We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I guess I will be the first to post my baby bee's birth story.
This pregnancy had been a very trying one for me. Through out the pregnancy little problems had come up slightly large placenta, and extra fluid. I had been planning on a home birth until I was diagnosed with Cholestasis at 30 weeks. I was told that the only cure for Cholestasis is to deliver the baby. My midwives told me that most OB's want to deliver at around 37 weeks because the the risks to the baby. Also I would need to come in weekly for NST's and appointments just to check on the baby. The pregnancy progressed with no new problems. DH and I talked about our plan and decided that we would induce on May 12th I would be 37 weeks 4 days.
We arrived at the midwife's office on Monday May 7th for our weekly NST. Baby girl passed the test with flying colors which was odd for her. She normally would hide from and or assult the monitors. I had also not felt her move much since the previous night. I mentioned this to my midwives and they seemed concerned. They told me that I could go immediately to a bio physical profile and a follow up NST or I could choose to go in and get induced. After realizing that no amount of tests would stop me from worrying we choose to go to the hospital and get induced.
We got to the hospital at 4pm got checked in and was administered Cytotec to ripen my cervix. I started at 1cm dilated and 60% effaced after 4 hours of mild contractions 2-3 min apart I had only progressed to 3 cm and 70% effaced. My midwife let me labor for another 3 hours before checking me again. At 12am we found that I was still at 3 cm and 70%. 7 hours into my induction I was told that they could do another dose of Cytotec but since I was still contracting it probably wouldn't help to do the cytotec again. My other options were letting me continue to labor on my own or start Pitocin. I was exhausted and emotional so I opted to get an epidural and start pitocin. Thankfully I was able to rest on and off all night. Because in the morning I was greeted with increased pressure. At around 8 am I was checked and found to be 7 cm and 80% effaced. At 9:40 after telling the midwife it was time I was found to be ready. I pushed for 30 min and at 10:10 am Samara Faith was born.
It was such a great moment my husband got to catch her and put her on my belly. She was crying and beautiful. She was 7lb 1oz and 20.5 in long with APGAR scores of 8 and 9 born at 37 weeks.