Jovial Junebug chatter boxes

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2010, 02:10 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey! I hope everyone is doing well.

I received Brady's acceptance letter for pre-k today! He said, "cool." All non-chalantly..lol David should be home tomorrow evening. He has been gone since the 9th. I don't know if I should even be excited about that...he just goes right back to working his 14 hour days come Monday. :/ However, he made contact with an old buddy while he has been gone. He use to be in recruiting, but the guard did some downsizing at one point and that position was cut...they cut like a whole recruitment team. Well, anyway...this guy says they have funding and positions open and is REALLY interested in getting David in!!! David has knowledge of MEPs (the place they process new recruits) and strings like so many recruiters do not...since he worked there for three years. Anyway, this would bring him back to active status. Although he would still be in the guard. He would go back to making his Sgt pay and we would get Tricare back!!!! He still really wants to go active, but he says this will hold us over until he can get all the paperwork through for that. I really hope this works out. I couldn't imaging going another month (let alone 6-7) like we have been. If you pray, PLEASE say a prayer that David gets a recruiter position and FAST.....you should see our current paycheck coming in for July 1st. This is not about living in luxury, it's about surviving.

June 27th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Prayers for David for sure, NN!!!!!!

We just got back from St. Louis to meet up with my friends who have adopted from Guatemala. We had a LOT of fun and it is sooo neat seeing all the kids together!

We drove and it took us 7 hours to get there- HOLY COW! Lots of traffic due to construction... on the way home it only took 5 hours! Phew! The girls did great!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summers!!!

June 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey everyone, sorry i haven't been around but I have been sick for almost 4 weeks, seriously I can't seem to get better. I have a really bad cough, and my nose is really runny, and now my teeth are giving me problems as well as getting really bad headaches. I am so sick of being sick!
June 28th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no, Nicole!!! Have you gone to the doctor? Sounds like a sinus infection. I hope you are feeling better soon.... 4 weeks is way too long to be sick!!!

June 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM
~*Melanie*~
Hello girls! I have been neglecting this thread-- sorry!! I am really busy at work, and I am taking two courses this summer. I miss you all!
June 28th, 2010, 04:53 PM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did June end so freaking quickly?!?! We haven't been near as chatty this month. I challenge us to double our number of pages for the July thread!

Nicole, I am sorry you have been so sick. Have you been to the doctor?

Megan, it sounds like a fun time seeing your friends!

NN, is it great to have David home??? When are you going to have Evan't belated birthday party?

We went to what is called the Virginia Living Museum today with 3 of the girls I used to teach with and all of our kiddos. Lucas had such a blast. Then we went to chick fil a for lunch and came home for a much delayed nap! It was a fun day. But, when we do things like that, I feel so guilty for leaving Sydney at home with Amanda, even though I know it is what is best for her. I just hate it! blech
June 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
school is out! today was the last day, well, for the 3 big kids, Julius was done last week (Thursday)

so next year I have grade 5, 4, 3 & Kindergarten!! I am holding out hope that Sebastien can go to preschool at 2 1/2 still, so that would be late January (does that me a bad mom?)

today we rented a travel trailer (30 ft long) for august 6 for a week. so now I am planning where to stay for those days. our trip will end with a sleep study for Kiera (we were waiting for the appt since November).

we leave on the 8th to my parents, we will return on aug 1, on aug 1 we will drop Sydney off at a Catholic church camp about 3 hours south of here, where we will pick her up on aug 6. Poor Sydney won't be home much at all this summer!

School is back on Aug 30.

Busy times! i will do my best to get caught up!

June 29th, 2010, 06:43 AM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NN--I will pray that David gets that new job. Hang in there.

Nicole--I agree that you need to get to a Doctor.

Megan--That is a LONG car ride. I am glad you had a good meet-up. My friend who adopted a little girl from Mississippi always does yearly meet-ups with a group of parents that have similar multi-ethnic families. She loves going.

Brandy--Your summer trip sounds fun!

Lindsay--What is a "living museum"? The day sounds fun. Don't feel bad about leaving Sydney. I am always grateful to have time with my kids individually.

Mel--What classes are you taking?

Michael has been sick, so we have been lying low in the house...
Which is probably a good thing since yesterday was horribly hot.

We did go out at around 7:30 last night to our local elementary school so that TJ could ride his new bike while Michael played on the playground. We don't have sidewalks or any safe places to ride around our house, so we waited a long time to get him a bike. I finally bought him one last week, so we now have to drive places to ride it. It was fun. Normally, I am the one who does this sort of thing with the boys, but Tony came with us last night, so it was extra-fun for the kids.

Now I can finally exercise with the boys. TJ can ride, and I can push Michael in the stroller. I hope to do this semi-regularly. I really need to exercise.

Today I am tired. Tony and I stayed up late last night watching "Whale Wars", one of our favorite Animal Planet shows...Then Michael thought it would be a good idea to wake up at 5:45 this morning. Can you believe my husband and TJ are just rolling out of bed now at 9:45...Must be nice. Ahhh....Summer Vacation... maybe I can get a nap.
June 29th, 2010, 10:26 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to the doctor on friday, I think I have a sinus infection and perhaps phnemonia, I have never had either, but when I cough my chest hurts really bad, and I have alot of nasty mucus coming out of me! Sorry tmi.
June 30th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you are going to the doctor, Nicole!

Willow- SO fun that TJ is riding his bike around!!

LL- the museum sounds fun! So, it's a living museum? What does that mean? I'm sure it's hard to leave Sydney at home But also nice to get the one on one with Lucas ?

Brandy- you are always so busy! Your kids got out of school late huh? Or is that normal?

Not sure what we will do today... probably pool. The weather has been nice and cool, but hot this weekend! I canNOT believe it's going to be the 4th of July already!!!!

June 30th, 2010, 07:37 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Megan...whew, what a drive!! It sounds like it was worth it though.

Nicole...so sorry you are sick. It really does sound like sinus/allergies. I hope you are able to get something to help.

LL...what is the living museum? How cool that you got a day out with Lucas. I bet it was tough to leave Sydney behind...but this was probably SOOO good for Lucas.

As for David being home...pssh. That is a hideout thread. Let's just say..my fifth kid is home.

Brandy..sounds like you have a fun trip ahead. Wishes for safe travel!

Willow...I am sorry Michael is not feeling well.

The weather is amazing here today. It's suppose to barely touch 80 later. This is after weeks of high 90s and several 100 degree days. I can FINALLY breathe outside. I know it isn't going to last long, so I need to get the kids out for a little bit. Maybe playground? Brady and Nicholas have been sneezing and coughing. I have not been giving them the zyrtec, so I think they need some. Other than that...we are good. My boobs are killing me. They are ginormous...and not in the juicy way. They are all brown and veiny. I need to wear a bra at all times, but then the bra is rubbing and giving me a rash (from wearing it so long). LOL...I know you ladies wanted to hear all that...right? I am half way through week 15. So about 4 and half more weeks until I can get the big ultrasound. David and I are both terrified that if it is a girl (like everyone keeps swearing), that it will come out looking like his aunts. David's side of the family, EVERYONE looks like David. Including the females. If it's a girl, I told MIL to make sure she has a jar of wax or a razor, 'cause this baby is going to need her beard shaved when she comes out. Another reason to be scared of having a girl....Emily! OMG, she is having her time of the month, minus the actual period.

Last edited by ImustBeNuts06; June 30th, 2010 at 07:39 AM.
July 1st, 2010, 05:34 AM
~*Melanie*~
I can't stop laughing NN! Poor little baby, I am sure if it's a girl she will be beautiful!!! Hairy beard and all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search