Karin and Scooter's First Pregnancy Journal!

Cupcake Commons

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cupcake Commons LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Veteran
yay for another journal to stalk!

and as for poop pictures, i have a happy little poop emoticon on my cellphone, if only JM could import it...

remember "if you don't eat, you don't poop; if you don't poop, you die!"
June 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
7w6d
Hi Ladies, just a quick update today. We were out yesterday doing this and that (mostly related to DH new bike), then he worked in the garage most of the afternoon while I took a luxurious nap with Peanut. We ended up going to Red Robin for dinner, and while a burger sounded nasty, a patty melt sounded yummy...and it was!

This morning, DH slept in a bit, then we went to get bagels (as we do most Sunday mornings). We came home, showered, DH is doing a quick work thing, then we're headed to the San Diego County Fair! We are excited. The weather is supposed to be 88 and sun by our house in the desert, and about 75 and sunny by the coast (where the fair is). In the years we've lived here, we've never gone to the fair, and we have no clue why! So, today was either beach or fair. Once we saw the cooler weather by the coast, we opted for fair. We got our tix at the grocery store on the way back from breakfast (discounted+no line), and we're headed out soon. I'm excited...should be a good time. My only complaint is the fact that I have only 1 pair of shorts left that sort of fit me, and by sort of, I mean, they button, but that's about it. I may, in fact, change into a skirt (made of tshirt material). It looks fancier, but is a helluva lot more comfy.

Anyhow, just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been keeping up on my phone, but not posting as much, as per usual for a weekend.

Symptom-wise, yesterday, I got my first hint of m/s, just a tidbit of quease. Nothing a little rest didn't solve, but it was there. Today, I feel good. Short of my pants that don't fit, I'm all good today. We decided it was better to hit the fair now, while we know that I'm feeling ok, rather than wait until another weekend, when who knows how things might change.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, and for those celebrating Fathers Day, having a wonderful day!

Oh ya, tomorrow I'm 8w, and it's my next scan....830am PST. Will check in after I get home!

xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Expecting #1
Glad you started a journal here! Can't wait to hear about your appointment today!

June 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
8w0d
Morning ladies!
I hope everyone had a good weekend. We did, busy, but good. We spent yesterday at the San Diego County Fair. It was a lot of fun, the weather wasn't as nice down by the coast as I would have liked, so I was a bit chilly, but otherwise, it was a good time. I kept my fair food intake to a minimum, though the deep fried Kool Aid at the end of the day didn't sit very well!

We got home around 630, called my dad to chat for Fathers Day, then I had to lie down on the couch, since I was feeling icky. It was hard to tell if it was from the fair food or m/s, but it felt more like m/s. I went to bed, finally, around 10, but only after sleeping for almost 2 hours on the couch. We didn't need dinner so that was nice. I slept ok, not bad, not great.

This morning, we had our 8w scan at the RE. We were nervous, but still quite optimistic. I felt pretty pregnant all weekend. The start of m/s on Sat, bloating, tired, etc.

We got there, and the RE started the scan. She said to give her a minute or two to orient herself, and sure enough, after just a few seconds, she said, there it is, and there's the heartrate, so everything is great!

She did a bunch of measurements. My ovaries are still not real happy, both are measuring fairly large still. They are starting to go down, so she's not worried. This is what happened in-between my stim cycles...and I ended up having to wait 3 weeks before we could start the second cycle. She's not worried, so neither are we.

Scooter is measuring just on target at 8w0d. She took measurements of the yolk sac, crown to rump, etc, but I didn't get any of those noted. I was just fixated, as was DH, with looking at Scooter on the screen. He/she has grown so much in the last 2 weeks! You can see the head, and DH even said he could see 2 of the heart chambers when they did a massive zoom in. I didn't see that, I just wanted to look at Scooter as a whole.

We are elated. Our RE kept saying "I can't believe you are pregnant". This was a long shot, we all knew it, so for us to be looking this good, is a small miracle. Clearly, we are not the only ones that think that way.

So, next steps. We have our return/final RE appointment on July 2 - at 10w0d. That will be my last appointment with the RE. Then later that week or the following, I will see my regular doctor - a perinatologist/high risk OB. Things are looking good. I will stop my meds (estrogen & progesterone) at 9w0d, so I am very excited about that. It's annoying to do the suppositories every morning and night, and the estrogen patches leave really annoying sticker marks all over my abdomen. Not that anyone sees it, but it looks gross.

So, that's where we are. We feel more confident each day. On the way back from the doctor, I asked DH if he was excited, and for the first time, he smiled huge, nodded, and said "Yeah. It's real now." Until today, I think we've both been so cautious and afraid to get too attached. But we feel better today. The best part is, the nurse gave me a picture! We are not supposed to get pictures until we "graduate" at 10w, so when I came out of the room and she handed it to me, I said "I GET A PICTURE??" She said "With me you do!" I jumped around the office and held it high. The ladies all just giggled. They are all so happy for us. We were a long shot, and EVERYONE knew it. This was a win for everyone.

Here's hoping for another perfect 2 weeks.

x

PS. Happy Monday!
plan4fate likes this.

June 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
OH karin yay. I was so happy to read this upon waking up! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY scoooter. I'm so glad he/she looked so perfect.Where is this itty bitty scootery pic you speak of? I need to oooooooh and aaaaaaaaaaah over precious mini peanut!

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
June 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks Crystal...we are pretty darn pleased!

I should have mentioned that I will post the u/s picture a bit later. I have a ton of crap to do, since I didn't do diddly squat all weekend. I want to get ahead of the crappy feeling that will set in this afternoon...will post u/s pic later, and belly pics starting tomorrow, perhaps.

x

June 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
but but scooter pictures lol Ok ok i'll wait. I'll be looking when I get home though! 5:00 SHARP hahahahaha. ok and probably on my phone while I'm still gone! Yes I am a karin stalker. I should have a blinkie. Anyways, I am so so so happy for you. Joe says who is scooter! OH Sweet! so that is man code for he is super happy for you too.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
June 18th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Karin that's great news, I'm so so happy the u/s went well and that scooter is growing away. What's great is that I could hear that your sounding more relaxed in your post today and I'm glad that P is getting excited now too!

Sorry that fair food didn't sit too well, I'm not sure what koolaid is but fried things from the fair sound a abit dodgy in general lol!

I'm really looking forward to seeing that picture of your cutie pie later!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 18th, 2012, 11:47 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

June 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad it went well and you got a pic! Was Scooter scooting around at all?

June 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Nope, Scooter wasn't scooting too much, at least that we saw. We saw the heart flickering away, but no movement. It was hard to tell, she was moving the thing around a lot. Then she and DH kept making me laugh, so I was messing everything up too.

June 18th, 2012, 06:06 PM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
so happy for you Karin. What a miracle! Can't wait to see pics of Scooter!

June 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I forgot to post the link to the scan pics. They will all be HERE

June 18th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut
Nope, Scooter wasn't scooting too much, at least that we saw. We saw the heart flickering away, but no movement. It was hard to tell, she was moving the thing around a lot. Then she and DH kept making me laugh, so I was messing everything up too.
I couldn't remember when they start moving but I think you were right on the cusp. A healthy Scooter is the most important thing!

June 19th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So happy Scooter has a nice heartbeat and things are going well!! Wait until your 10w scan....baby will look completely different and be moving around like a champ

June 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Expecting #1
Glad the appointment went well and you got a picture. That was very sweet of the nurse doing the scan! Not that I wish you ill feelings, but glad the m/s arrived. It will give you daily reassurance that you are in fact pg and things are going well! Fried or greasy foods usually makes my m/s the worst so the fair food probably triggered your "ick" feeling.

June 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM
8w1d
Quick update this morning, ladies. DH and I decided that I need to get out of the house in the morning, while I still have energy. I used to spend all my free time at the Safari Park, but lately, have had no energy to do so, despite the fact that I have a ton of time (in between quarters at school), and the weather has been near perfect. I tried going last week for a couple hours, and got so tired, I had to leave. I used to be able to spend 5-6 hours easy there. Now, if I make 2 I'm happy. So, I just ate breakfast, and am going to make myself go walk the Park for an hour or two. It's not too hot yet, so it should be nice.

Symptom wise, nothing new. I have a teeny bit of cramping this morning, but it's really low, so doesn't feel anything like normal cramps. Could be from the tv u/s yesterday, could just be uterus stretching. Doesn't feel abnormal or bad, so I'm sure it's just fine. I only got up 1x to pee last night, so that's a huge victory! Granted, I've been playing catch up all morning, though.

Took my 8w belly pic last night. It's pretty remarkable how big my bloat gets by night time. Even DH just can't believe how big it looks for being so early. It's sort of comical. I will get belly pics started later this afternoon. I just wanted to wait until after yesterday's appointment to start posting them.

I will check in later...hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!
x
Coley likes this.

June 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad to hear Scooter is looking perfect!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
June 20th, 2012, 08:47 AM
8w2d - Morning
Nothing much to report. I went to bed last night after feeling pretty crummy all night. I couldn't bring myself to eat anything normal for dinner, so I had a bowl of grape nuts, my leftover swedish pancakes from sunday breakfast, and a ton of grapes. I didn't feel sick or anything, just not right. Seems to be an increasing trend in the evening hours. DH went to bed with me too, at 10pm. He usually stays up a little and watches tv, but he was already falling asleep on the couch too.

I didn't sleep well, but that's nothing new. I got up to pee so much I lost count. I couldn't get comfortable, except on my back. Then every time I'd wake up on my back, I'd freak out b/c I wasn't on my left side (supposed to be best). I know it's not a complete no-no to sleep on your back, but somehow in the middle of the night when you aren't fully awake/aware, it becomes a mortal sin.

When I finally got up this morning, I had sort of a funky feeling in my tummy, and of course, loads of awesome gas that just made DH laugh. It was pretty funny though. I'm pretty sure I was tooting all through the night as well.

I got up, fed the dogs, did all the dishes from yesterday (can't bring myself to do them at night, which bothers me to no end), took out the recycling (was piling up), and ate breakfast (waffles today). I feel much better now that I ate.

Today is my last day before school starts tomorrow. I ended up making a change to my school plan, though I'm not sure it will work out the best timing-wise.

My original plan was to complete 3 certifications: Zoo & Aquarium Science (ZAS), Exotic Animal Training (EAT), and Wildlife Rehabilitation (WR). As thing stood at the end of last term, I had completed ZAS, and only needed 3 more classes to complete the other 2. Two are offered this term, and one is offered in the Fall. So, at the end of November/early December, I would have completed all 3 programs in just over a year of full time study. Not too shabby. Well, in true Karin form, I had to be an overachiever.

Since some of the classes count for more than one program (i.e. a required course for one program could count as an elective for another), I did a little research. If I one of the classes I take this coming term was switched to another class, it would not only still count for the program I am in (just a different elective), but it would also count as a required course in a completely different program - Animal Assisted Therapy. With a little more digging, turns out that I have already completed much of the requirements for this program anyway, and if I just switch that one class this term, add one 1 class in the Fall, then one class in the Winter, I will have an entirely new certification under my belt...grand total of four.

I waffled back and forth. If I stuck with my original plan, I would have it really easy during the Fall term (Sep-Nov ish), and then I would be done. Plenty of time to chill before baby. But no, I had to make things challenging! I will be taking one class in the Winter term, which starts in Jan, and runs through March. Worst case scenario, if Jan rolls around and I don't feel I can do it, I can always just wait and take that class next time it's offered (later in the summer). No big deal. I've also thought about talking with one of my Professors, who knows me extremely well, and also happens to be the founder of the school, and seeing if he would allow me to take another course in the Fall, instead of the required course in the Winter.

Here's why that might work. The last required course in Winter I need is Practical Psychology. It's NOT about animals, it's only about human psychology. I majored in Psychology in undergrad. And I double majored in Sociology. I guarantee you that I could pass that class without doing a single lick of reading or work. I know the school would not want to grandfather me out of the class entirely (like testing out of a class in college), because they are small and likely need the tuition. But, if I offered to take a replacement class in the Fall term (i.e. there is one elective that I REALLY want to take, but it doesn't fit in my program otherwise), they would still get their tuition, and I would still complete the 4th program, and i would still be done before baby!

Win win. Sorry that was long. It's been weighing on my mind the past few weeks, and I just finally sort of figured it out. If you got through that, kudos.

Ok, so that's that. School starts tomorrow, today is my last day off, and it's supposed to be nice out. I'm going to head to the Park again this morning. Morning visits seem to work a bunch better than afternoon, when I'm far too tired to do anything productive.

So, off for now! Will check back in this afternoon!
xx

June 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow thats a lot of pre-planning for school karin, i think your plans sound reasonable/sensible though and at least you have alternatives if one doesnt work out

i hope you had a good time at the park this morning and that the weather stays nice for you. it definately sounds like your getting your m/s in the late afternoon/evening.

i did come here looking for photos btw...nudge-nudge...

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search