnancy? miserable. I detest being pregnant

June 11th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? DS1 it was March 11th, 2010 and DS2 was April 7th, 2012

What day did you find out you were expecting? DS1 was around April 23rd and DS2 was around May 2nd or 3rd.

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? DS1 I was late but my periods were so irregular that I kept waiting and waiting. I was nauseous on and off, not real sick just more so annoying and I remember going to the store and getting a ton of random things to eat because I couldn't figure out what I wanted and my boobs had gotten a tad bigger. I started putting all those things together and figured I'd better test to make sure. DS2 I didn't have any symptoms except my boobs were a bit tender. We were trying so I tested at 8dpo.

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? DS1 I thought it might've been but kept telling myself no. DS2 I thought it would be.

How did you feel when you found out? DS1 I was scared to death, nervous and upset. DS2 I was happy, excited and nervous!

How did you tell your DH/SO? With DS1 I had told DH(then BF) that I thought I might test just to be sure. When it came up positive I called him crying and told him the test I was going to take said I was pregnant. DS2 I showed him the pee stick when he came in from work

What was your due date? DS1 was Dec 16th, 2010 and DS2 was Jan 12th 2013

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? DS1 it was chocolate milk and biscuits and gravy. In the beginning I craved whoppers. DS2 in the beginning I wanted sour straws and through out the rest of the pregnancy I would crave one thing for a day then crave another so not one specific thing.

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? DS1 I was but I thought for sure DS2 was going to be a girl.

What other names did you have chosen for baby? DS1 there was no other name. We knew it would be Sawyer if he was a boy. DS2 we didn't have any idea what we was naming him until the day we came home from the hospital. Some that had been at the top of the list was Lucas, Seamus and another I can't remember. Marshall wasn't even on our list we chose it last minute lol

How did you feel through out pregnancy? DS1 I was sick a bit from wks 7-10 then after that I felt great. DS2 I was extremely tired the whole pregnancy, achy and just miserable from about half way through and sick from wks 6-15 and then on and off throughout the rest of the pregnancy. I had very few days that I felt great.

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? Ds1 was a unplanned teen pregnancy (I was 17) and DS2 was a rainbow baby
June 11th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? No idea, lol. I wasn't keeping up with it which is why I didn't know I was pregnant right away.

What day did you find out you were expecting? I think I tested on May 29th.

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? Yes. I was nauseous and my boobs hurt. Also AF had been MIA for quite some time.

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? I knew without a doubt it would be.

How did you feel when you found out? I cried. Not happy tears, lol.

How did you tell your DH/SO? This was something that I still find extremely cool. I was SO upset and worried about telling him. I was afraid he would be really unhappy about it. So the day I tested (I think it was a Tuesday) I prayed all day that somehow God would make it a little easier for me to tell him. Well, Wed. morning hubby woke up and said, I had the craziest dream last night. And I just knew what he was going to say. He said he had dreamed that our daughter wasn't the baby anymore and that we were going to have another little one. I couldn't believe it! I still didn't tell him I had tested already, but I did tell him that I thought his dream might be right on and that we should probably get a test to see.

What was your due date? Jan 15

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? Anything sour

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? Nah. I never knew.

What other names did you have chosen for baby? For Lincoln we liked - Sebastian, Felix, Liam

How did you feel through out pregnancy? Sick in the beginning, and excruciatingly exhausted, but it improved and I felt pretty good throughout.

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? Can't imagine life without this precious little surprise in it
nursingmama likes this.

June 11th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Dee
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? Mid-April

What day did you find out you were expecting? Late May

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? I felt a little sick and my breasts hurt.

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? Yes.

How did you feel when you found out? Detached. We had a loss in March, so it took me a while to absorb being pregnant again so quickly.

How did you tell your DH/SO? I think I just told him. He didn't know I was testing that day.

What was your due date? Jan 29

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? Chips. Especially the ketchup flavored and blt flavored Lays. I don't eat chips, so that was weird.

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? We didn't have a definite guess.

What other names did you have chosen for baby? Girl names, mostly.

How did you feel through out pregnancy? Pretty rotten. I was fairly sick and kept having problems, even though I was determined to have one of those yoga-walking-unaffected pregnancies. I was wrong, you don't exactly get to pick the kind of pregnancy you're going to have.

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? I'd do it all 100 more times to get this one baby. The difficulty conceiving, our loss, the problems with the pregnancy, the early delivery, all of it. If it meant that this one little person would be part of our family.
June 12th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Host of March '10 PR
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? Before Lucy- April 2, 2012. Before Kylie, I wanna say June 16, 2009?

What day did you find out you were expecting? Lucy- Monday Kylie- Wednesday

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? a few twinges, but not much really

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? both times, no

How did you feel when you found out? First time was going to be my first child, so I was excited, nervous. The second time I was in total disbelief! It wasnt as exciting since I had BTDT, but was still pretty thrilling.

How did you tell your DH/SO? The first time, I told him as soon as he walked in the door from work. The second time, I took him out to lunch with Kylie and told him we were having another baby.

What was your due date? Kylie- 3/22/10 (born on her due date) Lucy- 1/7/13 or 1/18/13 depending who you asked. She was born 12/7/12

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? Kylie- sweets. Poptarts. Lemon. Lucy- rhubarb

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? nope!

What other names did you have chosen for baby? Kylie could have been Rylee, Hailey, or Paige. Lucy could have been Isabelle, Madison, or Annabelle.

How did you feel through out pregnancy? Pretty good both times. Just tired often. And of course my water broke at 33 weeks with Lucy, so that was scary.

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? hmmmm
June 12th, 2013, 01:33 PM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leo: I think august 4th, Felix: April 11th

Leo: September 10thish, Felix: No Idea, early May

Leo: I felt like crap and AF was like a week late and I had NEVER been late before
Felix: I felt like crap and we were trying

Leo: I knew it was going to be +, he was not planned but AF was never late for me before so I knew it was going to be BFP
Felix: Nope, I had taken a test the day before and it was negative I just took the 2nd test on a whim

Leo: Like i was going to throw up (and not from morning sickness)
Felix: Thrilled!!!!

Leo: I showed up at his work and broke down crying
Felix: I took the test at 4am because I couldnt sleep and I woke him up right then to tell him

What was your due date?
Leo: June 14th 2011
Felix: January 23rd 2013

Leo: Berry Sunday from the food court at costco
Felix: Anything sweet

Spot on both times. Even though I wanted a girl, I knew for a fact that both boys

Leo: Was always Leonel
Felix: Oliver

Leo: Like crap
Felix: Like crappier crap

Leo: was not planned and financially we were not ready, I wasnt married and we didnt have our own place and I didnt have a job but by time he was born all those things had worked out and I would NEVER change anything about when he was born. I was blessed to have him, a definite gift from God
Felix: I feel so lucky to have been able to have him as a part of our family!

June 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? DD1 was Nov 1,2007 & DD2 was Apr26,2012

What day did you find out you were expecting? Nov24,2007 & June10,2012

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? with DD1 i wanted to test so bad at 11 DPO i couldnt stand it lol. With DD2 it was sort of a surprise

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? with both i thought negative. The test i took for DD2 i swore was going to be negative bc i didnt get a positive ovulation on my clearblue easy fertility monitor.

How did you feel when you found out? nervous and excited. i had a miscarriage my first pregnancy Apr 2007

How did you tell your DH/SO? Both times i showed him the test. The one from DD2 i actually took a pic and txt it to him (he wasnt home)

What was your due date? Aug6,2008 & Feb4,2013

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? rainbow sherbet with DD1 and cucumbers with DD2

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? i never had a feeling wither way

What other names did you have chosen for baby? Hadley, Elena, Delaney

How did you feel through out pregnancy? sluggish with DD1 but i lost so much weight with DD2 i had more energy

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? i actually had a dr appt bc i hadnt started AF and i was so sure i wasnt pregnant. i didnt want to be the moron who didnt test before seeing the dr, and lo and behold i was pregnant lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

June 13th, 2013, 07:35 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
When was your last period before finding out you were pregnant? March 20th (I believe.. have it written down somewhere. I was very regular in keeping track)

What day did you find out you were expecting? April 23rd, it was a Monday and my period wasn't due till that Friday

Did you have any symptoms or reasons that made you test? If so, what were they? A dream actually. The symptoms kicked in shortly after seeing that BFP

Did you think it was going to be a positive test? No! I never got results from ovulation strips so I never knew when I was "ready"

How did you feel when you found out? Shocked! Totally surprised and caught off guard. But SO excited/

How did you tell your DH/SO? I told him about my dream them showed him the test. He thought I should retest because the line was light but I took a digi... couldn't question that!

What was your due date? Jan 4th

What did you crave through out your pregnancies? Nothing really. I ate a lot of Subway though.

Were you right on what you thought the gender was? Yes! I asked my father in my prayers to show me what I was having and a day or 2 later I had a dream I was having a boy.

What other names did you have chosen for baby? Evan was VERY close to being called Tristian James. I tried it out for a few days and I just never could like it. We wanted an A or T name but going through the book I landed on E's and really liked Evan. If he would've been a girl he would've been Ariel Anna.

How did you feel through out pregnancy? Pretty good. Never got sick but I was nauseous. I got achy near 3rd trimester. I never had any swelling problems but boy did my feet get tired quickly.

Any other special details you want to add about the time you found out? I told my best friends before my husband! I told my girlfriends by texting them and asking what they thought of a Halloween babyshower, totally forgetting to attach the picture of the positive test! DH and I were just starting to work things out and I was in such shock that I kept that surprise away from him all day!!

June 14th, 2013, 06:46 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was a fantastic idea Kelsey

It was around Easter, I think April 7th or 8th 2012

Friday May 4th 2012

We were trying to conceive, but honestly I thought I missed my mark that month. It was the only month I didn't really symptom spot

I was hoping so!

I couldn't believe I was seeing two lines and that it was really happening. But, at the same time, I felt fear and anxiety because the last time I saw two lines it ended up being chemical and that was crushing. I wanted to jump and scream with joy, but I also felt more cautious this time around.

I wrote on this little board in our bathroom that I loved him today because he was going to be an awesome dad

What was your due date?
1/13/13

Everything bagels and chocolate frosties during the first trimester and soft pretzels with salt during the entire birth.

I sort of thought it was a girl, but I didn't want to get my hopes up.

I SO wanted to name her Elizabeth like "Elizabeth Bennet" and call her "Betsy". I was so upset when my husband hated the name. We were thinking Addison for awhile, but we determined it was a bit too popular for us.

First pregnancy like crap, start of the 2nd trimester I had the WORST sinus headaches ever and I remember thinking "aren't I supposed to feel good now?" Then I went through a few weeks of feeling wonderful, but most of the time I had heartburn and acid reflux. Not that fun lol

I found out on a very important date to women in my family, which I took as a cosmic sign that maybe it would just end up being a "she"

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search