Pumping and all that jazzy stuff

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Curious to how many babies are still getting breastmilk either by pumping or bf?
My babe is almost 10 months and six teeth later we are still going at it! I am away from her almost 10 hours a day 5 days a week. I pump only 10 oz a day but have not had to supplement yet with formula. Plus, she is quite the chunker, so I think she is just fine!

Questions!

How much are you able to pump?
If you exclusively pump, what are you doing in 24 hours?
How is the teething going?

Twila
November 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am EBF-ing but when I pump I can only get about 4-6 ounces and that's usually only once a day because I am with him all day long. So it seems about right to me?
We have 7 teeth over here and he is usually ony fussy around night time right when he is ready for bed. I Thnk because he doesn't have a distractin anymore like he does throughout the day. I can tell he has been teething again lately because of the drool and fussiness but I don't see any teeth coming in either

November 13th, 2013, 06:35 AM
mrssws's Avatar Veteran
How much are you able to pump?I usually get 8-10 ounces
If you exclusively pump, what are you doing in 24 hours?I don't exclusively pump
How is the teething going? He has four teeth now. He's not as fussy anymore thank god

November 17th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EBF here. I rarely pump, I have excess lipase so I have to scald it and all that nonsense. I'm a SAHM and rarely leave her so I don't go through the trouble. She's never had formula. She drinks some water sippies now with meals. We are doing baby led weaning for foodies. I plan to continue until she self weans.

and introducing Julia Pearl
November 25th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I never thought that I would want to be a SAHM, but wish so badly to raise my kids myself. **kicking myself for getting into so much student debt**.
Well, it's good to hear that others are still breastfeeding, I am the last of my friends to keep at it, and I'm pretty sure we are going to continue til she's 2.

Tags
breastfeeding , breastmilk , pumping , teething

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search