Jessica's Journal for Sanity

Cupcake Commons

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cupcake Commons LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
JennyBaby2013's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One of my BFF's was recently diagnosed w/interstitial cystitis. She's been through so much with it the past few months. I had never heard of it prior to her diagnosis (either did she). I can't imagine being preggers, having IC and IBS.

I hope the 31st comes very fast for you so you get some peace of mind!
Jacob (10) Matthew (7) Paige (5)
& Liliana (0)

Liliana Eve 1/14/13 ~ 8lbs 2oz and 19"

May 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Thank you so much! 99% have "pinpoint" bleeding and often, it's acute. Mine is chronic and the fully ulcerated kind. I have to be honest; IC is the worst pain I've ever been in. Then kidney stones (while pregnant), then my c-section (botched), then natural, unmedicated childbirth. The IC kicks my butt on a daily basis, "getting me into shape" for pregnancy. Hehehehehe I hope that your friend is being managed well. Nothing really worked for me, but the treatments usually work for the vast majority of IC patients! You're a good friend for knowing and remembering her diagnosis. My friends/family think that it's no big deal. They act surprised every time it comes up. Hahahaha *sigh* I need other people in my life.

I have a lot of other autoimmune issues, too, so this isn't my most favorite part of pregnancy, but again, it's worth it if I get the baby at the end!

Last edited by iamkc; May 21st, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
May 23rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
SCORE! Strong fingernails, nausea, cramping, and exhaustion! My body is still trying to make a baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It's past midnight, so I'm 7w3d. I know, I know, women get pregnant and gestate successfully every single day. But I don't! Exciting!

The BLT cravings have begun, too. For the longer pregnancies, that's the big craving. And I GOT one today! Again, thrilling. I know, I know. Who would consider a BLT thrilling? THIS pregnant lady!

I'm unfortunately getting more and more irritated with DH. I love him, of course, but he's constantly talking AT me, and he seems to have forgotten that I am making a whole human inside. Today, he lost the car key, and I had to be the one to call to change appointments, etc. Right now, he's talking about me about some puppy that someone had when he was 8. He was talking about his brother surfing before that. I KNOW that I shouldn't be typing over him, but he won't stop talking. 2 hours of random stories I don't care about and have heard over and over. He likes to hear himself talk. He knows that. I know it. And I'm not really all that negative about it, but I swear, I might just punch him to get him to shut up. And now, he's talking about people liking horses.

I should stop giving the running commentary. I shouldn't get so annoyed. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT! I never took advantage of hormones in the previous pregnancies. I'm thinking that this will be my last chance, and I should take advantage. So, punching and yelling and crying: check. Watch out, world. Hehehehehehe Oh, wait, the giggling diminishes how intimidating I am. Heehehe D'OH! Did it again!

I AM mostly being silly. I'm also extremely tired and sleepy, and I can't really find my edit button for the past few days. It's HORMONES! I'm sure of it! Whether it is or isn't, IT IS.

May 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Oh, man. I should point out that DH is AMAZING. Seriously. With DS1, he demanded to rub my feet every day because everything was so swollen. He worked a very demanding job for 12 hours per day in extreme temperatures. He commuted 3 hours. He would come home and go out to get whatever I wanted.

He's just out of practice for some of this stuff, and I am SUPER annoyed by every little thing. Even if he weren't chatting away, I'd be annoyed by his breathing. I'm annoyed every morning when he wakes up and gets to go back to sleep while I wrangle kids. I'm annoyed that he makes himself something to eat or freely takes my food, but doesn't get anything for me. THAT IS NOT LIKE ME! HAHAHAHAHAHA I've managed to keep very quiet about it because these are MY problems, not his. He would actually feel very guilty about all of these. But again, it's not HIM, it's me.

I just wanted to clarify. I know this about myself and probably don't really need to clarify, but just in case I'm reading this near delivery time or something like that, I don't want the hormones to send me into a seething rage. Hahahahaha (Um, I'm not a seether, but I guess you never know, right?) Jessica, remember the foot rubs and gazillion presentations of things that he thinks you'll like. Remember him doing crafts for hours with the kids for Mother's Day. Remember him doing all sorts of little things so you wouldn't have to get up.

And now, I'm crying. Stupid hormones.

May 28th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Feeling generally like crap is a pregnancy symptom, right? Ugh. My intestines refuse to cooperate. AT ALL. We have had to be outside a lot in 95-degree heat and high humidity. I felt like I might actually die. I need to find a solution for this! YUCK! I'm beginning to fantasize about pooping, which is just....wrong.

On the VERY good note, I hit 8 weeks! WOOHOO! I KNOW that it doesn't really mean much, but I'm so thrilled about making it to this point! I have an appointment on Thursday. I realized that I will have the kids with me, so I don't know how this is going to go. They don't know yet, but Kannon will pick it up in a second. I'm maybe going to beg everyone I know to watch the kids. I never ask. Maybe someone will say yes. I wish that I weren't so panicked about it. If it goes well, I'd like to wait just a little bit longer, until 12-14 weeks. If it's not going well, I can't bear having to explain that to them right now.

Thursday, I need you to get here soon!

June 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I forgot to add my appointment update!
I HAVE A BABY! I was actually shocked. Seriously, stunned.

I cried when we got there because I was afraid of the outcome. I cried when I met the doctor because he's brash, and I thought, "If there's nothing in there, he won't say it nicely." I cried when the tech found the baby. I cried in the car on the way home. I cried when I picked DH up from work and showed him the pictures. I cried when I sat down to look at the pictures again. I'm a soggy mess today.

The kids were hilarious. They were awful in the waiting room, but most kids are, right? RIGHT? DS1 noticed all the baby pictures on the wall. "Mom, are you going to be pregnant soon?" I didn't answer. When the tech turned the view screen on for all of us, both kids yelled, "WHOA! Is that a baby? I hope it's a GIRL!" The tech giggled. Then she turned on the sound (I was shaking way too badly to even try to get a video), and we heard the heartbeat! The kids started jumping and yelling! "It's a dinosaur! The baby knows how to make dinosaur sounds! Our baby is SO smart!" DS2 kept asking periodically to go back to listen to the baby being a dinosaur. Then they argued all the way home about which one gets to tell which family member/friend.

The doctor wants me on specific prenatals because of some levels that have been off in the past. I DO NOT HAVE TO GO TO THE HIGH-RISK CLINIC (worst experience of my life). He seemed appalled, just by the short history he had. "No. No. You need to stay here. We'll do screenings every 4 weeks until 20 weeks, then every 2 weeks after. You don't need to go back there." I cried then, too. HUGE relief. I won't be here past 18 weeks, but it's good to know that I'll get good care until then.

Did I say that I am RELIEVED?!

I will update a photo in a little while. I'm shaking too badly to take a pic right now. Hahahahahaha

EDD: January 8th (for now, and about where I thought it was-tech said that wee one might be bigger than that, but s/he was SUPER wiggly! ADORABLE). Heart rate, a fabulous 180. Everything looked perfect. Again, shocked. Relieved. Man, I need to sleep this one off. Hahahaha

DS1 kept yelling, "I can't WAIT to tell Daddy about this baby! Is Daddy this baby's daddy, too?" Nurses couldn't stop giggling at us. Hehehehe

June 6th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Because the kids had to go with me to the appointment, I had to start telling. We told the in-laws first. They were VERY excited. Of course, they've already started in on what I need to do and not do. Ugh. Like I haven't done this before, and certainly more recently than any of them.

We had planned to let the kids tell everyone in my family the next day at DS2's birthday party, but then there was a HUGE family drama, so everything else fell by the wayside. I thought for sure that my kids would spill the beans, but with everything going on, I guess that they forgot, too. Now, I feel horribly guilty because DH's family knows, but mine doesn't. I want to tell a few friends before the kids spread it to friends I don't really know well or even like. Hahahaha I'm just far enough past the appointment, too, that I'm starting to get worried again, even though I have no good reason to. Sheesh. Can't win, huh?

I will have all sorts of scans, thanks to being high risk. I'm doing the NT scan, but I think that the doctor is using that more to check my cervix, too, to check for insufficiency. I'm happy about the extra scans because I have no idea how long it will be between the time I finish appointments here and have my first in Wyoming! I went almost 2 months during my pregnancy with DS2 because of the out-of-state move. Now I'm stressing about that. I need to stop! I can only do so much pushing and prodding with the doctors out there!

June 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
*sigh* Reading what fruit/seed/vegetable my baby is the size of this week just makes me crave that particular thing. This week, the baby is the size of a green olive. Way to grow, baby! Now, someone pass the olives!

I have found that I become less confident as the ultrasound is further in the past. I'm trying, and I'm definitely better than I was before the ultrasound, but it is still making me crazy. My next one is on the 28th, which seems like an ETERNITY away. That's the NT scan. I'm not nervous about that, really. I am a little sad that DH won't be able to come with me. DS2 has surgery the day before, and of course, someone needs to be with him. I had really hoped that DH could be there for this one. It's okay. I'm sure that he'll be able to make it for the "big" ultrasound. DH wants to find out still. I asked if he would be disappointed with either answer. Of course not. I think that other people will, though, if it's a boy. I can honestly say that happy and healthy are the only concerns that I have. I don't care if there's a penis or vagina!

My huge craving right now is watermelon, but I think that we just found out that DS2 is allergic! Yikes! I also want pineapple, and of course, DH is allergic to that. The other thing I want? Cheese eggs...and DS1 is allergic to eggs. I wonder if there's something to my cravings.

I'm craving red meat and icy things a lot again, which usually signals my anemia. I haven't heard anything from the doctor about my blood tests, though, so I am assuming that my numbers are okay, or maybe borderline.

I'm rambling, as usual. I'm just finding a way to put this all down. Now, movie night!

June 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm 10w1d (in 26 minutes, 10w2d!). My kids have STILL not spilled the beans! EEK! I think that I might have to suck it up and do it myself. That's fine, but they seem really excited about telling when they remember it. Maybe I can sort of remind them, subtly, to say something. My cousin is in town, so it would be perfect. She will be excited for us. I was going to tell my dad today, but in true my dad form, he was rushing and irritable and preoccupied and just generally not pleasant. Who wants to drop happy news on those ears?

My nausea and exhaustion are increasing. I didn't think that constipation could get any worse, but it has. I was in such pain today that I just laid down to cry. I need to figure something out! I have discovered that, while I generally hate sweets right now, I still love juicy fruits, like watermelon, grapes, cantaloupe, and pineapple. Those are the most refreshing foods for me. I had hot dogs (well heated) tonight for dinner because I wanted sauerkraut, but thought I should have protein. Hehehe I need to find a good go-to meal besides string cheese. I'm trying to keep the fruits and veggies in throughout the day, but I feel like I need different protein. Steak would be delightful, but finances tell me no.

DS2 doesn't seem to understand that this baby has to "cook" for quite a while, and that it's not an all-accessible entity. It's adorable, though. He likes to kiss my stomach, then he asks if he can hold the baby for *just* a minute. "I'll be careful. I PROMISE." Hehehehehe It melts me.

We really need to start getting ready for this move, get on the fundraising for the convention, and get a few things in order for DS2's surgery. I am wiped out, though, and I'm not even fulfilling my daily duties. UGH! Hopefully, the energy will come flooding back in a couple of weeks. That would be spectacular because I can't even think about sorting and packing! Thinking about this need to get up to pee within the next 5 minutes is MORE than enough.

OK, going to force myself to drink something. I have to work up to that, too. Nice.

June 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Just popping in to say HI and happy 10w2d!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 13th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hahahahaha Thank you! Believe me, I yelled it to DH the second the clock rolled over!

June 14th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I feel awful today! It's 1:30 in the afternoon, and I feel like I've accomplished something major because I made the kids sandwiches for lunch. I need to shower, but I can't drag myself in there yet. No sleep last night probably hurt me, and I won't be able to get much tonight! Tomorrow is DH's day off, so we planned to go to storage to sort things out, get a few things we need, and maybe even take a load from here to there in preparation for the move. At this very point in time, I do NOT see that happening. Baby, you better be flipping and jumping and twirling in there with all the energy you're sucking out of me. Do you hear me? It's never too early to learn to listen to your mama!

Of course, the other 2 kids are the ones suffering. It's hot outside, and we could be out there playing in the water, but even that is too hot for me in the direct sun! There's nowhere in the shade, so maybe I'll fill up the kiddie pool, let it heat up, then let the kids play in it tonight. That would make up for it, right? I feel so guilty with the amount of TV they're watching. I know that they want me to play with them, but I have a hard enough time even getting to the bathroom. 3-4 weeks, it gets better for most people, usually. Maybe I'll be one of those people!

I'm hoping that the family is planning to get together today. Maybe "the secret" can come out! Fingers crossed!

June 14th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I'm right there with ya. While I don't feel awful, I have ZERO energy. I slept like crap, and I, too, haven't been able to bring myself to gather the energy to shower yet. I'm spending the day catching up on all kinds of administrative paperwork around the house that requires only sitting at a desk, eating a small meal every couple hours, and no energy.

I think you should totally fill up a kiddie pool!! I wish I had one for my doggies

June 14th, 2012, 11:30 PM
DH filled the kiddie pool...and then DH watched the kids while they played in the kiddie pool this evening. I have no choice but to be up and out and have on my bright-eyed and bushy-tailed look tomorrow. I'm sure that will go over well, considering that I need to be up in less than 4 hours. I'm exhausted, but can't sleep. Awesome.

You can get the kiddie pools for $11-35 at Walmart. We got the $16 one, big enough for both kids, but not so big that we'd feel guilty leaving it behind in a move!

June 18th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Almost 11w!

June 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
11w2d! WOOHOO! So far, so good. I feel like hell, which is usually good, right?

We got to tell another person! No, I still haven't told my dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc., but one of my cousins is in town visiting. I showed her the picture of the u/s that I took with my phone. I didn't say anything. It took her a second. "No! REALLY?!" I thought that she was going to cry. My cousins are great. They are so excited for us. It feels really good to tell people I know will be excited before telling the ones who will most likely be indifferent.

The kids think that we should name the baby Zero if it's a boy, and Sally for a girl. I think that someone likes Nightmare Before Christmas!

I have no energy, and I really need to get on this fundraising if we're going to the convention next month. We've already had to cancel so many events, but with some donations, I feel like we HAVE to go. We also feel like we need to go every year as a necessary part of DS2's care. I'm getting nervous and disappointed already that we can't go. Ugh. I wonder how hard car rental companies will laugh if I call around and ask for discounts because of why we're using their car...or maybe find a mechanic to fix our car on a payment plan. I don't know. And then paying for the hotel, gas, etc. EEK! So. Much. To. Do!

If I felt better, I think that I'd be reeling out the ideas and begging more. Hahahaha But it's hard to be enthusiastic about anything but pooping and sleep right now. I need to poop. I need to sleep. I need to stop cramping so much. Nothing bad, but enough to make me feel blah and raise my hackles a little.

Of course, if I stopped doing stupid things like Skyping with my sister until 5 am, I'd probably feel better, too. HA!

I can definitely feel flutters more regularly. Several days in a row, too. It's mostly when I'm lying down, knees up. There's gas, too, but this is NOT gas. I feel reassured most days. I still have never been to the bathroom without checking the TP, but I'm not usually going JUST to check the TP now! Hey, I'll take any improvement in my neurosis that I can! I love the flutters so much. I wish that I had a Doppler. I would love for DH to be able to hear the heartbeat. He can't go to the next appointment because he has to stay with DS2, who will have had surgery the day before! I was really hoping that he could be there. It's the NT scan, and I feel like we'll get a pretty good image that day. They'll be taking their time to look at everything, so he would even probably get to see movement. Oh, well. Maybe the next time!

I have been looking at apartments in Laramie. We want to get there, find something we love, and stay in it for our whole time there, at least 5 years. I can't find anything that we can afford with 3 BR, though. Again, I'm thinking about posting a "looking for" ad on CL to let potential landlords know that we're a family with great references willing to do major upkeep on a home. I just can't imagine wanting to move in a year (I'm so tired of moving!), or wanting us to live in a 600 sq ft apartment for 5 years with kids growing. Trying not to stress over that. Trying not to stress over a lot of things. It's really the last thing I need to do!

OK, these other kids apparently expect to be fed 3 times per day with snacks between. Psh. Guess I should go tend to that.

June 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
11w2d! WOOHOO! So far, so good. I feel like hell, which is usually good, right?
Glad you are feeling bad, which in this case, is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
OK, these other kids apparently expect to be fed 3 times per day with snacks between. Psh. Guess I should go tend to that.
iamkc likes this.

June 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
OMG I just need to poop already! All the pelvic/abdominal issues are wearing me down so much! I feel like that's the one thing I should have control over, but apparently not! I totally understand why the IC is worse than usual. I totally understand the uterus/ligaments being tender. I just don't get why I can't POOOOOP! I had to drive pretty far from home today, and I had to turn around and come home because I felt so awful.

In fact, I want to write more, but I feel so terrible and am in so much pain that I need to lie down and change position. Nice.

June 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
In a few minutes, I will slide into 12 weeks. Whoa.

We have a very busy week. Today, I took the kids to the science center/kids' museum while DH was working. I wanted to make sure that I made up for the few days of lying around that we had to do. Tomorrow, I have to make calls, place orders, pick up orders, do laundry, take DS1 to my grandparents' house, then get everything ready for DS2's surgery on Wednesday. We don't know yet if he will stay overnight, so we've cleared Wednesday for anything. On Thursday, I have my NT scan. I'm so nervous. Really, really, really, ridiculously nervous. About the general stuff and not about the NT scan itself, strangely. I've never worried about the anatomy scan part. I just worry if anything is there and living every time. Whew. Deep breath. I still feel very pregnant, more and more by the day. I know, that's no sure thing, but nothing has changed drastically, so I'll call it good for now.

I decided a few days ago not to let anyone in my family know until after the scan. I lost my confidence. I hate that. But maybe I'll have a more baby-like picture on Thursday that I can share with them. That would be awesome! Of course, I'm guessing that DS1 will finally take the opportunity to tell everyone while he's staying there. HAHAHAHAHAHA Of course he would. Immediately after my family finds out, I'll have to start telling other people because of the convention (I HOPE that we get to go to the convention!).

In other, boring, repeated news: I AM EXHAUSTED! And I NEED TO POOP! Nothing is working. I'm so annoyed. I want to find the makers of Colace, which I've been taking religiously, and poop on all their doorsteps. BUT I CAN'T POOP! My plan needs some tweaking.

Also, why am I so **** itchy?! More than usual. More than more than usual.

I was terrible about eating vegetables today. It was a day of eating whatever I could fit in my piehole that wouldn't come back out. Success in that area.

I am now going to try to convince DH to stop studying and watch an episode of "Bones" with me, staying up way too late again. Gee, why am I so exhausted? Hehehehehehehe

July 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
If things would calm down, I'd remember to write in here again. Sheesh.

Repost from the regular forum about my NT scan:
I had my NT scan today. The tech couldn't really see anything on abdominal, so she tried TVU. The baby was very still. She must have felt the panic oozing from every pore because she quickly turned the sound on. Heart rate of 162 while s/he was sleeping! The tech took her time to show me several things, including the arm out to the side. BUT the baby was super stubborn. The tech was using the wand to prod me and I was pushing on my abdomen to get the baby to turn sideways. We finally decided to try abdominal again. The image wasn't great, but good enough to get measurements. Of course, the baby woke up and started moving around a lot. Every time the tech pushed down on my abdomen, the baby swatted, then kicked. Feisty! Hehehehehehe

The nasal bone was prominent, and the nuchal cord measured just 1.3mm. I was weepy and SO relieved. Blood draw didn't go so great. I can barely move my arm. The doctor gave me the go-ahead to use more Miralax. Cross your fingers.

So I regained a little confidence in telling my family. Or, rather, having my son tell my family. Hahahahahaha

I'm absolutely in love, and this was exactly the lift I needed after the last few days! WOOHOO!

(June 28th-NT scan)
And on July 4th, we had a forced announcement! Hahahahaha

We had a 4th of July BBQ at my grandparents' house yesterday. More drama unfolded with several family members, and my dad was...well, he left for various reasons. *sigh* So after all the sadness and drama, DH and I decided NOT to tell everyone. We're all sitting around after lunch, and everyone is talking (seriously, 15 people, 10 conversations-ha!), nothing happy, and I suddenly hear DS1 yell, "MOM IS HAVING A BABY!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO ONE heard except my aunt. In a playful way, she said, "Your mom is having a baby! Awww!" Obviously, she thought he was kidding. She then looked at me (while everyone is still chatting) and said, "HE says you're having a baby! Isn't that sweeeeet?" Again, in a playful way, almost teasing. She then said something else playful about it, and DS1 insisted. She looked at me to say something again, and I said, "He's not wrong." She still thought I was playing! HAHAHAHA I think that my look finally got her attention. "YOU are?" "Yes. Well, not this minute, but in January." "REALLY?!" So she yelled for everyone to be quiet and made DS1 repeat. There was some confusion. It was really funny. I was cracking up. Everyone was still bogged down by the various bad stuff going on, so it wasn't as happy as I had hoped (which is why I wanted to wait until the best possible time), but everyone seems fairly excited, at least. Now, soon, I'll have to make it Facebook official because the few people who know can't seem to stop posting hints and such. OMG! If I post something about one of my kids, posting, "Just wait 'til January 'til you have your hands REALLY full! " is NOT subtle! JEEZ!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search