Twilight series chit chat thread :-)

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
jamie1005's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I figured we should start one to be able to discuss the books with a spoiler warning and also to keep others from having to read our chatting if they aren't interested

Have you guys ever seen this blog: http://www.twilightguy.com

I'd heard about it for months but never looked at it until a couple of weeks ago, now I love it. Its a 19 year old guy that is reading the books, he's only on chapter 3 of New Moon, but he posts every time he finishes a chapter. He's very insightful and I love reading his observations on the chapters.

Also, do any of you listen to podcasts? I download Pottercast and now Twilight Series Theories to my IPod to listen to in the car when I'm driving back and forth to New Orleans and my doctor in Lafayette.

OH and what do you guys think of the Breaking Dawn quotes so far???? For those that don't know, every day until BD comes out, Stephanie Meyer is posting a quote from the book on her MySpace page. Here is a list of the quotes so far:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_quotes.html

</div>
July 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
First of all, THANK YOU Jamie for suggesting this book!!!
Second, this is going to be LONG. Sorry.

Let's start with Twilight... LOVED it. I had no idea what it was about before I started it.. so it was a very cool surprise for me to find out what Edward is. Stephenie Meyer is such a good writer. I love her style and her sense of humor. I can't count how many times I've laughed out loud. I LOVE when Edward says "Friends don't let friends drive drunk..... you're intoxicated by my very presence." The ending was great.. very intense. I was kind of scared reading it. I love how Edward talks about it being impossible NOT to kill her when he's sucking out James's venom.. and how he stopped anyway. Man.. I really felt like I was IN the book. Stephenie Meyer made me feel like *I* was the one falling in love. The prom was great too. She cut out a hilarious chapter about the prom though. I'll post the link. I was so mad at Bella when she ran away from Jasper and Alice.. I cried when she said "And then I carefully sealed away my heart." about her goodbye letter to Edward

*Note: SM said this was written before she "knew" Rosalie so well. The real Rosalie wouldn't have acted this way toward Bella.. which is prob. why it was cut.
Extended Prom Remix: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/tw..._promremix.pdf

(and the rest of the "outtakes" : http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_outtakes.html )

Oh, and I have heard of the Twilight Guy, but I've never read it. They post on the Twilight Lexicon when he updates and stuff.

I'll post about the other books in a bit.

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

July 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Don't read this if you haven't read New Moon.

ohhhh New Moon. New Moon... New Moon.

This book KILLED me. I cried through so much of the book. It was painful LOL! I HATED Edward for leaving. I was SOOO mad and sad. And when Sam found Bella in the woods. And how she talked about wrapping her arms around herself to hold her body in one piece.. ahh. It was soo heartbreaking. The first time through, I didn't really enjoy Jacob. I was kind of bothered that somebody else was making her happy and I didn't really buy it. So I read it again, and since I knew how the book ends, I really let myself enjoy the Jacob story. And now I love him. I would be just as happy if Bella ended up with him (which won't happen.. so I hope he finds someone else or imprints or something so he can be happy too) Anyway.. I love me some Jake. He is so cute and sweet and funny and so good for Bella. SM didn't even plan on making him a werewolf, or a big part of the story for that matter. But one day she thought it would be cool if all the Quileute (quil-yoot, btw) myths were true. And bam, Jake was a werewolf. She was editing Twilight while she was writing New Moon, so she was able to go back and add Jake into Twilight a little bit more. I loved when Jacob climbed into her window... LOVED the "Third Wheel" chapter about the movie with them and Mike.
Oh and I was so convinced Edward was really talking to Bella somehow.. (her voices) but from what I've read online, it was just Bella's subconscious trying to tell her Edward still cares about her. Because Edward would have come back for Bella the second he knew Laurent was there in the meadow (SM says so LOL) But I thought it was great. I got a kick out of Bella being dangerous LOL. The motorcycles killed me. I was laughing when she was learning to ride it.
I think the reason I love Jake so much is because he never left. Well, he did for a bit under Sam's orders.. but he didn't LEAVE like Edward did. I think I have a grudge against Edward still. For some reason, when I'm not reading, I tend to prefer Jacob. But when I'm reading, I know Bella and Edward are perfect together. Don't get me wrong, I am totally in love (haha) with Edward, I just hate that he hurt Bella so much.
Then again, the ending. AHH. I cried so hard. I hated that Bella was risking her life when she was convinced Edward didn't even want her. At first I thought that he didn't deserve to be saved by her, but I know he does. He KNOWS how wrong it was to leave her.

Sorry this is so random.. Maggie has my copy of New Moon in Vegas LOL so I'm just saying what comes to mind..
And how awesome was it when Bella put her mortality to a vote! Love that. I am so afraid of the Volturi. OMG...

ETA: Outtakes from New Moon: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/nm_outtakes.html

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

click HERE!

July 22nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Bakerybrat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Darn it! I couldn't read your last post Maddie! I'm only about halfway through New Moon.

I was amazed at how much I could relate to Bella. I was afraid it would be a silly teen romance book but I was so wrong. I love Twilight and I'm loving New Moon too. Edward...and I'm not just saying this...reminds me of Daniel in alot of ways...the mysterious little riddles..the wanting to get close and then pulling away...even the way he makes me feels when I look at him or he touches me. Even the way he speaks..kind of formal not really age appropriate..(Marine's kid...what do you expect).

I'm so excited about learning about Uley's "gang" and I can't wait to see how things develop for Jacob. I felt so good for Bella when she started coming out of her depression because of him. I could relate to that on so many levels too!

Thanks Maddie, Crystal and Jamie for introducing me to these books! I haven't read anything non baby related or without pictures in probably 3 or 4 years.

July 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Doesn't it feel great? It sounds so cheesy.. but since I started reading again, I can appreciate MYSELF more. Like.. I make sure to set aside time to read ALONE during the day.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I'm going to talk about the 4th book! Don't read any more if you haven't finished Eclipse!!

OK, the daily quotes. I think they are a really fun way to get excited about Breaking Dawn... BUT I don't think any of them are important. From most of them, I just pick up sarcasm and stuff. I'll just write what I think about each quote.

1. Alice: "I'll play you for it. Rock, paper, scissors."
Edward: "Why don't you just tell me who wins?"
Alice: "I do. Excellent."

Hilarious! LOVE Edward and Alice moments. It's like when they had that game of chess LMAO. But I have no idea what they are talking about.

2. Bella: "Oh, Mike! How will I go on?"
She has to be sarcastic, right? Again, no idea what she's talking about.

3. Tanya: "Ah, Edward. I've missed you."
insert a curse word here. I KNEW Tanya would come up in this book. Remember, she is the girl who was "interested" in Edward when they were living in Denali. And Edward turned her down... I really, really hope she isn't going to hit on him and make Bella mad. Ugh.

4. Emmett: "Oooo, scary."
ha.. no idea again. I love Emmett... My mind automatically thinks "Bella turning into a vampire" but I don't think he would be so "light" sounding about it.

5. Bella: "Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?"
LMAO I am so excited they are having a bachelor party! That is so funny. I wonder what they will do... I know Edward would never go to a strip joint.

6. Charlie: "Bells, we're up to bat."
I doubt he means baseball.... that would seem TOO obvious. But who knows. Maybe they play baseball after the wedding? Phil plays ball for a living right? That could make sense..

7. Edward: "You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
He's talking about Alice, right? She must be bugging him with her crazy wedding plans LMAO

8. Bella: "Why am I covered in feathers?"
my first thought was they got feathers thrown on them after their wedding.. but that might be weird. I dunno.

9. Alice: "No one will dare to call you plain when I'm through with you."
Bella: "Only because they're afraid you'll suck their blood."

Alice is getting her ready for her wedding..

10. Edward: "Oops."
Something that I'm trying really hard not to read too far into... something silly. Like when Bella freaks out and "attacks" him when they kiss. I bet he does it this time.

Renee: "Alice wouldn't let us do anything else. Every time we tried, she all but ripped our throats out."
probably just talking about setting up for the wedding. Or maybe their hair do's for the wedding.

I am such a nerd LOL! I don't think SM would release any major quotes.

click HERE!

July 22nd, 2008, 07:36 PM
LMAO Maddie!

Let's see, I don't have quite as much to say about the books but as far as Twilight, I had NO interest in reading it when I first heard about it. My cousin, the same one who got me hooked on HP, kept telling me about it and I pretty much tuned her out b/c I am not interested in vampires and werewolves. She kept asking me over and over if I read the book yet, after she lent it to me, had it for a couple of weeks before I started it. It took me a week to get through the first couple of chapters, then one day I just sucked it up and started to read ... I stayed up until 4am reading the entire book. The next day I got New Moon and Eclipse, I was finished reading them 2 days later and started back immediately on Twilight again! lol

***SPOILERS****

My absolute favorite scene of Eclipse was when Jacob, Bella and Edward were in the tent before the big battle. I literally kept laughing out loud the whole time. You feel so badly for both of them, though, b/c you can really get a sense for how much they love Bella ... how much it hurts Jacob that she's chosen Edward and how much it hurts Edward b/c he realizes Jacob would be better for her :-( I think that's probably the only scene in NM that I enjoyed LOL I don't like Jacob, he's annoying and I don't care that he made Bella happy, he's immature and stupid lol.

And when Bella kisses him! I just wanted to punch her! I couldn't' believe she was doing that to Edward! It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it!

OMG, how amazing is the scene when Edward proposes to Bella???? Does that not make you just love him even more????? He's so perfect, SIGH! lol

As far as the quotes, I know they aren't important to the story, I think they are all really funny and can't wait to read them in context. I love Stephanie Meyer for putting all the outtakes, play lists, etc on her website, I wish all authors would do that. I downloaded all of the songs to my IPod and have them arranged in play lists :-) I know, I'm a dork.

Oh, and Wade and I actually got in a fight over these books I'm not a very romantic or affectionate person and its something that really bothers DH. He feels like its b/c I'm not attracted to him, but its truly just b/c I'm not that kind of person. Sometimes I feel like our roles are reversed b/c he's the one always trying to do sweet, romantic things lol. Anyway, when he read the synopsis of the books and realized they were romance novels, he was hurt that I was so into them since I'm not romantic myself. He didn't talk to me for 2 days and I couldn't figure out why, so when I finally asked him, that was why! So now, I try not to gush over the books around him, but its getting so hard not to gush about Breaking Dawn coming out!!!

</div>
July 22nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
You two are nerds...lol! I couldn't read half your posts.

Awww..Poor Wade....he just wants some Vampire lovin'

Ok, just wanted to see if you guys posted anything new..then it's another chapter...chapter 14 in New Moon..then bed. I have to be up for work by 6:30am. How can I concentrate on Margins and Inventory turns when I have Vampires and Werewolves at home

July 22nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
im half way through twilight so avoiding this thread lol

July 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is Twilight the first book? How many are there in the series?

July 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclipse
4. Breaking Dawn (will be released on Aug 2nd, maaaybe the 4th in Canada)

My friend just started Twilight.. she wasn't going to start it til next week because she has finals right now and needs to study her booty off.. and she can't stop thinking about the book LOL. She said it's shoved way at the bottom of her back pack so she forgets about it... but she can't forget about it I'm gonna have my mom read it too. She read the first few Potters lol

***SPOILERS from New Moon and Eclipse***

Jamie, I am surprised how much you dislike Jacob. I love everything about him. I LOVE that he hasn't given up.. although the end of Eclipse has me freaked. I'm a little worried he's going to try and hurt Edward in BD. I loved their kiss scene before the battle though. And how Bella had to tell Jake she loves Edward more. I cried and cried... ugh.

from Stepheniemeyer.com:
"I noticed a disturbing trend various places on-line—people are ascribing the most nefarious motives to Jacob Black, insisting he has some kind of dark agenda. Some of this is due, in my opinion, to a heavy general bias in favor of vampires over werewolves. But some of it must be my fault. Apparently Jacob's intentions are not as clear to the reader as they are to me. Now, I'm not up for writing all of New Moon from Jacob's perspective (I'm dizzy at the thought), but I did want to let people look through his eyes for a bit, were they so inclined. (It was supposed to be much shorter than this but you know me.) So, if you want to know the other other side of the story, here's your chance to walk a mile in Jacob Black's shoes: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/nm_extras_jacob.pdf "

click HERE!

July 23rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Maddie! The library has a copy due back by Aug. 11th so I emailed them to reserve it for me, unless someone else already has it on hold.

July 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
That's funny. I like Jacob and I see his side of the story. maybe it's because I'm only on chapter 16. I read the synopsis on Jacob above and that's the exact perspective that I see.

BTW...I'm almost finished with New Moon so I had to run out to Target and buy Eclipse. I was going to try and wait until payday on Friday but I can't stand the thought of finishing New Moon tonight and not being able to continue. Great, I'm a Twilight nerd too.

July 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
What's really funny is I've actually BEEN IN JACOB'S SHOES - I've been in that kind of intense love-triangle before ... so you'd think I'd sympathize a little more, huh?? lolol

I can't say I dislike him, I want him to be happy ... I've heard theories of him possibly imprinting in BD, which would be great, I'd be thrilled. But I think of him as a distraction to the Bella / Edward relationship LOL. It bugs me to have to read about him. Yes, there are times when I've realized what he must be feeling, b/c like I said, I've been there and it hurts .... but there comes a time when you have to move on, and its Jacob's time! LOL

Then again, I can completely see where he's coming from, he's seen Bella at her worst, he saw what Edward leaving did to her BUT he doesn't understand why Edward did it. I hated that he left Bella, but I understand why. I think he was stupid to think she'd just forget about him, but he was trying his hardest to do what is best.

There are lots of quotes and times when its suggested that Edward has known from Twilight that Bella WILL become a vampire and that there isn't anything he can do about it. Even though Alice's visions aren't always set in stone, for some reason, I think this one is. We know Edward struggles with the decision, but I think he's really struggling with what he knows is true and his guilt for being the cause of it. It kind of puts a whole new dimension on his actions. If he knew from Twilight that it was inevitable, he HAD to do what he did in New Moon to try and save her, not only from all of the danger, but from a fate that he knew he couldn't' change. KWIM?

</div>
July 23rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Gonna talk about Breaking Dawn....

oh yeah I'm sure she will be a vampire. How mad will I be if she isn't??? I think her "special power" will have something to do with her dreams. Notice how all her dreams end up coming true? Well once she's a vampire she won't sleep and have dreams anymore, so some of that will carry over.. I think. I can't stop thinking about the dream she had where she was her grandmother in the mirror. I can't help but wonder if that means she will grow old. Gah. And something about how her brain is so "private" (how Jane and Edward can't use their *powers* on her). Part of me thinks that something crazy will happen and during the wedding it will stop (maybe Jacob will show up or something??) and Bella and Edward won't get married and she'll grow old as a human. But then I think SM wouldn't be happy with that. I am SO scared someone we love will die though. I think Carlisle is going to die, but I don't know why. And if Jake dies I will be SO mad. But SM loves Jake so I hope she wouldn't do that to me LMAO.

click HERE!

July 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Maddie...Lauren saw your avatar and keeps saying. "that's what mommy's reading!" Awwwww

July 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
ooops....laptop hiccuped...didn't mean to post twice

July 24th, 2008, 07:21 AM
LOL about Lauren ... they are so darn observant, aren't they?? lol

************BD Theory!************

Maddie - I'm not too sure about her secret power, but I think that her private mind will help her with her vampire transition (if that happens, which I think it will) ... I think that b/c her mind is so strong and private, that she will be able to sort of retreat into it during her transition and keep from being a wild newborn. I just can't see Bella as a wild, blood crazed, newborn and b/c she's so concerned about that, I think something will save her from being that way. I think her mind will only become stronger and even more untouchable, I don't necessarily think it will translate into some other kind of super power b/c Edward said that they've all had these powers before becoming vampires, they are just enhanced afterwards.

I also think that her aversion to blood will play into her being a vampire in some way - I've heard a theory that she'll be repulsed by human blood and will therefore only want animal blood, so that might be the case. I just know there's a reason for Bella to be able to smell blood as a human and get sick from it, its got to play in somewhere!

</div>
July 24th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I totally agree with everything you wrote.

Carla! Mason saw Twilight at the library and was sooo excited that he knew it was "my" book LOL! Aren't they funny?! I had to make my avatar after I finished Eclipse. I made a whole bunch of lame Twilight icons LOL!

click HERE!

July 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
so i finished twilight in a day and a half and omg i cant find new moon the book store in town wont get it until tomorrow I NEED it today lol does anyone know if you can get eclipse in paperback?

July 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I don't think you can get Eclipse in PB yet, I may be wrong, but I haven't seen it (haven't been looking though! lol) I actually need to get Twilight in hardback, Wade and I collect all the books we read, we always buy the hardbacks and take off the dust jackets.

I was thinking about starting Eclipse again this week. Breaking Dawn comes out the day of my nephew's bday party and I have another party to go to the next day, so I won't have much time to read it and I know I will be dying if I can't read it. I figure if I start Eclipse soon, I won't be finished by then b/c I'll read it slow, then I'll have an excuse to not start it. Plus, I have my 1 hour glucose test on Aug 5 and I'll need something good to read!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search