Lessons/Activities for your LO?

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
*Jessie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Jessie*
Are you going to start any type of Musical, Dance, Art, or Sports lessons/activities for your LO?

When will you start them?

Are you going to wait until they show an interest in the activity before starting?

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt form making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived. "
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
May 23rd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
Jehan will def. be taking swim classes this summer and possibly even a gym type tumbler class. I also want to enroll him in soccer cause he's so good with kicking and running with a ball. He's really into sports. Eventually Im going to enroll him into golf as well cause he LOVES golf. Infact we took him to the golfcourse for the first time today and he had a blast putting and watching the other golfers play.

May 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
maymay
I noticed the world of activites opens up to toddlers once they turn 3.

Ava is taking swim lessons next month. She is terribly excited and will talk about it with anyone who will listen. In the fall, once she turns 3, I am going to enroll her in some type of dance and/or some type of creative artsy class. I want her to be taking something since she won't be doing preschool until 09.
May 24th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Are you going to start any type of Musical, Dance, Art, or Sports lessons/activities for your LO? YES! Jude will start sprots as soon as he is old enough to do them. He LOVES all sports, and he's pretty good already IMO. I have a feeling he is going to be begging to do them all! He will definately take swimming at 3 on up, and he may want to do guitar lessons...he's obsessed!

When will you start them? Maybe soccer around 3 or 4. I think that is the only one that starts that early. T-ball when he's 5 or 6.

Are you going to wait until they show an interest in the activity before starting? The interest is there already!
May 24th, 2008, 04:34 AM
kmbaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband will be the 1st in line when Jake is old enough to play some type of organzied sport!!

May 24th, 2008, 06:01 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Dh started Ben's swim lessons the first summer (5 mos old). I've started teaching him drum and veeeeeeeeeery basic piano... I wouldn't even call it piano. More like general music.
May 24th, 2008, 06:18 AM
*Sonia*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you going to start any type of Musical, Dance, Art, or Sports lessons/activities for your LO? I would love to enroll Emma in ballet and probably soccer. Both of those sports start at 4 in my city The only courses available under 4 are swim and Emma has been in those since 12 months.

When will you start them? ASAP

Are you going to wait until they show an interest in the activity before starting? A little of both...

Emma, Alex, Leah and Sofi
May 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
Are you going to start any type of Musical, Dance, Art, or Sports lessons/activities for your LO? Amber started swimming lessons at 4 months (but didn't know what was going on until she was almost 18 months at her second set). She's also done her ice skating lessons, and will probably be in hockey, ballet (possibly... she loves to dance), maybe even soccer and/or t-ball.

When will you start them? Hockey, ballet and soccer start at 3, so maybe next spring/summer.

Are you going to wait until they show an interest in the activity before starting? She already shows high interest in hockey and dancing. She loves kicking balls outside, too, so I'd assume she'd enjoy soccer.
May 25th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you going to start any type of Musical, Dance, Art, or Sports lessons/activities for your LO? We're taking swim lessons this summer for 4 wks, 5 days/wk. We're also taking a class called Science is Cool, which I'm really excited about. Like Megan said, though, a lot of classes really aren't available till they're 3 yrs old, so we'll be expanding our horizons then.

I initially wanted soccer to be the first sport Thatcher started with, but now I'm thinking that t-ball might be a good option, too. I bought Thatcher a cheap set of plastic golf clubs at TRU. The FIRST thing he did with them when I gave them to him was throw a golf ball up in the air and then hit it with the golf club! I was SHOCKED, since not only does that require serious hand-eye coordination, but also b/c he's never seen baseball. Then it hit me that he has watched us play Wii tennis, so that's probably where he got the idea.

Billy Blanks teaches martial arts to toddlers in an adjacent town, so I'm thinking of starting him in classes when he's 3 (the earliest he can start) if it's still available.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search