One thing you would change

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Stolen from the April PR hehe

What is one thing you would about your delivery? And something you will do differently for your next pregnancy/delivery.
June 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Dee
I don't know that I could change anything about it. But I do wish that I'd had the opportunity to go into labor. I don't regret or dwell on it, it happened and we're here now. But I do hope that things go differently with a future pregnancy.
June 21st, 2013, 06:00 AM
Expecting #1
I wish I had more pictures and/or a video after Ember was born. That moment was so special, DH and I were so in awe that we only snapped a few pictures of those first moments. We were more concerned with meeting our little Ember. I wish I would have asked the nurse to take more pictures with both of us together right after she was born.

I guess its not really a labor/delivery thing I would change, but its close enough.

June 21st, 2013, 06:24 AM
Host of March '10 PR
Lets see...

My water wouldn't break at 33 weeks.
DH wouldn't have missed her birth. (All this would have require is the nurse telling me how close to giving birthing was!)
Lucy wouldn't have had to go to the nicu.
June 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
I wouldn't have gotten induced. I wasn't to my due date yet so Idk why I was even induced. I was at the end of my pregnancy and ready to be done so I didn't tell him no when he mentioned it. Next time I will. The labor went great over all, very short and I had such a great experience and LOVE my Dr....I just wish I had waited it out and went on my own. I was 3cm when they started the pit so I probably would've went into labor within a couple days anyways.

I also wish I hadn't gotten the epidural. I'm not against them AT ALL and it was a relief from pain which was nice but by the time I decided I wanted it and was able to get them in the room I was 8cm and by the time it was in and working I was 9cm so I only had to make it 1 more cm which was about 30min later. If I had just waited it out I could've done it naturally which is what I was really hoping for and hope to be able to do next time.
June 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
No c-section for sure. But, it couldn't be helped. Of course next time I would love VBAC but that's highly unlikely.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Ugh. Everything. Theres a reason why I'm in therapy 22 weeks later!!

June 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post

I really hope you're joking on this, otherwise I feel so bad for you!!!

In regards to mine, I know I couldn't avoid the c-section; but I will be changing doctors for the next one (since they didn't cath me AFTER they knocked me out....I am still angry about that). I will not be returning to the hospital I was in because of the way I was treated and I will try to make sure that the next baby is getting better care from the doctors (if there's another NICU situation like there was with David). So for me...a LOT would change the next time.

June 22nd, 2013, 07:36 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't have been so freaked out by a potential big baby that I opted for the induction which led to the c section. But really hindsight is 20/20 and I had no idea what a c section entailed and there's no saying I wouldn't have ended up with one anyway.

One thing I know id change was making sure someone highly capabable cathed me. Having post cath removal issues and basically setting myself back weeks in recovery because of inability to relieve myself which lefte screaming in pain for 30 minutes begging for an unmediated cath would be awesome to avoid
Xtapolapocet likes this.

June 23rd, 2013, 04:56 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
I wouldn't have been so freaked out by a potential big baby that I opted for the induction which led to the c section. But really hindsight is 20/20 and I had no idea what a c section entailed and there's no saying I wouldn't have ended up with one anyway.

One thing I know id change was making sure someone highly capabable cathed me. Having post cath removal issues and basically setting myself back weeks in recovery because of inability to relieve myself which lefte screaming in pain for 30 minutes begging for an unmediated cath would be awesome to avoid

What is with these horrible, sadistic people doing the caths? My experience was a nightmare too!!! UGH! The C-Section was a nightmare anyway, but the cath (for me) was the worst of it! I can suffer with the pain (I have Fibromyalgia and I am used to living in agony), but the cath was just a step too far on the misery scale. So I am 100% with you on that one, sister!!!!!!!

June 23rd, 2013, 06:19 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
I wish I could've had more pics when Jahvon was born. I went to my MFM doctor apt and they had to do an emergency C-section and DH had left the camera at the house.

June 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
I wish I would've waited a little longer before getting the epi. On the screen I could see the contractions were so close I was just afraid I'd miss my chance. I also wish I would have done a little research on C-sections. I NEVER EVER thought I'd get a C-section. I'll never forget having like 8 doctors/nurses in the room because Evan's heart rate dropped so low.

June 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mal91011 View Post
I hope it's going well.

I know that I have to actively not beat myself up over how things went. Especially the breastfeeding. I start mentally going down that road and think "but what if I'd just..." and I have to make sure that I don't let myself finish that thought. Dwelling on delivery and breastfeeding just hurts too much, and I want to focus on what's here and now, but it's work to do that.

I'm a big fan of (good) therapy. I hope you're getting what you need there.
June 24th, 2013, 08:12 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtapolapocet View Post
I really hope you're joking on this, otherwise I feel so bad for you!!!
Definitely not joking! Part of therapy is to finally write out my birth story, which i've been putting off. Maybe i'll post it here when i get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_tops View Post
I hope it's going well.

I know that I have to actively not beat myself up over how things went. Especially the breastfeeding. I start mentally going down that road and think "but what if I'd just..." and I have to make sure that I don't let myself finish that thought. Dwelling on delivery and breastfeeding just hurts too much, and I want to focus on what's here and now, but it's work to do that.

I'm a big fan of (good) therapy. I hope you're getting what you need there.
That's exactly why i started. I tried not to dwell on everything but i couldn't stop. And i'm so glad i started - i just wish i hadn't waited until 20 weeks postpartum to do it!! And now i just have to say, if anybody in the back of their mind thinks maybe they are still dealing with PPD but have been putting of talking to somebody - DO IT! It makes so much of a difference!!

June 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
She was two weeks late, and I had to be induced due to that. I wanted so bad to not have an epidural. After TWO DAYS of real contractions, and not an ounce of sleep due to 5 minute apart contractions for 48 hours (no dilation) I let them give me morphine AND ambien to try to get some sleep. I slept through contractions for 45 whole minutes. I was handling the pain, but thought I was die from exhaustion. I finally let them give me pitocin at that point, and break my water. I jumped to 9cm in a few hours, but would not go complete. On full pitocin, water broken, 9cm for hours and hours and hours, I finally agreed to the epidural. The doc said it would relax me and be my only hope of avoiding a C-Section. It worked! I delivered an hour later, after almost 3 days.

In hindsight, I feel guilty for the morphine and ambien, and wish I would have just started with the epidural. If I had to get the epidural anyway, I might as well have avoided the other stuff.

Hopefully next time I can go natural the whole way.

She was "Acynclitic" or sideways, so that's why I wouldn't completely open up... she wasn't pushing on the correct spot.
June 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So many things... A nicer doctor who didn't say mean things (after being diagnosed infertile and waiting a decade to give birth only to have my epidural fail and being ruptured for 24 hours she walks in chomping gum and says "well I hope you know you're going to miss your baby being born) and who didn't laugh (actually laughed) when I said my pp bc would be nfp.

I wish my body didn't reject the epidural and I could have been awake for his birth. I still get extremely sad thinking of it.

With my medical problems I'm not comfortable with a vbac so I'm glad my next c section (hoping we get another baby ) will be planned and I can choose my care team and have a better idea of the birth plan.

I'm so thankful for my baby, I hate to complain about the birth.. But I just get sad thinking about it
mrssws likes this.

June 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
colette20's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grrr ... Double post :/

Last edited by colette20; June 24th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
June 26th, 2013, 10:48 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my birth story was pretty nuts- i was in labor for 47 hours, but was progressing veeery slowly. it didnt go at all like i wanted it to. i was sick, i needed to start pit to move the labor along, i had to be manually dilated and have my water broken so they gave me an epidural, and harvey needed to be in nicu for a few days. but i feel like, as much as it sucked, i have this amazing little guy now, and thats *his* story. so, i dont feel disappointed, and i dont think id change the story at all.
June 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going to be obnoxious, and honest. I wouldn't change a single thing! This birth was perfect. It was just me and my baby, working together to get him born, with my husband and my other children holding my hand. It was a dream.
the only thing I might change for my next pregnancy, is to have a birth attendant. I didn't need one this time, or the last time, but something inside me says I might want one next time.if nothing else, to do the cleanup! Lol

wife to Michael, mama to Zoe (10), Selene (7), Garvin (4), Gwen (2), and Thomas, born 13 Jan 13
June 29th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a crazy birthing experience but I survived. I didn't make any plans except wanted to go all natural which changed really fast once I started feeling contractions. I laughed, cried, screamed, pooped, fainted, and in the end was just happy it was all over. OOh wait next time I think i'm going to start doing a massage in my lady bits because I tore really really bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search