Karin and Scooter's First Pregnancy Journal!

Cupcake Commons

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree42Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cupcake Commons LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
She has a thread out there - naughty girl! I found it last night! She is ADORABLE

Karin, I am totally with you in spirit with the tough school decisions. I keep having to make school plans not knowing if I am pregnant or not. For example, in early April when I had to choose classes for the fall, if I had gotten pregnant that cycle, I would have been due in January. Now, maybe if I'm due in March, I might have to adjust which classes I take when in the Spring - but we'll see. So you're not alone on that. I'm trying to graduate from one program (it's a dual degree) in May, so...yeah.

I like the idea of the fourth one, and I hope you get permission to do it the way you want!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

Last edited by BabyBirdies; June 20th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
June 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
found it! that belly is cute 9even if it is bloat at 8wks!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hi Ladies, I didn't think to announce that I started posting belly pics...didn't think it was terribly appropriate. I also have them posted in the first post in my Grads journal, if that's easier for you. Thanks for stopping by, and for your kind words. My bloat is ridiculous, but I'm pregnant, so can't complain!

8w2d - Afternoon Update
Just got back from the Park, saw several friends (both human and animal), and got some good Vitamin D. I just polished of a huge salad, and now I'm not quite sure what to do with this last day before school starts. I have this photo project that I need to get at least part way done, primarily because it has overtaken my desk, and starting tomorrow, I need my desk back for school!

I need to work on a siggy...or at least start working on some ideas to submit to my fav siggy maker

Otherwise, I have nothing to do! I wish I wasn't so worn out, because normally, I would just be hanging out at the Park...but I am too tired for that. Plus, the more time I spend there, the more people I see (i.e. I know many, many people that work there), and the more they see me, the better the chances they will start speculating on my belly. Can't have that! Not just yet.

So, just wanted to pop by and check in.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Wow! I missed so much! I am not 100% caught up but I need to get to bed . I have missed so much in the last two weeks. Yay! I am so happy everything was good when they did the u/s

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 21st, 2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks Dawn

8w3d - Good Morning!
I woke up this morning, and pooped! Now THAT is what I call a good start to a day! I was still up half the night going potty, but that's just the norm it seems. I already inhaled my breakfast (2 waffles), but I am still hungry. Wonder what round 2 will bring?

Today is the first day of my summer term for school. I am excited about one of my classes (Animal Behavior), because of both the subject matter and the excellent professor I have. The other one should also be interesting, (The Human Animal Bond). I haven't had this professor before, so that will be new, but the topic sounds like it will be psychology based, which was one of my undergrad majors. I should do quite well, given my background. I just ordered my text books on Tuesday, and I think one just arrived at my door...if not both, the other should arrive later today. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime and free 2-day shipping!

Not much else to report just yet. I fell asleep on the couch about 10 minutes after finishing the yummy dinner that DH made for us last night (grilled brats and veggies). Then I woke up and started to worry, I never thought about if eating brats was ok? We used to get the uncooked/fresh ones from the local market, but as soon as I got pg, I switched to the Johnsonville Stadium Brats - not as good, but they start out fully cooked, so much safer to start. We grill them to death, so I'm thinking they should be just fine. The only risk would be listeria, and besides the fact that they start out fully cooked, I know listeria can still happen after the cooking/before packaging, so by grilling them to temperature, they should be fine, right? I think so. Even so, I will limit to once a week (we eat a LOT of brats in the summer...one of my all time fav foods!)

I finally went to bed around 10, after dozing on and off after dinner. Woke up a bajillion times to pee throughout the night. Feel really good this morning, just hungrier than usual. Second breakfast must happen very soon.

We also woke up to the news that our good friends gave birth to their first child early this morning, a daughter named Mya. Liz (mom) went into labor early last night while eating dinner at Chick-Fil-A! Her water broke there, and they went to the hospital. Hard labor started at 3am, and she gave birth this morning to Mya around 930. The mess of this all is...she came 3 weeks early. No big deal, right? Wrong. First, baby is perfect and healthy. But, her husband just left to finish his last part of grad school in a state all the way across the country (he is now in Oregon, she is in Indiana). He was supposed to be back before the birth, but since she came early, no such luck. (First, if it were me, I don't know what they were thinking with him leaving only 3 weeks out...especially since they have no track record of when birth could happen, but that's just me, and I shan't judge!). It's sad that Dad wasn't able to get home, so they had to rely on Skype. Lucky for Mom, her MIL is staying with her this whole time while Dad is away, so she was in great hands.

Anyhow, that's all my news for this morning. I need to get my desk cleaned up from this picture project which has exploded all over where I need to do my school work. Then, school time!

I will check in later. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
x

June 21st, 2012, 02:05 PM
8w3d - Lunch Time!
Whew! Picture project maybe 60-70% complete. At least it's moved to a different part of my desk that doesn't get in the way of my school work area as much. I spent most of the morning doing that. I am very happy with how well it's coming along though. One of those things that's never fun, but when it's done, you are so happy you did it.

Then I got all my stuff for school organized. Got my syllabi printed out for my classes, then got my study guides and such all printed for this week's module. I am mostly done with the reading for one class, and the book is fascinating, so that's nice. It's always easier to read things of interest. Last term, I had a class with a book that was HORRIBLE to read. I eventually had to stop reading it because it was so complex and wordy, it felt like it was in a foreign language.

I decided that instead of cereal for lunch (b/c I had it for 2nd breakfast), I would make homemade chicken salad. I have chicken I needed to use, and I needed to cook it anyway for dinner to use in a casserole. So I cooked the chicken, then realized it was way too warm for chicken salad (which must be cold for me). So I reheated a panini that DH made for dinners the other night. Not bad the second time around, but not fulfilling. I already need a snack, and I want ice cream. I have none, however, I have an ice cream maker and all the ingredients...hmmmm....

Afternoon Project?

Tossed in a load of dog laundry too.

That's my exciting afternoon. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary.

Check back later taters!
xx

June 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
I have been craving ice cream today!!! Maybe I'll make hubby take me to the ice cream parlor tonight.

June 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Spaghetti here. I simply refuse to do much prep/cooking tonight! And sweets?! Bleh.

June 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
8w4d - Tummy Full of Pancakes Update
When I got up this morning, after being up about 10 times to potty last night, Scooter needed pancakes. So, Scooter got pancakes! I am not a morning person, and I never used to eat breakfast on the weekdays, and it's usually all I can manage to feed the dogs and make coffee, so DH thought it was awfully funny when I told him (then proceeded to start) I was making pancakes. They were just what Scooter ordered, though, but now I have a tummy ache and I am full.

Last night, uneventful. DH made a really light spaghetti dish for dinner, it was really tasty. It was something he had seen on the Food Network the night before that I was watching, but apparently, had slept through. So he tried it last night. Easy, tasty, and summery. I finally went to bed around 930, or rather went upstairs to feed the critters, then bed. I decided to get ahead of the game, and put myself in bed before I got overly tired. Good plan. I fell asleep within 2 min of lying down. I know this because I turned on the tv to a show I was watching downstairs, and it was a commercial. I didn't stay awake even long enough to see the commercial end.

Today, I need to finish my school work for the week. I got through one entire class yesterday, and I have one more to do today. Each week, I have readings from the text, a study guide, homework questions, a test, and a paper. Plus the discussion, but that comes later in the week. So yesterday, I did all that for one class. Today I will do class 2. I usually can get through all of 1 and part of 2 in one day, but yesterday I got a late start because of the picture project. I should have no problem finishing up today, and that leaves my weekend free and clear!

For those that care, I know I post a lot during the week, but I'm not typically posting on the weekends as much. On occasion, I try and update my journal for my own sake, but really I mostly just read posts from my phone, and reply/update if needed. But mostly, I weekend lurk. DH and I spend so much time during the week on our computers, that on the weekends, we try and avoid them if we can. Just so you know.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
xx

June 25th, 2012, 05:19 PM
9w0d!

Scooter Stats
How far along?: 9w0d
Total weight gain/loss: about +2lbs (but scale is broken, so that's a guess, I feel like I've lost just a bit)
Maternity clothes?: Yep. Had to make a trip to the mall this weekend as I officially have no jeans or shorts that fit comfortably. I think this is temporary, bloat.
Stretch marks?: None yet.
Best moment this week: A little bit more energy during the days.
Miss anything: Not really.
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, sour patch kids, bacon/hard boiled egg sandwiches, pancakes, cereal (grape nuts)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pizza still.
Have you started to show yet: Still just bloat from my enlarged ovaries. Might be a bit smaller than last week.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out?: In! Please stay that way.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty much happy all the time.
Looking forward to: 10w "graduation from RE" appointment/scan on Jul 2!

Whew. It's been a day. I'll apologize in advance for my journal laziness today. I'm pasting what I wrote in my TTC Grads journal, if anyone follows both.

First, we had a busy weekend. Good, but busy. Sat, breakfast, then did some gardening. Got our bunny fence back up, ran some more of the irrigation system/drip watering, since we didn't think one area was getting quite enough. Sampled our green onions...looking like those are ready any day! Yum! Then we did some stuff for DH motorcycle (whenever he gets a new bike, seems like every weekend is something related for a few months). We got home, then showered, and went to the wedding. I ended up having to not wear the dress I was planning (the big flowy one I got for the baptism), as it didn't quite hide my bump anymore. I ended up wearing an older black dress, one of my favorites, that fit ok, and it has ruching (sp?) in the mid section, so it did well enough to hid my bloat/bump. I also had on my heavy duty spanx. That, plus, my shawl that I included later in the night after the sun went down, hid things well enough.

When we got to the wedding, the ceremony was quick, then we all got in the drink line. I got water. It was bout 90 degrees and sunny, so I said I was too hot to drink yet. Nobody thought anything of it. It wasn't long before I found out that the people I didn't want to see (the woman, primarily), weren't coming. They live out of town (far), and turns out their middle child had been in the hospital. All 3 of their kids have auto-immune challenges, so this isn't terribly uncommon, but this was apparently a bad one. So they stayed home. I felt bad for them, despite my complaining. But, that made things a TON easier.

The couple we are closest with, we were seated with. Nobody seemed to notice I drank water all night. If the one girl did, she's the one I'm closest to, she wouldn't dare say a thing. I'm sure there is some speculating, but oh well. It was a nice night, the food was OUTSTANDING (for wedding food!!!), and I ate a ton. I got tired about 9, and DH was all to pleased to leave. We were having a really nice time, but our good friends just left (they spent the entire day moving into their new house), and the dance floor was just picking up (as was the drunkenness of the kids - remember, these peeps are 10 years younger). We had a super nice time, and left. Came home, crashed!

Sunday, breakfast out, then decided I needed to go shopping. We had taken the bike out on Sat and then Sun for breakfast. I always wear jeans on the bike, no matter the weather...safer. And I officially now have no jeans that fit. Not even with belly band, or the rubber band trick. There is just no way around it. I am officially out of shorts that fit too, and capris. That leaves me with 3 pairs of pants that I can wear in public (they are all either rachel pally or saint grace pants - palazzo style, if you are familiar). They are great, and I can get away with them in many situations, but not places like the Park or riding a bike. Plus, I live in the desert, I need shorts! So, DH insisted we go to the mall. I don't want to get a ton now, since I'm still early, but I just needed a couple things. I ended up with a super cute pair of khaki capris from Macy's/Destination Maternity section, which were on sale, and they are a bit big now, and are full panel, so I can probably wear them throughout. At the Motherhood Maternity store, DH made me try on jeans. I first tried shorts, but they were all hideous. When I came out of the dressing room with them on, DH says , "Um, what happened there? What's going on over there?" They were bad. Then he found jeans. First pair, sucked. Second pair, big, but good enough. I am a jeans snob. SNOB. Yes, I'm one of those that pays WAY too much for jeans. But I do, and I love them. The only thing I ever spend money on, really. Everything else is Target or big time sale. But the second pair wasn't bad. They were comfy, and though big now, wearable for a long time I think. No luck on shorts. Then since I've been craving a DQ Blizzard, I got one.

We came home, decided it was too nice to be inside, so we went up to our subdivision pool (very nice pool). There were a few people there, and so we just laid by the pool for about an hour. We got in before long, as it was really hot out (90s), and the water wasn't warm, but it felt great. When we got home, I took a rest on the couch, DH worked, then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Don't know why, we never eat out on Sundays, but DH wanted it? Whatever! It was deelish. I didn't feel well at ALL after dinner, so we came home, and I pretty much went to bed. Slept 12 hours.

Woke up this morning not feeling to hot, so laid in bed with Max and Peanut for another hour. Finally got up, had pancakes (leftovers from yesterday), and went to the Park. I didn't feel good, but I don't have too much school to do, and I wanted to get out. I wore my new capris, which was awesome, and stayed in the shade. I saw some animal friends, human friends, and the bird show. TI can say that m/s is kicking in. I felt like s**t all morning, though not nauseous, totally queasy. I tried eating a banana at the park, thinking it would help, but it almost made me ralph. I kept it down, drank some ice water, and sat in the shade. It passed. I still stayed for a bit, then I went to the grocery store, picked up a few things, forgot more than I remembered to buy, then came home.

I've spent the last hour and a half trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. I finally decided, after a bit of a process, to make a cobb salad sandwich. Whatever, it works. So what if it's 4pm?

DH is yelling at me over my chat window to go rest. So, going to do that. And will probably fall asleep, so no making fun of my belly pic that I will take later/post tomorrow, which will happen after I've made a mess of myself on the couch!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

Last edited by kbpeanut; June 26th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
June 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Just getting caught up on you and Scooter. Glad the wedding went much better than expected. Sorry you've been feeling yucky, but I know you can handle it!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
June 26th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Jenny! Thanks for popping in! Ya I am feeling yucky, but nothing I can't handle!

9w1d - Morning Ladies!
I am having all sorts of tummy troubles this morning. I don't feel nauseous or queasy, but my tummy is a mess. Maybe this is my form of m/s? Either way, it's annoying, but nothing I can't handle.

After my 4pm lunch, I wasn't really hungry for dinner, so DH just heated up some leftovers for himself. I eventually had a bowl of cereal. Which I'm very glad I did, it's helping to, ahem, move things along this morning, if you catch my drift.

I got up this morning late. I was supposed to help DH pack for his trip, but he didn't wake me up when he was supposed to. He said I looked so peaceful sleeping he just couldn't bear to wake me. I finally woke up (I think he dropped something on my foot on the bed while packing), and got him out the door for Delaware for the rest of the week. I fed the dogs, happy that Peanut is eating a little again (he hasn't eaten much this week). Even if it was rice and pancakes, he's eating. I got a little dog food down, so that's good. Made some pancakes for myself, and now just catching up here.

The weather is looking to be nice, so I'm going to head to the Park for a bit this morning, before I get too tired, and before it gets too hot. I have to run to the pet store, get dog food, a light for my crab tank, and crickets. I should really run to target, but if I get tired, that can wait. Maids come today, and it would be nice if I was out of the house when they were here. I always feel like I am in their way.

Other than that, nothing too exciting to report. I have a little school to do, but I can do that later today and tomorrow. It's not much, probably just about an hour or so of work, and I have 2 days to finish it. If I were smart, I'd get a jump start on next weeks reading. Perhaps my books will come to the Park with me.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. I'll try and get my 9w belly pics up shortly!
xx

June 26th, 2012, 04:33 PM
9w1d - Sour is the BOMB.
So, I ate my pancakes, tossed on my (new, awesome, how did i live without them) maternity capris, and went to the Park. I didn't bring my books, mostly because I forgot. I brought some snacks, a bottle of ice (that eventually melts into icy water), and went and camped by the ambassador stage for the morning. Saw many friends, human and animal, and as I was there, I munched on plain rice cakes. Whatever my tummy was doing this morning, those seemed to fix it. I hung out for a bit, saw the bird show (and more friends), another presentation, then I went to the pet store. Got the dogs some new foods (they all of a sudden don't like the food they've been eating for years.). I'm picky when it comes to what I feed them. I like them to enjoy it, but I'm finicky about buying only natural/organic foods. Got in lenghty conversaion with the guy that worked there, and ended up with 2 small bags of 2 different kinds of foods (one for Max, he has a bit of a weight problem, one for Peanut, he needs a LID, limited ingredient diet for his sensitive tummy). They didn't have the right crickets I needed, nor did they have the light for my crab habitat. Need to make a reptile store trip for those. Not unusual.

Then I went to target. Still feeling pretty darn good, but I had a few things to get, figured I could knock it out quickly. Also, my Target is one that has a grocery, and I was hoping upon hoping that they would have the ice cream I've been craving for a few days, since my grocery did not. In the parking lot, I saw that I had a bunch of email, so I took a quick look. Noticed a few board emails, so read them. Saw a friend's comment in my other journal (in TTC Grads) about sour candies. It was all I could do to keep from running directly to the snack aisle!

So, here was my basket. "Basket of Pregnancy", I call it:
* More sunblock (always in need with the amount of time I'm outside)
* Conditioner & Soap
* Travel stuff for DH (toothpastes, etc)
* Breyers Mint Choc Chip ice cream
* Ice Cream Cones
* Juicy Fruit Gum - big huge pack
* Bag of fruit slice candies (like gumdrops)
* Bag of lemon drop candies
* 2 Bags of Sour Patch Kids
* 1 Pair maternity shorts (very cute!)
* Disposable razors for DH

I think the check out lady was like "WTH?" She just glanced at my bloat, and kept her mouth shut

I don't even feel bad at all today, but as soon as I read "sour candies", I HAD to have them. Got home, had a handful, washed them down with an ice cream cone. Great lunch.

Talked to my folks quick, just to catch up, nothing big. Getting ready to have a shower, then relax on the couch with the pups tonight. Wonder what dinner will be? A bacon and hard boiled egg sandwich sounds perfect right now. Jeez!

OH! I forgot to mention earlier that as of last night, I am finally OFF my progesterone and estrogen! It is a little odd feeling, not having patches to be mindful of/change, and not having to deal with the progesterone (suppositories), or their associated mess (if you've done them, you know what I mean by that), but it's very nice also. I haven't noticed any difference, other than my bloat is going down, but that started before I stopped the meds. Either way, it's really nice to be done with those. As my RE said at the 8w appt, "Your body is making PLENTY of what you need."

So, that's that. Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
xx

June 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM
9w2d - Wednesday is Pancake Day!
Well, right now, every day is pancake day! I just finished my pancakes, and it's just too dang nice out, so I'm procrastinating school until this afternoon and heading to the Park before it gets scorching hot. Yesterday it was in the mid 90's by like 1130, so I want to be there when it's still cooler out. School can wait until this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wed! I'll check back in later!
xx
___

June 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
Just wanted to let you know I'm totally rooting for you and am excited to hear about your progress! I can't wait til your scan appointment!!!

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

June 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missadie222 View Post
Just wanted to let you know I'm totally rooting for you and am excited to hear about your progress! I can't wait til your scan appointment!!!
Awww, thanks hun! I can't wait either!!

9w2d - Bored.
Had a great day today, felt relatively normal. I slept like crap last night, but that's nothing new since I always sleep poorly when DH travels. That, plus my potty breaks. I got really hot in the middle of the night too. The temp in our bedroom is perfect for sleeping, but our down comforter is too warm for summer nights, and just the sheets alone are too cold. I think i need to get a quilt or something for summers.

I slept until 815 though, which is about 2 hours later than usual! I got up, got dressed (if you know me, this never happens), made breakfast, fed the dogs, did a little JM and email catch up, then went to the Park for the day. I felt pretty darn good, I was pleased. The heat didn't bother me, I had some triscuits and lemon candies for a snack, and a lot of ice water. I got home, and wasn't hungry for lunch, probably because i had so many triscuits! I did some school, then had an ice cream cone for a snack.

I finished up all my school for this week, took about an hour, then uploaded some pics to FB. I take so many pictures at the Safari Park, and i never upload any, so I uploaded a few for my trainer friends. They were pleased. But it's also resulted in a weird sort of chat/conversation that is occurring between us via the photo comments. So funny.

Just made a swiss+cojack grilled cheese for dinner. Despite the fact that an hour ago all I wanted was pancakes, by the time I got to the kitchen, they no longer sounded good. So I had a grilled cheese and sea salt/malt vinegar chips. Going to have ice cream cone for dessert shortly. Then bed. I was up too late last night.

DH is coming home a day early! Found out earlier today, via email from his admin (she lets me know when he'll be gone/where, etc, I can't keep track on my own). I was very pleased! So, he'll be home late tomorrow night instead of Friday night.

I hate summer TV too. I can always find something to watch on a food channel, but it's mostly reruns. I should just go to bed, but I feel like if I go to bed too early, I REALLY won't sleep through the night. I should listen to my already mommy friends when they tell me to GET SLEEP WHEN I CAN NOW. Max and Peanut are already cashed out on the couch, so clearly they are ready for bed. Ice cream, then bed. Deal.

Tomorrow is school, all day. I will update in the morning, then need to focus on school. I want to try and get everything done tomorrow, so Friday I can go play. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of the week, so I'm ok inside. Friday is supposed to be nice.

Well, hope everyone has a good night. Toodles noodles!
xx

June 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM
9w3d - Thursday is School Day!
I'm starting to get lazier and lazier about my journals. I'm still maintaining 3 - 2 pregnancy ones (one in DDC and one in TTC #1 Grads), and for now, still doing my TTC #1 journal. Lately, my DDC and Grads have been copies Oh well!

Just finished my yummy pancakes for breakfast, and getting ready to change out some laundry, then get going on school. I really want to knock out all my school work today, which won't be easy, but if I don't get too distracted, I can do it. I "only" have 2 classes this term (I usually take 3), so this is a nice break.

DH is coming home a day early, so he'll be home late tonight. I'll be asleep, but still, it's one more night he's home! I am almost done with picture project #1, all pictures are sorted and categorized roughly, just need to get a container (fire proof) to put them all in. Then, onto picture project #2. I started this a few months ago, but got busy so never finished. I have SO many pictures from the Safari Park (I would guess nearing 20,000), and I need to upload them all to SmugMug. There are so many people who want to see them, mostly people who work with the animals of which I take the pictures. But I need to sort through them...since most of the time, I'll just sit and snap away hoping that out of the 50 pictures I may take of one animal, one or two turn out. So, imagine years of those pictures, going 4-5 times a week most weeks, ya, that's a lot of pictures to go through. Right now, they are categorized by month/year. But when I upload them, I want to upload into groups by animal, and then by trainer so people can look at what they want. It will be a project that will last through this pregnancy!

Anyhow, it's already after 10, and I'm still playing on JM. Time for school! I'll be around, and will check in later!

Hope everyone is having a great day, and for those in the midst of a heat wave, stay hydrated, and stay cool!
xx

June 28th, 2012, 06:09 PM
9w3d - Annoyed.
The good - I feel pretty good today.
The bad - Except for my pancakes, I haven't really eaten real food.
The good - I did a TON of laundry!
The bad - I still have to fold it all.
The good - DH got to leave Delaware a day early.
The bad - Weather diverted his flight, now he is delayed, and is going to miss his connection.
The good - I finished all my school!
The bad - ya, no bad to that one!
The good - I am back to working on my photobook project from 3 months ago!
The bad - I still have a long way to go!

So, that's about summing up my day. Lots of goods, and lots of bads. But overall, nothing terrible. I'm just excited that tomorrow I can go play at the Park instead of doing school again!

Going to work on my photo project...Have a super night all!
xx

June 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM
9w4d - Uber quick update
The weather is gorgeous (already 80s at 930am), I am DONE with all my school for this week, and I ate breakfast. I'm feeling normal, and I have NO reason to be inside right now, so just a quick "hello!" then I'm headed to the Park!

DH finally got home last night, about 130, after his flights got diverted, then delayed, but luckily his connecting flight to SAN was also delayed, so it worked like a charm. He just got home late, but hey, he's home a day early!

I did a ton of work on a photo book project for my friend for her birthday (that was in April ) yesterday. Should be able to make more progress this afternoon!

My bloat is going down for sure. Of course it makes me worry a bit, but that's more because I've been feeling more normal than not, and aside from the peeing a million times a night and the odd food aversions/cravings, I don't really have any symptoms. I am NOT complaining, though, I'll take it! I will, of course feel better after my 10w scan on Monday.

Ok, that's my quickie update...headed to the Park!

xx Have a wonderful Friday!!

June 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
9w4d - Whew, long day!
Well, I successfully spent about 6 hours at the Park today! It was a hot one, but I stayed in the shade best I could, and kept hydrated. Saw many animal and human friends, the bird show, a few animal presentations, and the soft launch of their summer safari program. My friend Joan, one of the keepers, the one I said I had to avoid because she would guess my secret in one second, called me during the bird show. I called her back afterwards, playing phone tag. The goats were back home, and though the Kraal is still blocked off, I'm guessing she was going to sneak me back to see my goats. But we played phone tag for an hour or so. I snuck a peek through an opening of her running around with Beverly (one of the older Pygmys), so that was cute. I was super excited to see the goats and her, but on the other hand, sort of wanted to avoid the inevitable conversation if she saw me. We never connected, so that worked out well.

Now, I'm back home, hot, and just had an ice cream. Another day of bad food. I had pancakes for breakfast, but no real lunch. Just some snacks of almonds, sea salt/malt vinegar potato chips, and 2 rice cakes. WTH is that? Real food doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't sound bad, just not good. Not quite sure what dinner will be. Friday is always pizza night, but so far, that's been my only aversion. DH said he will be home "early" tonight, so that probably means by 6 instead of 7 or 8. We shall see!

A little worried about Max's one eye. He's already blind in both, and he's had previous surgery to remove a detached lens in this one. But the eye is all of a sudden misshapen. I think it's glaucoma. The main concerns with glaucoma is catching it early to avoid blindness, which can set in quickly if pressure builds up too fast, but he's already blind, and pain. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all, so I'm just sort of keeping an eye on it, so to speak. I could take him to his vet, but I know he really needs to go to his ophthalmologist. That couldn't happen until next week anyway, so I'm just waiting to see if anything changes.

Anyhow, blah blah. I'm super excited to be hosting this board now! I love hosting, and will do my best to make this a great place for all!

With that, off to work on my photo project for a bit before DH comes home...then maybe lie down for a bit. I don't feel tired, but I have a feeling I may have overdone it today! Outside in the 100 degree heat, walking around for 6 hours...ya, I shall sleep good tonight!

As per usual, I might not be around much over the weekend, though I always keep tabs on my phone. I just spend too much time on the computer during the week, and with DH traveling so much and always working late (and now me going to bed early), we hardly get any time together...so weekends are "us" time!

Hope everyone has a super great weekend!

x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search