Ginger's Journal

Cupcake Commons

Pregnancy Journals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cupcake Commons LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 01:31 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well this long awaited pregnancy began with us TTC the Summer of 2009. In my mind, I would just stop my pills in June and be pregnant by July or August. (That's exactly what happened with my son). That didn't happen. In January of 2010 I started taking progesterone shots and tracking my temps. I just wasn't having periods at all. Later in the summer I started Metformin (a diabetic med that has a side effect of increased fertility). That didn't work. I finally took Clomid a couple months and that didn't work either. I had a positive test in October of 2010 and was so excited we told EVERYONE. It turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. After this I pretty much gave up. I decided it would just be the 3 of us and my son would just be an only child. My periods are so irregular and mostly nonexistent so I have spent a fortune taking pregnancy tests just to "make sure" every couple months that I'm not pregnant before I start some diet or ride a roller coaster or something.

FF>>This June....once again I haven't had a period in who knows when and had been sick with bronchitis for 5 weeks. We were planning to leave for Disney on June 6th so I decided to test just to have peace of mind before riding a bunch of roller coasters and BAM.....it says "PREGNANT." I was like ....is this even real? and...is the same thing just going to happen again? I actually felt depressed because I just "knew' it was going to happen again. I went to have blood drawn that very day and they said it was "definitely positive." I still felt numb and almost sad.

I told my husband that night but almost in an apologetic way. I felt like I was just lying to him and getting his hopes up again. I actually felt ashamed in some weird way. Like I made it all up the first time. I know that's silly but that's just the emotion I had for whatever reason. I guess I just felt really really stupid for telling everyone last time. People congratulated and asked how I was feeling for MONTHS after I "lost' the baby. It was just so embarrassing and hard.

Anyway...my husband totally cried and said that he had just prayed about it a few days earlier. We've never talked about it since the chemical preg. We had to tell the friends who went to disney with us (which was 3 other couples) so they would understand why i couldn't ride stuff and be myself. I felt pretty good at Disney. I was 7 weeks pg then (although I didn't know that at the time). I way over-did it toward the end of the trip though and had a really bad trip home.

The day after we got back from Disney I had my first appt. with u/s. I was 8 weeks.

I was surprised and happy but still felt like it wasn't real. We told family and a few close friends. Everyone was off the charts excited and pretty much all declared GIRL! We told our 7 year old son by showing him the above picture and he was surprisingly excited. I was so glad. He found a little frame in his room, framed the picture and carried it around with him.

4 weeks later I had another u/s at 11 weeks:

The heartbeat was over 170 and the baby was moving around like crazy! I felt really excited for the first time. <3 We took our son with us to see the live u/s and he thought it was really cool. I also decided to go ahead and post it on Facebook and tell the world.

Since Disney I've felt mild nausea and food aversions. I've felt kind of "negative" in general for some reason. I assume its just hormones. I've felt kind of reclusive too, which is not really normal for me. All I want to do is lay around, play on the internet, watch movies and read. I'm still kinda there. Especially since every shred of clothing I look at is ugly and stupid looking to me right now.

Anyway .......this is way too long but it's me trying to update starting at 15 weeks! The rest should be much shorter.

Next appt is August 8th to hear the heartbeat. August 10 we drive to Atlanta to let my Aunt (who is an u/s tech) tell us what we're having!!

I've been having some swelling this week so trying to drink more water and keep my feet up. My BP is normal as of now. I have a hx of preeclampsia. According to my dr. i've gained 2 lbs since my first appt. but I've really gained about 7 since I've been pg.

Ok....that's all for now!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

July 27th, 2012, 02:13 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
for starting a journal! Thank you for sharing your story. I can appreciate the difficulties you had conceiving this LO (I had a 3 1/2 year struggle trying to conceive this, my first). I'm so glad that your Disney trip worked out, and that you are here with us!

I have found that journaling is a great way for me to get my feelings out. Many times, my entries have zilch to do with pregnancy, just me rambling about my life. I think my journal is more like a meaningless blog.

Anyhow, after you mentioned thinking about starting to journal, I was wondering if you would! I'm very glad you did. I look forward to following your journey!
xx
mamaginger likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM
missadie222's Avatar Go Your Own Way mama2b
Thank you for sharing! I understand the reclusive thing, I am just now (last couple weeks) feeling like being social again. It doesn't help that my DH's brother (and his new girlfriends who IS ALWAYS HERE) lives here, thank God he's moving out in a month and the house will be all ours! I have never resented people being around so much.

I'm sorry you are feeling a bit negative here and there. Maybe a new outfit would help? I know I keep thinking about Fall for some reason. I'm really looking forward to it. But finding cute maternity leggings (something I am addicted to when it gets colder) is going to be hard. So I've been shopping online here and there, even just browsing is fun.

Excited to hear about August 10th! I will get my confirmation on the 13th of whether it truly is a little boy in me!

I hope the pre-e doesn't happen this time around for you. I'm not that sure about what it is but from what I've read it's not good...?

Is it from diet or blood type or something? Or just genetic?

Glad you're writing!

Vyvian Utah Everson Spark born January 10, 2013

July 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM
They actually don't really know what causes PE or how to prevent it. They said there really wasn't anything I could do to prevent getting it again. It usually starts in the third trimester and the only thing that makes it better is giving birth. I had to be induced at 36 weeks because I just kept getting worse. It can cause blindness and even death.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

July 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
They actually don't really know what causes PE or how to prevent it. They said there really wasn't anything I could do to prevent getting it again. It usually starts in the third trimester and the only thing that makes it better is giving birth. I had to be induced at 36 weeks because I just kept getting worse. It can cause blindness and even death.
Crazy. I just read more about it. I hope you don't get this time, and I hope I don't get it. I read something about Vitamin D intake in early pregnancy affecting it? It's so weird how advanced science is in SO many ways, I mean technically you can PICK the gender you want, implant a baby in someone else, etc etc.... but they still can't figure out what truly causes morning sickness or other conditions like this.

July 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Well for the first time today I actually felt like

So my house is way cleaner than its been in a while. The spare bedroom is still annoying me and the fact that I can't get in the attic. I really need to get down maternity clothes and I want to look at baby stuff. I'm ready to get the room cleaned out and start painting, putting down the new floor, etc. I'm also ready to get the bookshelf we bought for Denton's room put together before we start homeschool. All of my homeschool curriculum, bookshelf parts and other random crap are piled in the baby's room.

I looked at a website today that showed baby "parts" at 8, 12, 17 and 20 weeks and WOW...um....the girl parts look JUST like boy parts until you get to 20 weeks. IDK how in the world they tell the difference before that. So if I am having a girl as my intuition keeps telling me (and Bri's prediction ) I hope my aunt is able to tell 100% in 2 weeks! I'm ready for pink paint and getting the room ready!

Today Denton told me he's 20% "not" excited to have a baby and 130% excited. LOL He said the 20% is because sometimes babies get into your stuff and mess it up. haha It was really cute though. Thankful for the 130%

July 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginger View Post
Today Denton told me he's 20% "not" excited to have a baby and 130% excited. LOL He said the 20% is because sometimes babies get into your stuff and mess it up. haha It was really cute though. Thankful for the 130%
This is precious. I this so much!

I'm with you on the baby parts thing. I look and look, but I just don't "get" it most of the time! x

July 31st, 2012, 07:15 AM
8 more days till i hear the HB...10 more til I find out if Bri was right! Can I just sleep for the next week and half?

July 31st, 2012, 08:58 AM
I am SO thankful I have a lot planned, including vacation, in between now and my next scan (gender!!!)...I don't know how I would keep from going bonkers!

Hang in there!

July 31st, 2012, 01:45 PM
So if it's a girl her name will be: Mollie Mae (after Matt's Granny)

If it's a boy his name will be: Clayton Hugh (but we'll call him "Clay") - Hugh is after Matt's dad and my grandad. It's an ugly name but hey, we can stick it in there, right? haha We just liked Clay. <3

I'm actually surprised at how much I've started to want this to be a girl. I really was leaning towards boy before. I just feel like its a girl and will be a little shocked if it's a boy. I'm glad we finally decided on a boy name though. At least now if my aunt says, "it's a boy!" I won't be like...WHO ARE YOU!??! haha

July 31st, 2012, 02:31 PM
Both of those names are wonderful! I love Mollie Mae (esp the spelling of Mollie!), and I love Clayton too! Hugh is a family name for us as well...and in our family, "our Hugh" looks a bit like the late JFK Jr.... Not so ugly!
mamaginger likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Well I'm 16 weeks now and feeling much better...more like myself and less like a recluse. I had a few days last week where I felt really paranoid that something was wrong but since then I've really felt movement so that is reassuring. I have an OB appt tomorrow just to hear the HB and check up so that will be reassuring. Then Friday is my gender scan!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Matt fixed the attic door so I got all my maternity clothes down only to discover they are all "mediums" and I no longer wear a medium like I did when I was 25 . *sigh* there were a few" large" so I washed them but haven't tried them on yet. My boobs are ridiculous so idk if anything will fit over them. The baby's room is still a wreck. My poor husband has been working to death so I don't want to pressure him to do anything right now. I feel like once we find out what we're having he'll want to get the room ready.

I may possibly be taking a trip to VA next week with a friend and then it's back to school. I really need to get my plan together for the first week of homeschool since idk what I'm doing! I may try to get organized today.

Denton still keeps saying he wants a brother and that if it's a girl he will make her like boy things. Lol

August 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Ahhhhh .... Just heard the heartbeat this morning. It was 140 this time. So happy and excited and can't WAIT for FRIDAY!!!!!! According to my dr. I've gained 4 lbs in 16 weeks but really its about 7. I hate to gain weight at all but I know I have to. I hope I can keep it under 15. That would be nice.

August 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Today I am 17 weeks and yesterday we found out IT'S A GIRL!!!

It was such a great day! We drove to Atlanta to my aunt's office where she scanned me. All of her daughters were there watching and filming/taking pictures.

Little Mollie Mae was moving around like crazy! She was putting fingers in her mouth, kicking, moving her arms...everything! We all laughed watching her. Because she moved so much we didn't get the "greatest" pictures but we got the one that matters!

Her'es the It's a Girl shot:

Here's one of her face:

Here's my aunt scanning me with Matt and Denton watching:

And here's my fav pic of my aunt with all of us and the u/s pictures!

I have a video but couldn't get it to upload just yet. Denton's reaction was "Are you sure? I still think it's a boy. We can't be 100% sure until the baby is born...I'm still saying its a Boy....Technology can be wrong." LOL!!

So my aunt bought Mollie her very first gift before we even had the u/s!! She did not buy two gifts (boy and girl) and she did not buy a neutral gift either! She straight up bought a pink onsie!! She said she just "knew."

So today I pulled out Denton's u/s pics and showed him his boy parts and Mollie's girl parts and now he's pouting because he knows it's really a girl! haha He'll get over it.

As I assumed, knowing we are 100% having a girl, Matt got straight up this morning to go pick out paint swatches and started cleaning out the baby room. Me and Dent are going out of town tomorrow through Thursday to visit friends so I think he will work on the room while I'm gone and surprise us!

I'm so excited!!!! This picture is kind of my inspiration for the nursery:

I think we will do 3 light pink walls and one light khaki wall with the squares made out of molding. I want her monogram to go in the middle of one of the squares. I'm hoping my friend will give me her dark brown convertible crib so we can use dark furniture.

Next appt is Sept 5th. I'll have another u/s that day! I hope to get a really cute picture of her profile. Somehow we didn't get one like that yesterday. I like having the face-shot but they do look a little alien and scary on u/s! haha I want a cute little profile pic.

Anyway, I think thats all of my update...Happy Days!! Packing to go visit my BFF in VA until Thursday then home hopefully to a painted baby room and homeschool starts the very next week! Holidays and cooler weather also on the way! Can't Wait!!

August 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awwh I love it all! That nursery is adorable! Cute colors and love the dark wood. The pictures are so cute! Congrats on your baby girl! Precious!

August 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM
How fun!! I can NOT WAIT til my brother in law moves out so I can start decorating his room for a tiny one!

That ultrasound looks like a party!

August 11th, 2012, 04:21 PM
WENDYLL22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO excited for you!! congrats on the baby girl!

August 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Awwww yeah! Congrats on Team Pink!!! I love your picture with all the u/s pics and your family!

Your nursery inspiration is gorgeous!

September 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a journey! I love the name Molly Mae! It sounds so sweet! You are glowing. I know it's hard to gain weight but u look wonderful! I gained 40 and 45 with my second preg. Lol my first, the 40lb weight gain resulted in a 4lb baby girl. Couldn't blame the 36lbs on much of anything else.

I love that nursery! I love ur story! I can only imagine the shock and joy u must have felt!

Only good things ahead!
mamaginger likes this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Somebody get some cheese cause I got LOTS of Whine today... Just got $5000 worth of blood work done. I have good insurance but 10% of $5000 is still more than I want to pay but oh well. I've got to go to the MFM dr. Monday (glad they got me in that quick), my regular OB Wednesday with an other ultrasound, and the Cardiologist on Thursday. So yeah...my whole life next week will be in the dr.'s office. I guess homeschool will just have to happen when it happens. I just hope I don't have 5 zillion copays and so many extremely expensive tests/procedures done that even the 10% is unaffordable.

Whine Fest Part 2

So last night I had my family over for my mom's 60th bday. My brother cooked and me and Dent made the cake. My mom was happy and gracious and had a great time. She went on and on about how beautiful my house was and how nice all of my fall decorations looked. My brother, of course, did all the cooking (I gave him money lol) and is always happy and fun to be around. THEN there's my sister and my dad. My sister walks in stone-faced and says "Whoa...look at that belly." Like...what does that mean? You think I'm huge? Whatever. And let me just say that she's the smallest I've probably ever seen her. I swear she must weigh 110 and she's 5'8. Anyway, so then immediately after that, I invite her to come to the back yard where the kids can play on the swing set and her next comment is "OMG! Your cats have DESTROYED your deck." Yeah....they've used ONE post as a scratching post. AGain....whatever. So then she asks about my dr.'s appointments and I told her they thought I had PE again and I had to go see a MFM Dr. I purposely didn't go into any detail because I didn't want to hear all of her "Im in the medical field opinions/advice." So she goes OFF on this MFM dr. She went to her 2 years ago and claimed it took FIVE HOURS for one appt., that they told her the baby showed signs of Downs, kept finding things wrong with her and the baby...etc. She told me not to "let them do amniocentesis unless I wanted my baby aborted." Then she asks why they are sending me to her if nothing is wrong with "THE FETUS." I was like....look..even people I barely know call her MOLLIE. Ugh.....It just really annoyed the crap out of me and even though I know she is an exaggerating, negative, full of it person...it still bothered me! Ok Whine FEst Part 3.....

So then there's my dad. Our family NEVER does stuff together..especially not with all three of us kids. What does my dad do the whole time? Sits in front of the stupid tv and watches football. He was the first to fix his plate....didn't let the birthday girl or maybe even..idk...his pregnant daughter go first. Rude. He always does that. Anyway....it's MY house. If the tv isn't ON when you get here....DON'T turn it on!! When they first got there, we were outside. I had JUST sat down by the fire after being up for hours working on the cake. He sits down and says "Get that flashlight..it's turned on." There was a flashlight ON the GROUND the same distance from me and from him. So instead of getting your fat butt up and getting it, you tell your pregnant daughter to get up, bend down and pick something up off the ground??? Thankfully, my brother's GF, who doesn't have any of my family's tainted blood in her veins, OFFERED to get it for me. (Not that I was going to do it anyway because I wasn't.) But then later, while my dad's in front of the tv and my sister announces that all of the meat is gone....he oFFERS her HIS. Then when she left (early) he offers to help her carry all of her stuff and help her out . WTHeck? He treats her totally different than he treats me. One time we were all at a restaurant and he offered to pay for HER and NOT me! seriously. That's just stupid and hurtful. I know her husband never shows up for ANYTHING. Last night was no different. But that's no excuse to show her special treatment. So then today my mom tells me my sister invited her up to my uncle's in the mountains next week. Whenever any of us goes up there we ALL invite each other. She never comes. But she plans her own "private" trip and doesn't invite me? I just don't get it.

Whine Fest Part 4....I finally had a chance to make it to the mall to get some $20 maternity jeans from JC Penny. I've been wearing the same pair like every day. JC Penny seems to be the only reasonably priced place anywhere near here that sells maternity. Yes, I can shop online but I have a hard enough time finding stuff that fits and looks good in PERSON. So I get there and things look different. I ask if they moved maternity somewhere else and they said they no longer sell it. I seriously felt myself tear up. UGH!! BUT....I did find a few good things at Motherhood for way more. :*( OK...Whine Fest over...maybe....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search