Diaper Dilemma...

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Xtapolapocet's Avatar Super Mommy
We are at Size 3 diapers now for Mr. David....while the hubby and I were out diaper shopping, we observed a bit of a problem we're about to face -- we have to change style of diapers! Little David is growing out of the Swaddlers line (apparently) and now we have to pick another diaper to put him in. We absolutely HATED the Babies R Us brand (since it wasn't much better than a paper towel) and we love the wetness indicator on the Swaddlers. The next diapers available for little man are the Cruisers, Baby Dry and then of course there are other brands as well (but we've had bad luck with Huggies at the lower sizes).....HELP!!!!

June 22nd, 2013, 02:20 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
We cloth diaper but somethings use disposables on max overnight (or when I'm gone for a while and dh wants to be lazy!) The dry baby or whatever it's called seems to be great. Max sttn now and never has any leaks with them.

June 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
The Pampers cruisers are supposedly very similar to swaddlers. You may want to buy a small pack and try those. We honestly have no problems going between brands. We use Huggies, Luvs, Pampers (if I have to since these leak a lot for us) and even Walgreens brand (I can get these on sale for buy one get one free, so about $4.50 per pack... so these go to daycare!)

June 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We also cloth, but use sposies at night. I would just buy the smallest package of the cruisers and see how they work before committing!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 23rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
My sister had both cruisers and baby dry for me to try (going from swaddlers), and they both worked great. We decided to go with the cheaper one -- whichever one had a few more diapers than the other. I think it was baby dry.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
June 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
We use Swaddlers but while I was out of town DH bought Pampers Baby Dry and I don't like them. DH went up a size to 3's based on Evan's weight. I thought he was fine at a 2, he's so skinny. Anyway in the 1 1/2 days that I've been back I've decided I don't like Baby Dry. The urine comes all they way to the waist band and maybe he just didn't need a 3 because they don't seem to be snug to me. Needless to say I'm going back to swaddlers when these are gone.

June 24th, 2013, 11:15 AM
MommaTooters's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SB is in a size 4 Luvs. The 3s are okay, almost snug but not too snug but every time she pooped it came out the back. The diaper came down to the top of her crack so it didn't contain much!

June 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use Huggies. Now that M is in 3's I switched from snug & dry to the Little Movers. I have always loved those with DS1. They hold in the poops well but I've run into a problem now that he is sleeping on his belly. His diaper leaks up the top. So I think I'm gonna have to try another brand, even though Huggies has always been the only kind both boys could use once they got to be 2+mths.

June 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM
BeamerMarie- Due Jan 2012
We went from Swaddlers to Cruisers, and they are just as great!
June 25th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Host of March '10 PR
I haven't been using swaddlers for a while. With Lucy I use either cruisers or baby dry. When DD1 was in diapers, I always stuck with only cruisers.
June 25th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
We use the coscto brand diapers. She is still in the 1-2 size but I have bought the 3's. My issue with the 3's is that they are too big for her. I cant get it tight enough around her legs and it is leaking sometimes. She is still "dainty" lol.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

June 26th, 2013, 05:56 PM
mommysc2's Avatar Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Sophia had a huge diaper problem in the beginning. She leaked through EVERYTHING.....until we tried Luvs...I absolute love Luvs, no leaks, fits perfect, not bulky at all, thin diaper, they even have a inner waist band for extra protections. We tried everything else and they all leaked both pee and poop! Baby Dry was the worst, OMG......her diaper blew up like a balloon! It was horrible......so my vote is Luvs 100%!!

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home
June 30th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Like the others have suggested I would just buy a small pack of diapers of different brands and see how hat goes. Good luck!

July 1st, 2013, 07:48 AM
joellejello's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've liked Baby Dry, Target Up and Up, and recently I've liked the Babies R Us brand. Different kinds fit differently on different baby body types and work better for boys vs girls depending on where the absorbancy is. I also suggest trying small packs of a few different kinds to see what you like best. I know with my son, as he grew, we had to switch a few times to get the best fit. Huggies when little, Walmart brand was best for a month or two, Luvs, and finally BAby Dry once he was a toddler. Good luck finding the right ones!

July 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM
SaraSmiles's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started off using pampers swaddlers and the rate we were going through diapers, they were just too expensive so we switched to Luvs. At nearly 1/3 of the price, I have no complaints.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the awesome siggy
July 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I noticed at Target last weekend that they are now carrying Swaddlers in size 4 and 5. So if you want to stay with those, it's an option now.

We use Luvs or Huggies mainly. I buy Walgreen's brand for daycare because they change them so frequently no matter what, and those I can get on sale buy one get one free (when they have the good sale!) or buy one get one 50% off. Huggies I buy if I have a coupon that makes them a good deal. Otherwise, we love Luvs.

July 13th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
Ugh - I'm taking back what I said about Pampers baby dry - we are just having too many blowouts!

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
July 25th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like baby dry by pampers, but I have noticed that we need to use a size bigger, Julius is in size 4 now, we skipped 2 and went straight to 3 when he was 3 months old. On vacation I decided to try Luvs and now I wish they sold them in Germany, great price, great diaper, I only wish they weren't scented.
July 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM
TTUmom's Avatar Soon to be mommy of TWO!
We are using Honest diapers for Molly and LOVE them!! We are in a size 3 currently. If you haven't heard of them they are SUPER cute and are chemical free/bio-degradeable. The closest thing you can get to cloth diapering without the mess Plus they ship right to your house!

July 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cruisers. And OMG I can't believe you guys' babies are in size 4 diapers. Lincoln still has plenty of room in a 2, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search