Baby and Toddler Proofing

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
maymay
At anytime did your parents and/or In-laws ever babyproof/toddlerproof their house (gates, locks, take down breakables) when your child(ren) would come over????
May 23rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
Never. And then at the IL's house, Amber would get in supreme trouble for touching something she wasn't supposed to.
May 23rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
kmbaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! It must be something with that generation, because they mostly do not believe in baby proofing.....our parents think they should just learn that "No means No." Its very unrealistic and frustrating! So to answer the question......No.

May 24th, 2008, 06:03 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We didn't even baby proof our own house, so definitely not. Ben has never had a problem with anything dangerous and he *uusually* (I said usually! ) listens the first time he's told no.
May 24th, 2008, 06:15 AM
*Sonia*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mother babyproofed her house a bit... added a gate at the stairs, removed her most breakables from the low tables.. but that is about it...so we still need to watch the kids when we are there... The IL's and my Dad have not made any changes to their homes.

Emma, Alex, Leah and Sofi
May 24th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not really. My mom would put dangerous stuff up if we were over. But she would never get mad if they got into something that they shouldn't have. Rich's mom ran a day care out of her home when Noah and Abby were young so her house was PRETTY much baby proofed.
May 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM
maymay
Quote:
Ugh! It must be something with that generation, because they mostly do not believe in baby proofing.....our parents think they should just learn that "No means No." Its very unrealistic and frustrating! So to answer the question......No.[/b]

So ditto! Many times it's a lot more work on my part when visiting the grandparents and not so relaxing at all.
May 26th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom and dad put a baby gate up at the top of the stairs when we come to visit. (They live in a bi-level.) They started doing that when Kira was old enough to crawls, and they will continue to do it until I tell them to stop.

I think they may have also covered the exposed outlets in the den, where we put the Pack N Play when we visit.

Other than that, no baby-proofing at my parents' house and none at all at either set of in-laws'. I do actually agree with the "no means no" philosophy, though. As long as it's not something overtly dangerous, of course.

May 26th, 2008, 06:32 AM
KnKMom's Avatar Divorced, working mom
Send a message via Yahoo to KnKMom
Nope! Well, Kaeli has never been in my MIL's house- she needs to start with cleaning before she worries about babyproofing! My parents have a gate that we use to block off the basement stairs if we need to, but it doesnt get used much (there is a door at the top, so we only need it if we are downstairs and need to block off the bottom).

We actually havent really done any babyproofing in our house either, except for a few outlet plugs in Kaeli's room and around the crib in our room. Which is a good thing after Kaeli decided to stick a tweezer in an outlet at my parents house yesterday!
May 26th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No not really. However my Mom will move breakable things but that's about it. MIL doesn't have much out (breakable) when they come over and doors are shut.....however she watches and plays with the boys non-stop when we come over. We hardly have to watch them at all. She's wonderful with them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search