Twilight Movie

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2008, 06:56 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
Send a message via Yahoo to Madeline410
DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, how did you like it? Did you think the actors played their parts well? Did you like the sparkling effect? Did you like the meadow scene? How about the kiss scenes? Was the fight scene good? The hospital? How about the prom?

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

November 21st, 2008, 08:02 AM
OK, I LOVED it. I think they did a fabulous job of following the book, and I appreciate that more than anything. It was a bit cheesy, but come on, the book is cheesy!! Can you imagine trying to say a line like "The lion fell in love with the lamb" and NOT be cheesy about it? So I think they did a great job.

LOVE Rob as Edward. Holy cow... how many times did he make me moan? LOL! The way he looked in that winter coat.. when he said he wanted her to meet his family. His kisses though.... *SWOON* I could die just thinking about them. How he threw her back on the bed. wowza! I think I almost like the kiss at the prom better though..... the look on his was perfect. Absolutely perfect. He definitely dazzled me. Like when he was telling Bella he was standing right next to her when he saved her from the van... it was like he made me believe him HAHA!! OH! And the build up of that first kiss.... I LOVE how long it took. I didn't take a breath until it was over.

Kristen as Bella was great. I LOLd at her clumsiness. I think she kind of shakes her head too much though LOL

I loved the sparkle effect. I was nervous about it.. but they did a good job with that. The sound effect was dumb though.

The baseball scene ROCKED. Loved it!! I loved how Jasper spun the bat around.. and Rosalie's "my monkey man." And her glare when Bella called her out. That was a great scene.

Her leaving Charlie made me cry... that was so sad! And then again when she had to leave Edward.

The fight scene was awesome. I love how Alice tore his head off LOL! I loved Edwards reaction to James biting Bella. "CARLISLE! What's my other option!" swoon again!

The hospital scene was so sweet.. I loved how he kissed her forehead. Made me wish I was in the hospital LMAO.

Prom was awesome. Loved it. LOVED it!!!! EEEEE!!!

I'm going to go see it again today lol

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

click HERE!

November 21st, 2008, 09:12 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw it too!!!! I was SOOOOOOOO happy, it totally exceeded my expectations. I still hated that flying part, it looks so fake but the rest of the movie I loved, loved, loved everything!!!

I think everyone was perfectly cast, they all did phenomenally well. The relationship between Bella and Charlie especially felt so perfect. Jessica was awesome. Angela, Mike, Eric and Tyler were not at all like I had pictured them but they were all really funny and great too. And I changed my mind about the guy who plays Jasper, love him now too, I was laughing at his expressions the whole movie.
I'm seriously so surprised, I didn't even find it cheesy at all because everyone was so great.

Ditto everything you said Maddie. And WOWZA on that kiss, wish there had been more of those!

November 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM
little_pockit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to little_pockit
i absolutely loved it. we sat in the theatre all though the ending credit. heh...on the list of characters, they misspelled emmett's name!

ok, so i did like how some of the stuff was different. i do wish that the scene where jacob tells bella about the cold ones was longer, like in the book- you know, where they go to their tree stump for the first time. i LOVED the kitchen scene. how fabulous were rosalie's shoes?

oh, and the actors- i thought they did a great job. the look that bella has on her face when she is talking to her classmates-it's very much like this also, i have to say, i think taylor lautner did excellent as jacob. he was not my pick to begin with and i was kinda dreading that. BUT, i really think he did great. he makes me silently squeal. didn't want to be one of the rude ones, you know. i LOVED billy burke as charlie. the only actor i didn't care for was the kid who played sam. by now, sam should be phasing. so, he should be much taller, especially since he is 19 at the time. i loved kellan lutz as emmett and ashley greene as alice. jackson rathbone, i kept thinking he is a disney moviesurfer! heh ( they were mini shows in between shows on the disney channel-often during kim possible) but, he did a great job looking like he was in pain the whole time.

i thought the sparkling bit was a bit...not quite right. hopefully, they can fix that in the next years for breaking dawn. heh

the first kiss scene...oh my! that was something, eh? the prom kiss was much more meaningful, though. i think. it was more- sensual and intimate.

oh, i could prattle on and on all day. i am seriously thinking about taking all the kids and go see it again after school. seriously. the only thing that was scary was the one movie in the trailer. ***? that scared the crap out of me.

ok...i bet i'll add more.

oph oh!! they totally left the end open for new moon. like, they KNEW they'd be making it. so, come late 2009, early 2010, we should be itchin' to go.
November 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA you all suck lol

November 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
i bet by monday, you can download the movie via bit torrent. it was sold out all over the country last night, and many of the theatres around here are sold out for evening showings here.
November 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it was good...would have been better if i didnt have annoying teenage jacob lovers sitting next to me. ughh anyway

the sparkling part didnt do it for me, i think it was to subtle.

ita the flying this was eh, some of the camera angles thru me off, and there were some scenes i wish they would have done.
it was good tho, Dh secretly enjoyed it lol

November 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was amazizng!!!

I guess the only thing that really bothered me was Kristen/Bella shakes her head way to much.
November 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
^hahaha yeaaaaah she does! It's like she stumbles over her words TOO much. Like in the hospital when she's trying to tell him not to go.. she can't get her words out, but it's like over kill kwim?

click HERE!

November 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Quote:
So, how did you like it? Did you think the actors played their parts well? Did you like the sparkling effect? Did you like the meadow scene? How about the kiss scenes? Was the fight scene good? The hospital? How about the prom?[/b]
I liked it but I thought it was over too fast and there was so much more that I was hoping to see. I thought it was a lil rushed but I realize they can only do so much with the time alotted. I was just a lil disappointed that the relationship between Bella and Alice really didn't develop. I felt that the other characters weren't really established as well as I would have hoped (again time was an issue I get it). I think the meadow scene was far more important the way it was written in the book and I am not sure why they had to change it like that. The kiss scenes were WHOA lol The fight scene between Edward and James was great. My favorite scene from the movie was the baseball scene lol it was the most fun I thought. The hospital? Why didnt she hit her head like in the book? Mike asks her to prom instead of Tyler? Hmmmm I did like the prom scene, but if they were gonna change it up...again where was Alice? I didn't like the chick that played Rosalee, I thought the rest of the roles were well cast.

Quote:
the sparkling part didnt do it for me, i think it was to subtle.[/b]
Yeah same here. All in all I enjoyed it but I have a sneaking suspicion the next movie will have more budget to make it better (ie effects) and its just gonna keep getting better. I so wasnt ready for it to be over yet! lol I wish it was 3 hours long

November 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
ok so I just got home from watching it I loved most of it but Kristen really bugged me like she was a little over dramatic. I LOVED Rob I think he did a really good job. I laughed a lot which I wasn't expecting. Some of the effects sucked but their budget wasnt very big so i cant blame them. I'm sure new moon is going to be even better since their budget will probably be bigger. The sparkle thing was ok I think they did a good job with what they had. I loved how Rob's accent came out here and there it made me laugh. Jasper had me cracking up his expression was hilarious to me. I didn't really get the climbing up in the trees part since Bella is supposed to be really clumsy but then they get to the top and she is climbing around. I thought Carlisle was perfect and so were the rest of the cullens. I expected Alice to be shorter and small more "pixie like" but thought she was cute. I missed the original meadow scene not sure why they changed that so much. The ending was so good. I want to go see it again now lol.

November 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
I died. I almost considered refusing to move and just watching it all over again back to back! It was SO much better than I was expecting. I was afraid. But it was... Gah. The baseball scene was by far the best for me. I LOVED it. I wish it would have been even longer. I could nit pick on a few things that I didn't like, but honestly, it really is just nitpicking. Overall, I could care less about them. I didn't expect them to get the sparkle right so that's not a big deal. The shaking head thing bugged me too, but, gosh. I'm still so stinkin' in love with this movie. It made my heart hurt I loved it so much.

November 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
YAY you guys!! i'm so glad everyone likes it!!! I can't wait for Casey and Candy to see it so they can jump in this thread LOL! I can't think of one thing I didn't like.... well except the stupid sound effect when he sparkled, but that's IT. UGH. LOVE IT!!!!

click HERE!

November 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
lol yeah the sparkle sound effect was weird i dont know why they did that

it was so annoying while we were watching the movie these girls behind us were saying the lines before they were said on the movie and then there were 2 guys sitting to my right that kept making comments in a napoleon dynamite voice

November 22nd, 2008, 07:12 PM
Maddie when I saw the forks sign i was yelling ive been there haha

November 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
I keep thinking of more and more things I liked about it.

I loved it when they were in the restaurant and he was telling her how he could read minds.

'Money, Sex, Money, Sex, Money, Money,... Cat?'

lmao

And Alice when she was pitching during baseball. Jasper twirling the bat around. And Billy and Charlie goofing around. Jacob all embarassed when his dad tells Bella that he's been bugging him about coming to see her. LOL 'Good, dad. Thanks' Charlie with the gun while Edward comes over for their first date.

Gosh. I can't wait to see it again. I need the soundtrack. Bad.

I also really liked that they took quite a few lines directly from the book.

I wish the movie could have been longer.

November 22nd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Oh oh, and when Edward catches the apple and holds it all Twilight-y in the cafeteria.

November 22nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im gonna run and hide after i type this, but i think they made Jacob look kinda ugly...hes much more gorgeous IRL
when i saw the forks sign i thought hey maddie and lisa were there lol
oh and i also really liked Jasper and Emmett, actually all the Cullens were cast pretty well.

November 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
the pepper spray had me cracking up I really liked Charlie I think they got him perfect

The baseball scene was freaken awesome i LOVED it

I wonder how someone who hasn't read the book would feel about the movie. Like how in the beginning when the audience didnt know edward could read minds and he kept having this look on his face whenever he talked to Bella if I didn't know he was trying to listen to her mind I would wonder what is wrong with him lol.

November 22nd, 2008, 11:30 PM
Quote:
I keep thinking of more and more things I liked about it.

I loved it when they were in the restaurant and he was telling her how he could read minds.

'Money, Sex, Money, Sex, Money, Money,... Cat?'

lmao

And Alice when she was pitching during baseball. Jasper twirling the bat around. And Billy and Charlie goofing around. Jacob all embarassed when his dad tells Bella that he's been bugging him about coming to see her. LOL 'Good, dad. Thanks' Charlie with the gun while Edward comes over for their first date.

Gosh. I can't wait to see it again. I need the soundtrack. Bad.

I also really liked that they took quite a few lines directly from the book.

I wish the movie could have been longer.[/b]
i have the soundtrack. i loved the muse song "super massive blackhole". i played that last weeknd while i DJed. it was way popular. many people knew it...hehe. it was the song playing during the baseball scene.

i changed my headline on myspace to the "money, sex...cat" thing when we got home from the movie. hehe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search