How many Dyson owners do we have??

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you own a Dyson?
Yes 14 53.85%
No 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
KnKMom's Avatar Divorced, working mom
Send a message via Yahoo to KnKMom
Megan's thread about the relationship with her Dyson got me thinking.......I know we have quite a few Dyson owners in this PR, but just how many do we actually have?????
May 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
~*Melanie*~
I have one, I got it for Christmas.
May 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
I got mine a couple years ago...it is GREAT!!!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
May 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I’d give my right arm for one but that’ll be a purchase to save up for.

May 23rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've had ours for about 3 years now! LOVE it!
May 23rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got ours 1-2 yrs ago. Someone here posted a link to a great deal on one... who was it? Julie? Jaime?

I used to RARELY vacuum -- I left that job up to Thatch -- but now I vacuum all the time! I love our Dyson! I think there's a problem with the suction, though, b/c lately it makes this funky swooshing sound when I try to use the attachments.

May 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
maymay
Thanks to JM I've had one for about a year..........when we get our basement finished I told DH I want to get the Dyson Slim to keep down there....anyone have the Slim Dyson?
May 23rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
We ALMOST got one. But we got a Kenmore vacuum instead. It had the same amount of suction for $100 less, plus it has a dirt sensor. I love it. One of the downsides for the Dyson for us was that in order to get the thing fixed while under warranty you have to send it away, whereas with the Kenmore we can just bring it into Sears.
May 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
I don't have one, nor do I want one. I'm just not one to get excited about appliances. *shrugs* I dunno, I might feel differently if SuperDog was a breed that actually sheds. She's 5 years old and we've never found a single dog hair so the Dyson holds no appeal for me. Guess I'm the oddball!

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
May 23rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've got one and now that he's sucking again...everything is FINE and DANDY!!!

May 23rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I had carpeting instead of all hardwood floors, I would want a Dyson. I have a Rainbow. Of course mine is an old model. My dad saw the demonstration, and actually started selling them on the side for a while. He also went threw a phase buying them on Ebay, so that's where I got mine from. It's nice, because I never have to buy bags, it never looses power, it's just kind of a pain because you HAVE do dump the water after you use it because it will start to stink and you can't store it w/ water, because it can damage the machine.
May 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
Quote:
Thanks to JM I've had one for about a year..........when we get our basement finished I told DH I want to get the Dyson Slim to keep down there....anyone have the Slim Dyson?[/b]

No, but I want one too!!! I would love it for the UPSTAIRS...those dysons are SO heavy! I hate lugging it up and down the stairs everyday!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
May 23rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
dont own one but would so love to have on cause Ive heard its amazing. Infact all of you rave about it and seeing how must other vacuums end up being a PITA I just hope one day we'll own one as well.

May 23rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
*Jaime*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one! I've had it for a couple of years....

Funny story (well, kind of..) My dad was over last Saturday and saw my Dyson in the Living Room. He said that he saw the commercial for the new Dyson Ball where the guy says that the ball is the best, you'll never want a regular vacuum again, blah, blah. So he went to Sears to see how much it was. I guess he gave the salesman a hard time (you would have to know my dad to understand ) because he wanted to know why the other Dyson's weren't dirt (excuse the pun) cheap since the Dyson man said himself that no vacuum is as good as the ball.... *sigh* (This is the same man that argued with the ticket taker at Sesame Place when I was 5 because he insisted he shouldn't have to pay an admission price for himself since there are no rides for adults and it's their rule that kids must be accompanied by an adult... he didn't win that one either )

Anyway... way off topic... LOL

May 24th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks to JM I've had one for about a year..........when we get our basement finished I told DH I want to get the Dyson Slim to keep down there....anyone have the Slim Dyson?[/b]
That's the one that Megan (H) has!
May 24th, 2008, 06:23 AM
*Sonia*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not have one but I also don't have any carpeting in my house, only hardwoods...

Emma, Alex, Leah and Sofi
May 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one! Proud member of the Dyson club, here! Megan, I was so happy to hear that you were able to save your Dyson and all is well now.

May 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
no Dyson here

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
May 24th, 2008, 04:45 PM
_Rebecca_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the roomba and wouldn't trade it for anything. It is the worlds best invention.
May 24th, 2008, 04:49 PM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
no Dyson here[/b]

Maybe one day though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search