Chewing

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TTUmom
  • 1 Post By A.Sue8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Sawyers_Mommy's Avatar Cautiously Expecting #2!
Is anyone else's LO's able to chew incredibly good?

You may or may not believe me on this one but yesterday we were eating supper. We had chicken, onion rings and broccoli. I gave Marshall a broccoli piece to chew on but he crammed the whole thing in his mouth which freaked me out so I got it from him. He was wanting to eat with us and the chicken had honey on it so I figured an onion ring would be good for him to naw on and keep him occupied but he wouldn't be able to get much off of it. Boy was I wrong!!!!! He chewed on it until he'd get a piece off and then chew on that piece until it was smushy enough to swallow. He ended up eating 1 1/2 onion rings!!! I couldn't believe how good he was at it!!

Then this evening he kept fussy like he was hungry but he had already had milk not to long ago so I gave him a saltine cracker and he would chew a piece off then chew it until he could swallow it. THEN we were eating supper and I decided to give him a pinch of my biscuit and he chewed it no problem as well as some meat loaf!

I'm like sooo amazed at how well he can chew! And DH didn't believe me about him eating the onion ring lol It's kinda nice because he can eat more things now while were eating but i'm also like "hello kid you're only 6.5mths not 10.5mths, slow down some!"

Last edited by Sawyers_Mommy; July 26th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
July 26th, 2013, 08:54 PM
TTUmom's Avatar Soon to be mommy of TWO!
That's crazy! Molly will be 7 months on Monday and we are starting the Baby Led Weaning aproach. According to it, once a baby is 6 months they are capable of chewing food. You might look into it
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.
July 27th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Julius can chew. I give him things and he'll bite pieces off and I go an take it from him and he gets so angry at me, but i'm so paranoid. I made DH give him a mum mum while I was in the other room and every noise I heard I was like IS HE OK, IS HE OK, DOES HE NEED A SIP OF WATER?! DH was ready to shoot me with a horse tranquilizer. I finally grew a pair and gave him a cookie and didn't freak when he broke it in his house and he ended up spitting out the big piece, I gotta give this kid more credit.
Sawyers_Mommy likes this.
July 31st, 2013, 10:59 AM
nursingmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Felix chews ridiculously well also, he eats every meal with us and i let him have whatever we eat: pork, chicken, broccoli, bread, ect

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search