Adie's Pregnancy Journal and other tidbits of life

Cupcake Commons

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cupcake Commons LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 10:14 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
October, 28 week update...

Well holy moly. The summer crawled by like a slo-mo snail and and then September happened. Or didn't happen. Cause it happened so fast I don't even remember it! I think it had something to do with my AWFUL BIL roommate situation and him pushing the date back and not moving out til September 8th. ALL SUMMER I had waited for the 1st, to do a bunch of things, to clean carpets, move furniture etc. And then whaddya know that week got wasted and I found myself dodging BIL's GF for an extra 8 days which actually was torture. Especially cause my birthday was on the 10th and I had planned a trip with my DH to go out of town and I wanted a bunch of things done BEFORE that. Ah well, at least it's been a while since all that and I actually HAVE gotten things done!

October also has semi-flown by, luckily with a bit more of an even keel pace.

So- since last rant/update I have:

Stayed over in Santa Cruz for a longtime girlfriend's birthday party the last weekend of August, had a terrible flu right after that that was the worse sickness I've had in years, started my last full time semester of classses in order to get my A.S. in Graphic Communication at Sac City College (including Algebra 2- a subject I know nothing about), begun working part-time helping my MIL take care of her EIGHT, yes EIGHT, adopted children (all from foster care she's a saint), cleaned the carpets of our two bedrooms FIVE times to get them to look decent, taken a birthday desert trip down to Lone Pine and camped out with DH, sis and BIL and new baby Lucy, emptied the entire garage and cleaned it, put all the new babe furniture that we had been collecting into his room, washed and folded all used baby clothes and new baby clothes and put them into various spots, helped stack about 1-2 cords of wood in a new wood bracket holder in the garage and in various places around the house, helped split at least a half cord of wood, decorated like crazy for Halloween (my fave ), learned how to sew a scalloped valance for the baby's circus theme room (will post photo), designed my own baby shower cards (will post photo) and sent them all out (still have another baby shower to make them for!), had teeth deep cleaned and scaled (Thank you Medi-Cal!), had about 3 doc appointments- all which went great, taken a WIC breastfeeding class which I actually thoroughly enjoyed, and have taken two Algebra exams after not looking at the subject (and 20 years ago HATING IT) for two decades ( I passed the first, hoping the second too!).... and I think I'll have to stop about there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite food over the past two months....

Thai food. Tom Kha and little spicy chilis and Coconut curry have saved my life the two times I got the flu/ chest thing!
Apples. Apples n cheese, apples n caramel dip homemade from Apple Hill.
Pumpkin choc chip cookies. I can't get enough of you. We have had them CONSTANTLY baked for the past month and a half. I try to limit to 2-3 a day or less!
Broccoli, cooked. Always. I love all veggies, to death. So does my husbie. We often wonder what on earth we would do if our tiny guy did not!
Brussel sprouts. I love you sprouts. I love you steamed and then browned in a little butter. I love you baked. I love you on things, I love you alone.
Gravy (veggie broth base which is so easy to whip up) and cranberry sauce next to baked butternut squash. Thanksgiving early!
The wild Alaskan halibut caught by Art's (DH) awesome aunt that is absolutely amazing tasting. Made it once baked with basil and olive oil topped with a fresh pineapple salsa that Art made and once baked with a lemon buerre blanc that blew my mind.
Sushi. Yep. I eat rolls and raw fish when I'm pregs. I break the rules. But only at 3 restaurants that I knew very well before I was pregnant- they are Japanese owned in a traditional style (meaning these types of restaurants are the ones who are so VERY PICKY about their fish being fresh and stored correctly etc.) and only raw salmon as I know that it has been flash frozen and the restaurant goes thru the fish very quickly so it is fresh fresh fish. I probably only do this because I worked at one of the places for almost 3 years and learned a lot about the true dangers of sushi and pregnancy versus American myth.
Cereal. Almost every morning Grape Nuts or Quaker All Natural Granola.
Yogurt. Plain. Organic.
Cant wait for: SATSUMA MANDARIN ORANGES. They will be ripe around here any day!!!!!!!!!!!

I started eating chicken and turkey. I haven't eaten any meat but seafood for 5-6 years maybe 8. I had some protein moments tho, where tofu or fish both sounded disgusting and chicken was making my mouth water. So I did it. And I will until I no longer crave it. HELLO Thanksgiving!

Ok.... so there's a bajillion updates. DH and I are doing great. My preg body is doing great. (Ran THREE MILES the other day with my belly band in full working mode!) I stretch almost every day, leg stretches and hip stretches. I love having our house to ourselves. Right after the BIL and his GF moved out my DH asked me " isn't it weird to be going home and know they aren't gonna be there?" and I answered "NOPE. It was WEIRD before! It always felt WEIRD knowing they MIGHT be home when I came home. Now it feels normal!"

I guess I can print these little updates out when all is said and done and paste them into my other tangible preg journal.

I think I might go run a late mile and then watch the Pretty Little Liars Halloween special with my husb. Been staying up super duper late lately. Like 2:30. And I can't help it!!! I wake up at 10 and go to bed at 2-3..... DH too. And even when I break it up with a morning appt. at 8am or something I STILL stay up til 3. So much for being pregs. I guess we are gonna have to make a night owl out of our tiny guy as well. I hope

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

Last edited by missadie222; October 25th, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
October 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wowza lady.

Many people read my journal (mostly my other one in TTC #1 Grads), and comment about how much I do, how crazy busy I seem. I don't hold a candle to you, m'dear!

I'm so glad the housing situation finally settled down. I know how it feels even to have (very welcome) house guests for a short stay, let alone for a long time. I'm glad you are starting to get everything ready for your LO!
missadie222 likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
November 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
I put this in the main forum too, but here's for my journal.

So I'm not the most traditional person....

Gone were the games, there were lots of drinkers, there were guys and gals.....
AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

We got the most adorable outfits and some great gifts. We got things like REAL German Lederhose britches for a one year old, a summer AC/DC onesie, thrifted funny 6-9 month shirts from the 80's that say "Ladies Man" and other funnies, organic cotton onesies, moustache onesie and lightning bolt onesies, adorable argyle socks from Bella, lots of overalls (alot vintage), TWO suits with bowties!, and more.

Here are some photos!
The first two are the outside and inside of the card I designed with the Dia de Los Muertos theme. We changed it to Dia De LOS VIVAS cause that means (we hope! our Spanish isn't so great!) "Day of the Alive"

I edited our actual address out... so it's not really smeared like that!

Tangy cupcakes my sis in law made for me!

People brought the yummiest snacks all evening!

I seriously love my mom for always keeping my kitchen clean when she visits! And that's my Pop.

The drinkers and smokers were of course confined to our deck... (I have a lot of these types of friends)

My sister, her new baby Lucy, and me!

Three of my most colorful friends!

Two of my oldest bestest friends came up from the Bay Area.

Boots in the kitchen.

It ended up being so fun, so many people I didn't expect showed up.

And brought the sweetest gifts!

Looking out from the gift-couch at some of our friends.

My husband hated opening the gifts publicly, but isn't that the most polite thing to do?

This photo of my sister nursing Lucy kills me! So sweet!

And to think I have another "Family" shower on the 18th! I think it will be much tamer
colette20 likes this.

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

November 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
This.is.awesome.

What an amazing time must have been had by all!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search