Jessica's Journal for Sanity

Cupcake Commons

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cupcake Commons LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I commented on both your posts already on the main board, but again, I'm glad everything is looking good with your NT scan, and I think your announcement, though not planned, was cute!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 6th, 2012, 11:31 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I commented on both your posts already on the main board, but again, I'm glad everything is looking good with your NT scan, and I think your announcement, though not planned, was cute!
Hahahaha Leave it to the kid to get things done when it comes to spreading news, huh?
kbpeanut likes this.

July 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm 13w3d today. *I* considered myself in the second trimester 3 days ago, just because I'll be having my baby early, and because a lot of sources say that I can...and because it makes the wait time seem shorter! I am NOT trying to rush this pregnancy, but my anxiety is really getting the best of me some days. That's okay, though. I'm slowly getting more comfortable with this. If I didn't have all the other stuff going on, I don't know if I'd be more worried about the pregnancy, or less worried overall. Moot point, though, since I can't avoid any of it. Hahaha

I am exhausted and sick still. I am not loving that. I so hope that this doesn't go the way of DS1's pregnancy, when I stayed sick all the way through. In 6 days, I lost 3 lbs. Ugh. I'm sure that the OB would love to know that. I'm working on making calories count...but it's getting the food in my mouth, not throwing up, chewing it, not throwing up, swallowing it, and not throwing up that's the problem. Today, DS1 wanted green beans and spicy chili beans for lunch. It sounded TERRIBLE, but it was quite good! I'm so glad! I only ate a little, but it's still in there! We splurged yesterday to get some of my favorite food, and I could only eat the tiniest bit of it. Oh, I took home leftovers, so don't worry about that. No wasting here! Plus, I never know when it might sound good again. It does NOT sound good right now. Boo.

DS2 is still recovering from his surgery. He's so complicated to begin with, but I feel like little things keep cropping up to make it impossible for even one little thing to go smoothly for him. He's such a trooper. Hanging out in bed with him has probably been good for both of us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't have to go back into the hospital. He's miserable, I'm miserable...just not good for anyone!

We move across the country in about a month. Wow. One month. We are so unprepared. Now that my family knows, I'm hoping that someone will step up and help us move. A friend and a cousin watched the kids for a few hours last time, but no one else! No other help. If it comes down to it, I guess that we can advertise on craigslist for cheap movers. I feel like that's asking for our stuff to be broken, though. In the meantime, I am searching for an apartment like crazy, sorting and packing our stuff, and figuring out how to transfer DS2's medical equipment and care. EEEEEK!

And in the middle of all this, we're trying to figure out how to get to the convention still. We had to stop fundraising due to the pregnancy and DS2's surgery, but we got a small scholarship, so I bit the bullet and registered. Now, we just have to get a ton more money in the next 2 weeks. Uh...awesome. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm panicking because we don't have the money to shell out and not have it refunded if we're not able to go. I'm working on it. I'm also going to have to make this pregnancy Facebook official before we go! Monday, I'm thinking. I'm already a little nervous about it! Haha! I have to make costumes if we go to the convention, too, for the costume party. I can't wait to see all these kids again! It's such a wonderful support system for us, and I consider it an integral part of DS2's care. It's just that pregnancy and surgeries sometimes change your plans.

I'm rambling. Like I said, I'm still exhausted. But I think that baby is doing fine in there. It's getting more and more real. I MIGHT have to buy maternity clothes soon. Oh, I already NEED maternity clothes, but I've just been wearing giant hippie dresses. Those work just fine for now. But when we move, I'll need warmer clothes, and I have NOTHING for that. My other kids were born in warm weather or warm climate, and this one will probably be born in a blizzard. I won't have access to the same stores where we're going, either...I learned my lesson the hard way the last 2 times.

I should probably try to be productive. We'll see how long I last without vomiting. I feel like I should make this a contest. Instead of "when will the baby be born?" pools, I'll take up money for "how long can I clean without vomiting?" pools. Hint: it's usually somewhere around 5 minutes.

July 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM
13w4d, baby! I tried too hard to be too productive today, considering how I was feeling. OMG I can't get comfortable. I hurt, I'm sick, but I'm exhausted. Still have a baby in there, though, so I'm going to call today a success.

We might see my dad tomorrow. Maybe we can tell if he really knows or not! Sheesh! I hate telling people on Facebook before my dad knows, but I can only repeat it so much, right?

I find myself wondering about my 16-week appointment. I don't think that I'm supposed to have an ultrasound, but I sort of hope that I can. It might be my last appointment before our move, and I'd like one more check-in. I wonder if the tech would even be willing to guess gender then. This seems like an extremely professional office, though, so probably not. I never hear people laughing and joking with each other out in the hallways. VERY professional. No breaking the rules, eh? It would be nice to have an idea for when people ask. Really, it would be nice for us to know so that we could decide on a name before we leave the hospital this time! Hahahahaha

DS2 just fell asleep. It's 12:30. My family already asked how I would feel about getting up with a baby a few times per night again. HA! Before even being pregnant, I was already up 10 times per night to pee, about 5-15 times per night with DS2 and his machines, and 5 or 6 times per night just because. Maybe the baby will be extra courteous and fall into one of those "awake" times for him/herself. If s/he loves me...

July 7th, 2012, 10:03 PM
9 hours with the grandparents and my dad today...no one said A WORD about me being pregnant! How weird is that?! In my family, it might not be all that weird. I think that they consider it "a woman thing", like menopause, your period, or even your sex life. You just keep that to yourselves! I had to leave to pick up DH from work, and we were joking about the most inappropriate things to say in front of them regarding our sex life so that they would basically beg us to talk about the pregnancy. HAHAHAHA I was also wearing the dress that makes me look VERY pregnant. I noticed a lot of glances at my belly, but I have a feeling that my grandmother was saying the "Fatty, Fatty, Two By Four" chant in her head. Oh, well.

I had to fight temptation to go garage sale-ing this morning. I don't have money, and I was exhausted, so that helped, but I still wanted to go out *just* to see what I might find for this one. Maybe next weekend. Maybe not. I do have to go to a thrift store very soon...I might have to stroll through the baby stuff. EEEE!

July 9th, 2012, 09:18 AM
How frustrating that must have been!

August 6th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Wow. It's been a while! We got to go to Chicago, then as soon as we came back, we started packing like crazy to move across the country! My sister decided to visit, and we agreed to have a joint birthday party for her daughter and my son. So, we've been busy. The truck arrives on Friday, will be picked up Wednesday, and we start our long drive Thursday! WHEW! DH is working full-time until Friday. The job added hours, changed hours, and now, I'm fully packing by myself. This isn't fun! I'm on restrictions, so I can't lift very much. I'm so not used to that. I am usually the "heavy lifter" and the go-to girl for all things moving. Not this time! I'm almost embarrassed by it, which is a really weird attitude to have, I know.

We decided to find out the gender this time, and I'm so incredibly excited! We didn't find out with the other two, so this will be entirely new. We also hope to avoid being asked, in whichever case, "Did you really want a girl?" I really want a child who doesn't have to suffer. I will love him/her completely, healthy or not, boy or girl, but top of my list is definitely not wanting a child who has to suffer so much! If we have a girl, I will be excited because she will be a different experience, I suppose. (Though, to be fair, every child is a different experience. I feel like I don't make enough differentiation to care so much if this is a boy or girl.) If this is a boy, how fun will it be to have a little troop of boys? We find out on the 13th. I'm excited just to find out something new!

I'm 18 weeks, since it's after midnight. I still can't believe that I've made it this far. Amazing. I'm going crazy with anticipation. Not that I've fully left behind that nervous feeling. I know that anything can happen at any time. But I definitely feel more excited. I'm finally starting to plan for WHEN the baby comes, not IF. This is huge. I'm sure that I'll feel better after Monday's appointment, too. EEEEE! I get to see my baby again!

So much to do, so I really should get back to it. I've had to sit down and rest much more and much earlier than with the other 2. I might be getting old! Hahahahaha I also look incredibly pregnant already. Wow. I'm just going to get bigger. Unbelievable.

Really...getting back to it now. I'd hate to have to explain to everyone that we're not packed because I had to play on JM.

August 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
We find out boy/girl on Monday. Wow. I can't believe that we're actually finding out this time! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We're still packing. All weekend will be filled with that nasty chore. I hate it so much! But nice people are coming on Monday to help us load, so it needs to be at least mostly done! I've been doing too much. Everything hurts, and I'm cramping A LOT. I'm glad to have DH fully available now to move things around for me. Maybe things will go faster now!

Speaking of packing...I should do that, huh? I have no idea how this will get done!

August 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Today is the day! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hate packing, so I totally feel your pain!

Can't wait for your update! (I shall check the main boards too!)

August 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Veteran
Wow! Jessica, you probably don't remember me, but I come back into the January 2013 Due Date Club once in a while to see how everyone is doing, especially you. I think I bonded in my own way with you when you cried with me during my m/c. I will always remember your empathy. I popped in just now, and I am SO happy to see that things are going well for you!! You had some scares in the beginning!! I see many other familiar names too! Soooo happy for all the mommies here!! Yes!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search