Do you choose your battles?

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
I can't fight him with everything or I go insane.. so sometimes I just let him get his way to avoid the fit LOL.

For example, he wears bright pink Dora Easy Ups to bed because Diego wasn't good enough. He sleeps with a million things in his bed because I don't want to deal with a fit when I take them away.. he has at least 5 stuffed animals, at least 5 books at all times, 3 or 4 blankets, a giant stuffed tiger Carlos got him from the zoo that he uses as a pillow, 2 or 3 cups of water, AND a fake hot dog.

What things does your toddler get away with?

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

April 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am learning that I can't control everything...I think that's part of my anxiety issues I've been having. A few things I'm FINALLY letting go of are :
He gets to watch tv to go to sleep
I wanted to take away his cup at bedtime, but I've given in on that as well (but only 1 I won't keep refilling it like he wants)
AND a big one...It's OK if he gets dirty! I'm usually two steps behind him keeping him out of the dirt or mud and constantly washing his face and hands. Yesterday we went to the park and after seeing how much fun he had playing in the sand I realized I had to let go of the dirt issues...little boys are supposed to get dirty

And your not the only one about the pull ups Maddie! Spencer LOVES dora and mermaid. I found several boxes on clearance for 10.00 (orig 22.00) so I got him 4 boxes of them. So what if they are pink!

April 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
^LOL!!! It cracks me up to see his little buns wearing pink

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

April 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Oh yeah, I do lots of biting my tongue. Just a few minutes ago, Jules walked to get the mail with me and she INSISTED on standing there for ten minutes putting our mailkey in everyone else's lock (the cul de sac has one of those mailboxes that have a slot for everyone). I just sat down and counted my toes while she did her thing, even though it's cold today and I was tired!

I've really given in on letting her sleep in our bed lol I'm so bad. I like cuddling with her at the end of the day, and she sleeps longer in our bed, so I've been giving in and not making her stay in her room when she wakes up at 11 or 12am. Bad habit, I know!
April 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I give in about food a lot. He will never ever finish his plate and a lot of times it's a big struggle to get him to eat anything at meal times but then he'll ask for snacks all day long. So if he really doesn't want to eat something I won't make him, or if I know he'll eat more if I let him eat on the tv trays in front of a movie I'll let him. And sometimes I'll let him have a second (or third) snack as long as it's not junk.

I also let him get away with not cleaning up his toys too much. I have to stop this because I don't let Haley get away with it and it's not fair but sometimes it's just so much easier to pick up 5 things then fight with him for an hour to do it.

I am pretty tough sometimes though, I'm very stubborn. I never give in to tantrums or talking back, saying no, hitting and all that.

April 30th, 2008, 11:54 AM
little_pockit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to little_pockit
i'm pretty easy going. the only thing i am really set on is bedtime and discipline. i don't let them run over me, though. i'm easy going, not a push over. as far as the kids go, anyhow.
April 30th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
I give in on things like having his bedroom light on at bedtime and sometimes let him watch TV to go to sleep because at the end of the day, I am too tired to fight with him about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search