Jovial Junebug chatter boxes

Forum: 2005 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2005 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2010, 10:45 AM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chit chat time for June!

You can tell it is summer here. Phew, it is HUMID! Blech!
June 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM
~*Melanie*~
HAHA! I was trying to think of a "J" word!!
June 1st, 2010, 02:35 PM
akafrogs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I first read the title, I thought it was a new toy or something.
June 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Don't hate on my title! I was being creative!

Anyone going on vacation this month?
June 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^Yup!! End of the month we are. To the lake with my family for 4 days/nights at a beautiful cabin. Then the next week off to Edmonton to go to the West Edmonton Mall. Should be fun!

May was such an awful month for us....weather wise and sickness...I REALLY hope June is better!!
June 1st, 2010, 05:31 PM
~*Melanie*~
We don't have any vacations planned for June. Dan and I just had our Seattle trip and the girls and I went to Chicago in April, so we are staying home for awhile!

We plan on going to Florida in September but our plans might change. My grandparents live there as well as Dan's Dad, so we usually split our trip up to visit both of them. Well, his Dad has informed us he is moving back to Virginia so our plans might change. I am trying to convince Dan we should still go and we can go to Universal Studios to go to brand new Harry Potter park! YAY! I really want to go!
June 1st, 2010, 06:27 PM
Oh Mel, I wanna go there too! I hope you get to go so you can tell us allllllllllll about it!

Andrea, that sounds like a fun trip! Is that a big mall?
June 1st, 2010, 07:23 PM
Keri K's Avatar Veteran
Mark and I were suppose to go to the beach next week but we had to cancel because of my health issues Hopefully we can reschedule for later this summer.
June 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jovial is good, I was thinking Joyful--I love June, one of my favorite months.

Sorry I have been so MIA the last week-been in a bit of a funk, and I had some family visiting. My aunt and cousin who live in Costa Rica were here over the weekend. The boys have been sick AGAIN--fevers, diarrhea for TJ, and Michael now has a bad head cold. So tired of the sickness. 3 more weeks of school here. I can't wait until Tony and I are home every single day. Hopefully the kids can get better.

I am going to have them go to Michael's daycare provider on Fridays this summer. It will give me a chance to work on some projects, and help Tony with garden stuff. I think they will have a blast too. I am looking forward to some me time as well.

Vacations sound lovely. We have no plans yet. Just being home will be fun. My dad in Colorado has a camper to give us, and if we can figure out how to buy the truck Tony wants we may go there to get it. The truck we have now isn't big enough to pull it. But, I just don't see how we can swing it financially. We will see.
June 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
We probably won't be going much of anywhere this summer. We do plan to go camping for a night or two, but we will probably be staying in IL.

Our vacation will come in October when we go to Florida. My parents have a time share and they didn't go for a few years and have an extra week, which means an extra condo. So we will have a two bed room condo, My sister and her family will have a two bedroom condo, and my parents and uncle will each have a studio.

Willow, That is so cool about the camper. Is there anyway you can rent a truck out there to bring it back? I know you will eventually need one to pull it around, but thought you could take the trip now, and worry about the truck later. I love Colorado, I can't wait to go there again, but I want the girls to be a bit older, so we can take them hiking and stuff.

LL- I wasn't knocking the title, it was just what I thought when I first read it. Like it was a new talking toy.
June 2nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Willow - a day off a week during the school break sounds great - I bet you'll be so much more productive! And the boys will like a change. Have fun with the camper - we bought one for Brad to live in before he went to Iraq, I can't wait to use it for holidays.

Florida vacation sounds great Deanna and Mel. I've never been but would love to visit one day. SC isn't far.

We are going to Australia in just 4 sleeps! Should be loooovely! It's heaps warmer than here and the beach is calling my name. Just wish I were in better shape for a swimsuit. Oh well.
June 2nd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Carla- I bet you look fabulous in a swimsuit!!!! Australia sounds awesome!!!

Mel- you will have to tell us about the Harry Potter set up if you go... we are thinking about going next Spring!

It's a rainy, stormy day here and I am chapperoning for Keily's class trip to the zoo! UGH! Should be interesting.....

June 2nd, 2010, 05:39 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good morning everyone!

Sounds like some fun trip planning going on! We won't probably be going anywhere. Totally broke. I'm sure I will manage to plan a couple day trips or hopefully a weekend at the ocean. Although, I made it very clear to David that it would be a lot of beach time and NO time in the arcade. I REALLY want a membership to the science center, but I don't have a spare $150 laying around. I loathe summer heat and humidity. To have to go through the whole summer pregnant, well...I'm less than amused. Weekly trips to the science center would keep the kids entertained and me cool with AC. MIL is friends with the director and has gotten the kids in free before, but we have to wait for the days when she is working. Plus, I don't want her to think we are taking advantage of her.

Anyway....I am getting excited for the end of the school year. Just looking forward to not rushing every morning to make sure everyone is up and out by a certain time. Nicholas has 7 more days and Emily has 9. Nicholas is not going to school today...the fever, sore throat and headache has finally caught up with him. This illness is strange. It takes like a 2 day break in between kids. The fever isn't too bad...worse was 101.5, but they are suffering with HORRIBLE headaches. Just one more kid (which would be another week or so) and we should be out of this cycle. Oh yeah....I just got pink eye. So, I guess that would start a new cycle.

Today, I have to drop off Nicholas' kindergarten packet and Brady's preschool packet. I can not believe Nicholas will be going to full day school next year, riding the school bus and eating lunch in the cafeteria!!!! I'm not sure I'm ready for all that....lol.

June 2nd, 2010, 05:43 AM
~*Melanie*~
Just imagine the free time you will have when they are in school Party time! hee hee!!
June 2nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan H View Post

It's a rainy, stormy day here and I am chapperoning for Keily's class trip to the zoo! UGH! Should be interesting.....
How was the weather at the zoo? It was beautiful near me.
June 2nd, 2010, 03:14 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
The title totally messed me up, I didn't know what this tread was! LOL

We are off to see Robert Munsch in 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lindsay* View Post

Andrea, that sounds like a fun trip! Is that a big mall?
It is the biggest mall in the world.

June 3rd, 2010, 04:16 AM
~TreeGrl~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How was Robert Munsch Brandy? Was he visiting a bookstore or giving a speech or something? Did you get some books signed?

I love meeting author/illustrators. We had Mark Teague sign some books recently. I love his illustrations, but I think Munsch is much more well-known.

Carla, How is Brad doing? Did you have a long talk? Did you say that you are coming back to the states in August? Will you go back to your house? How is Riley doing? Did he start patching yet? I am still working on the patch kit we will send you. I got 4 big boxes of patches in yesterday--a good thing too, because TJ had run out. One of the things TJ does lately is look at us over his glasses. I am trying to stop him from doing that every time I see him do it because it is so bad for his eyes.

Lindsay-Is your home improvement all done now? What is new now that you are back home from you great vacation?

Megan- How was the field trip? Happy Birthday! What do you and Marcie have planned to celebrate?

I love short weeks. I can't believe it is Thurs. already. I hope to sign the boys up for swim lessons today.

Anyone watching the NBA finals? Basketball is big in my house, especially when the Celtics are playing. I hope to see a few games. I love watching them with Tony.
June 3rd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The field trip was fine! The weather was clear. We only had 2 hours at the zoo (and we had to eat lunch and see the 25 min. dolphin show) in the middle of that time.... so we really only had about 1 1/2 to RUN through the zoo and try to see as many animals as we could. I must say, the day went by really fast!

Let's see for our birthday- Marcie works and then has class soon after she gets home! It's her last class until the new one starts up next week. She's had class Monday- Thursday this month! Crazy!! She's been really stressing with ALL the work she has. I don't know how she does it. Anyway, we are going out tomorrow night! Woo Hoo!!

June 3rd, 2010, 05:42 AM
~*Melanie*~
Happy Birthday Marcie and Megan!!
June 3rd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, Mel!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search